Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Tampa - Courtesy Nissan - Good experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Tampa - Courtesy Nissan - Good experience

Ok, I went to Courtesy Nissan in Tampa and talked with Kris Rantz. His name was given to me by "filter1-Chris" via PM. I explained the front wheel bearing problem and told him of my research on Maxima.org regarding many people getting it covered under the 6/60 powertrain. He said, No....bearings are only under 3/36 bumper to bumper. I have 38k miles. I pulled out the warranty book and showed him that it clearly states "bearings" as part of the 6/60. He said, that if it doesn't say "wheel" bearing it will not be covered. He was not trying to be a PITA about it but just didn't Nissan would pay the dealership under warranty work. I reiterated that other .org members have gotten it covered in various states. He was cool about it and I asked to check with Nissan and call me with their reply. He called me 4 hours later and said my car was done. They replace the left front wheel hub and bearing and IT WAS COVERED UNDER THE 6/60 POWERTRAIN WARRANTY! He was surprised. He was also very cool about my mod's....H-Techs, Stage I LCA bar, FSTB and other obvious changes never even mentioning them. I would be happy to scan/copy/fax/email the work order that I have to anyone trying to collect or get bearings replaced under 6/60 powertrain warranty. The dealership and service department is completing a complete make-over of the building and waiting area. I will go back to them when the other wheel bearing wears out.