Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Dealership and Vendor Experiences (https://maxima.org/forums/dealership-vendor-experiences-9/)
-   -   Boycott stillen! Cattman from now on (https://maxima.org/forums/dealership-vendor-experiences/598342-boycott-stillen-cattman-now.html)

PatKeo6373 09-03-2009 03:35 PM

Boycott stillen! Cattman from now on

So i ordered over 1000 dollars worth of parts from those idiots at stillen. Now they gave me 100 stillen bucks so i ordered an oil cap and a battery tie down. Now a month has gone by an still no parts. so i call and looking for my parts and they tell me "o we thought u wanted to order more parts so we never placed your order". I said no i just wanted the two parts that were covered by my stillen bucks. Now they are telling me my stillen bucks have expired and they cant do anything for me all because they cant understand a simple order for a damn oil cap and battery tie down. So i say screw stillen they are over priced over rated and have a bunch of morons working for them.

nzelinsky 09-03-2009 03:36 PM

there is a buyer feedback forum for this stuff...

edit: oh ya, why would you waste $1000 on stillen gear?? wtf did you buy? please dont say headers.

dwade27 09-03-2009 03:41 PM

what did you buy for $1000?

SteveB123 09-03-2009 04:02 PM

1. If you thought they were overpriced, why did you order a THOUSAND DOLLARS in parts from them?

2. How does the Cattman oilcap and battery hold down fit? As well as the Stillen?:rolleyes:

VQP0WER 09-03-2009 04:04 PM

I understand you are frustrated, but why did it take you a month to call them to check the status? If I don't receive a shipping comfirmation within a week of ordering anything, I'm on the phone.

2damax 09-03-2009 04:55 PM

you did wait a little long but that is no excuse for such poor customer service. I am angry for you! :mad:

Rochester 09-03-2009 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by PatKeo6373 (Post 7186350)
So i ordered over 1000 dollars worth of parts from those idiots at stillen.

You spent $1000, but are went full flame-on because of a silly oil cap and battery tie-down? Your response is disproportionate to the situation.

Bad customer service, sure. But it's a 2-way street. Sounds like you're a bad customer.

However, the lesson learned is a good one: always check with Cattman first.

t6378tp 09-03-2009 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester (Post 7186468)
You spent $1000, but are went full flame-on because of a silly oil cap and battery tie-down? Your response is disproportionate to the situation.

Bad customer service, sure. But it's a 2-way street. Sounds like you're a bad customer.

However, the lesson learned is a good one: always check with Cattman first.

thats just dumb

so if they stick it in alittle just bend over and take it but if they put the whole thing in then say ouch :eek:

does not matter how much he spents the Man does not like being riped off

PatKeo6373 09-03-2009 06:14 PM

O no i heard about there headers. i ordered the full lip kit, front an rear strut bars, rear swaybar, and a grounding kit. i waited so long cuz i just moved from boston to virginia and i been busy doin stuff for school. i called my parents to see if it ever came but it didnt. I got so pissed off cuz they told me they wont do anything for me not cuz it didnt show up. thats not how u treat customers if u mess up its only right u atleast give them wat the ask for. and how am i a bad customer that makes no damn sense man. id say i was a good customer for them till today when i freaked out on them for saying to bad we cant help u

PatKeo6373 09-03-2009 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by SteveB123 (Post 7186395)
1. If you thought they were overpriced, why did you order a THOUSAND DOLLARS in parts from them?

2. How does the Cattman oilcap and battery hold down fit? As well as the Stillen?:rolleyes:

Idn if cattman has an oil cap and battery brace but if they do im sure its quality parts. this all happened today

Leo_Koneval 09-03-2009 07:51 PM

Ah that stinks! You should have watched your $1000+ purchase like a lion stalking its prey. I mean they should have had made sure your purchase is sent on time and is as accurate as possible!

I am angry for you as well! :mad::mad::mad:

PatKeo6373 09-03-2009 09:47 PM

i got the all the parts i paid a grand for they gave me "stillen bucks" so i ordered just a couple lil dress up parts. but the damn sales rep told me the order was placed but he never got around to putting it into the comp prob cuz it was paid with "stillen bucks". when i called them looking for it he said they expired last week and since they never put my order in there is nothing they can do for me. like come on two lil pieces of aluminum cost probly 3 bucks to make, and instead of making a customer happy they basically say srry we screwed up too bad deal with it

rroderiques77 09-03-2009 09:51 PM

I feel your pain. Stillen sucks

CMax03 09-03-2009 10:33 PM

get a courtesy nissan oil cap!

