Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Beware of the Corner Tire Shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 07:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Beware of the Corner Tire Shop

The Max will be going into the body shop on November 18th to have the side skirt/lip repaired. Some of you may remember I was pretty ****ed off when I was having my tires replaced and the technicians at the shop put the floor jack under the wrong points of my car and damaged the lip on both sides of my car.
I found a guy with his own shop (he has been in business over 20 years) willing to do the job for $135. I want to keep the body of this car preserved as long as I can being that I won't be buying a car for another few years. The body is in great condition and I want to keep it this way.
There are blocks made for our cars that fit where the jack points are (I think they're made from rubber). I would recommend that everyone buy these blocks and use them when the car is going to be lifted buy a non-Nissan type shop. Nissan dealers use the blocks to prevent damage to the unibody. I don't have the part number for the blocks but I am sure the Matt from Tustin Nissan (you'll find him in the Group Deals Forum) will give us a good price on them.

Well people, just be careful and supervise those techs that will throw the jack under the car without knowing where the jack points are under your cars.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:27 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Beware of the Corner Tire Shop

you have a body kit, it wasn't on there at LSP?
Old 10-24-2001, 08:05 PM

Re: Re: Beware of the Corner Tire Shop

Originally posted by NickStam
I don't have a body kit. Actually, I am talking about the lip under the side of the Max.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:01 PM

Well, that lip that you actually hook up your spare tire jack is ALWAYS damaged by damn near all shops unless they have a slit-block or something.

But that is something that a dealer or anyone will not take off for, it is damn near like a fact of life now, like door dings in Metropolitan areas.

I know, it ****ed me off too, but sometimes it is like aint no need to stress over it and give yourself a heart attack over it. As long as the structual integrity of the car is not compromised, then I am cool with it.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:22 AM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

I know, it ****ed me off too, but sometimes it is like aint no need to stress over it and give yourself a heart attack over it. As long as the structual integrity of the car is not compromised, then I am cool with it.
This happened at the beginning of the summer. To leave it that way, it just makes the car look tacky. My father used to leave stuff like that all over his cars and I hated it. Hell, I spend my hard earned money for this thing, I want to stay nice.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:27 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: Beware of the Corner Tire Shop

Originally posted by NickStam
he's talking about the pinch weld in the lower body of the jack. all uni body have this. it's the part where the notch from the e-jack sits in.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Beware of the Corner Tire Shop

Originally posted by DanNY

he's talking about the pinch weld in the lower body of the jack. all uni body have this. it's the part where the notch from the e-jack sits in.
Thanks Dan. Everything has a name, I just didn't know what the correct name was.