Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Prostreetonline.com - DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Prostreetonline.com - DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!!!

this was perhaps the biggest mistake I have ever made. I purchased tein SS coilovers from prostreetonline on 3/30/08. They informed me it would take a week to get them from Tein and then another week for ground shipping to me. So a two week wait. When I had ordered them prostreetonline told me they had them in stock which clearly turned out to be a lie.

So I was anxiously waiting and waiting for these coilovers to come, constantly checking the UPS status online. It finally came. I was washing my car and the UPS truck came. The driver seemed to be taking an extremely long time inside and finally came out and told me "you wanna take a look at this?". I saw the package and it was RIPPED in half with pieces falling out etc etc. The driver told me I have two options: either refuse delivery OR accept it. Refusal of delivery would mean I have no responsibility in the damages and it would just be sent back to prostreet. Accepting it would be more risky since prostreet could argue that I damaged it. So I did the smart thing and refused it.

I got on the phone with prostreet and informed them of what happened. They told me they need to wait for word from UPS.

So I got a call from prostreet the day after telling me that UPS told them they are sending the package out but till then there will be a "claim". I was told when prostreet gets it back they will inspect the package and then send me another one.

It took fuking 2 weeks for UPS to send it back to prostreet. When they recieved it, they never called me but I had to call them and ask if they recieved it. They said the "claim" is still ongoing and they cannot send me out a new shipment till its finished.

Fast forward to last week. I called prostreet, once again, and Ryan told me "it looks damaged and it looks like we can send you a new set out but we have to order them from tein". So it took a week for Prostreet to get them from Tein and he explicitly told me they would ship out early next week to me address. I was finally happy I would be getting them.

I call Prostreet to ask them if they got shipped and they told me UPS reopened the claim b/c they believe they didnt damage the package and my coilovers cannot ship out till the claim is closed. Ryan told me they would ship out early in the week. This is when I got really mad and started yelling. I was calm through out the whole 5 week ordeal but enough is enough. I even asked for a refund and they said its "not possible right now".

The reason the claim was reopened was b/c UPS had "resealed" the damaged box so it didnt "look" damaged according to the California UPS branch.

So here I am, going on 6 weeks with still no coilovers that I spent more than $1000 on. All Ryan keeps saying is "I apologize" etc etc etc. I dont give a **** about your apologies. Im so frustrated already! On top of that, since they screwed me, I atleast asked them to send the new ones out (God knows when) via 2 day shipping since I waited long enough. Ofcourse they said no, I would have to pay extra.

Please NO ONE ever get stuff from prostreet again. There was another org member on here who ordered 00-03 coilovers and the 6th gen ones got shipped instead and prostreet refused to take them back and so he had to sell them himself.

I will make it a point to post this thread on Nissan forums, Honda forums, Toyota forums etc etc etc.

I HATE PROSTREET!!!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 08:00 PM

dame thats ****ed up they should refund your money period because thats not your prb! plus look how long you waited. how long has that company been open for? also how did you make payment to them.

ive been waiting to buy your old suspensions also since my stocks struts are going. and your local.

Last edited by nycmaximakid; 05-08-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 PM

got your PM man...

well they will have a pleasant surprise soon enough. I filed a complaint with their local BBB office and I filed a request for credit chargeback with AMEX. These people have absolutely no concern. They have my money, the damaged coilovers AND the replacements. I told them I have nothing to do with their dispute between UPS and them so either refund my money or send me the coilovers asap. These retards only say "we're working on it sir...we're sorry". When you have my merchandise and my money you better be more than sorry.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:45 PM

heres what the Rep said in an email to me:

Here is what the Prostreet rep said in an email to me:

"Rahul,

UPS contacted us in regards to the damage claim, and they notified us that the claim was declined. I got in touch with one of the supervisors in charge of the claims departpartment and they are going to re-open the claim. Until that time, we will need to hold onto the replacement coilovers. I tried calling to notify you however I could not reach you. We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience that this may have caused you and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ryan Paek
Pro Street Motorsports
www.prostreetonline.com
1-888-776-7022"

He said he doesnt know how long the claim will take and it might not even be approved...again. WTF!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:33 AM

Wow dude that is shady, so how long for the AMEX chargeback to go through/get approved?
Old 05-09-2008, 08:11 AM

Oh man Rahul what a headache. A big purchase like that you wanna deal with the big respectable company/dealer. Sometimes this means you pay a lil more than usual but i hate being in situations like the one your in SO MUCH i pay the extra amount. I dont like loosin sleep over bull like that.
Got mine from Stealin came quick no issues with free shipping.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by MintVQ35
Wow dude that is shady, so how long for the AMEX chargeback to go through/get approved?
a bit too long...6-8 weeks. But sometimes it works out great. For example, I could get the coilovers and then get the charge back credit in addition. It has happened to many many people.

Originally Posted by RacerX1320
Oh man Rahul what a headache. A big purchase like that you wanna deal with the big respectable company/dealer. Sometimes this means you pay a lil more than usual but i hate being in situations like the one your in SO MUCH i pay the extra amount. I dont like loosin sleep over bull like that.
Got mine from Stealin came quick no issues with free shipping.
yea man...I should have spent the extra $200 from someplace else and I would have been on coilovers 3 weeks ago. The money is one thing but the fact that theyre playing me for a fool is another thing and thats what I wont tolerate. Im having a lawyer call those fools by afternoon PST