Rochester 09-04-2009 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by t6378tp (Post 7186568)
so if they stick it in alittle just bend over and take it but if they put the whole thing in then say ouch

Disregarding Rush Limbaugh's homophobic analogy...

He's getting some decent quality aftermarket parts, at a premium price. And he's learned a valuable lesson. Flaming because he didn't get his oil cap door-prize isn't worth the effort. Like I said, its disproportionate.

On the flip side of this transaction, some customer Rep at Stillen really screwed up. When a paying customer asks for something out of the give-a-way bin, you give it to them.

shadyonedeath 09-04-2009 09:32 AM

i wouldn't buy from either.

SteveB123 09-04-2009 02:03 PM

All this drama over "free" parts that don't add speed, or lose weight.

Leo_Koneval 09-04-2009 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by PatKeo6373 (Post 7186902)
i got the all the parts i paid a grand for they gave me "stillen bucks" so i ordered just a couple lil dress up parts. but the damn sales rep told me the order was placed but he never got around to putting it into the comp prob cuz it was paid with "stillen bucks". when i called them looking for it he said they expired last week and since they never put my order in there is nothing they can do for me. like come on two lil pieces of aluminum cost probly 3 bucks to make, and instead of making a customer happy they basically say srry we screwed up too bad deal with it

Oh whoops I didn't read the story carefully enough sorry :bawling:

But I'm glad you got all your kits and thingy-ma-bobbers :laugh:

cartman854 05-27-2010 06:43 AM

Everyone knows that oil cap adds speed....
I have had no prob with Stillen with my orders, they are just... very overpriced.

ColombianMax 05-30-2010 10:12 PM

I say we develop an evil plan to screw them over... perhaps we can order some parts and ove rpay with a check from Nigeria and have them return the extra we "overpaid" :wall:

5 ltr. beater 06-01-2010 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by PatKeo6373 (Post 7186350)
So i say screw stillen they are over priced over rated and have a bunch of morons working for them

......you're just discovering this now??? :confused:

pitty you spent your money on them. im sure if you would've posted in the forums what people think of Stillen, you would have probably had everyone tell you to go elsewhere.

viperboy 06-01-2010 10:24 PM

Sucks man, sorry. I love how $tealin never responded to this thread although I know they saw it...

The Wizard 06-20-2010 01:10 PM

This is earth calling Josh @ Stillen. Come in Josh @ Stillen. Do you copy good buddy?

I think we need to hear the other side of this story (although this thread is old) and get this issue resolved.

OP, I see you're an active member and were on the org two days ago, but don't contribute to this thread you started. Do you not care about this issue anymore, or did it get resolved by chance?

speedymax99 06-20-2010 04:54 PM

Stillen makes the best Maxima parts, and their customer service is excellenet.
If you think their stuff is overpriced, you've never dealt with high quality aftermarket parts. I've spent maybe $10k with Stillen, and always satisfied.

Rods03Max619 06-21-2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by speedymax99 (Post 7610165)
If you think their stuff is overpriced, you've never dealt with high quality aftermarket parts. I've spent maybe $10k with Stillen, and always satisfied.

Never had a problem with Stillen ordered a couple of times from them and they match price so its good and would get a Supercharger if they had one for the 02 -03 Maxima's:kiss:

matt06 06-22-2010 05:47 AM

only thing i want from stillen is a lip, are there any other makers?

tigersharkdude 06-22-2010 02:03 PM

ionicdynamics.com

5 ltr. beater 06-22-2010 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by speedymax99 (Post 7610165)

thats the problem and you just pointed it out. unless you're gonna dump some serious cash with them, they just give you the cold shoulder and case in point, a sitaution as the OP described.
only problem with that is that if , for example, you burn the guy today willing to spend $100, chances are he won't be back to dump $10,000 when he gets it (like me).
high performance shops are a dime a dozen and if you ask me, the best performance shop of all time is Summit.
Stillen treated me like crap when i was a kid only able to spend about a $100 at a time.
so i went shopping around and stumbled across Summit and have never been anywhere else since.
as the years went by, when my tastes (and wallet) got bigger, i called Summit to dump a $1000 here, $2800 there....etc.
THAT's a professional aftermarket performance company that places like Stillen, will never be as successful. Why?
because they treat the guy that has $1 or $1000 just the same. period.

Snypa 06-23-2010 07:12 PM

:mrgone:

irish44j 06-24-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by t6378tp (Post 7186568)
th

does not matter how much he spents the Man does not like being riped off

not really sure how he was ripped off though. After all, he didn't actually pay for the oil cap and tiedown....he used the stillen bucks, which he also didn't pay anything for.

in any case, poor customer service, but OP didn't actually lose anything....

I never had any problems with Stillen...had a few of their parts.