Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Racingline Performance Highflow cats

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 03:33 PM

Racingline Performance Highflow cats

Just got in the New precats from racingline
Thanks to john and taz for giving me the honour of getting the first 5at ones

my car has a 120,000 miles on it and it had a clogged precat code

my gains were way more then just 8hp and 14lb torque

i got back alot of the power that i was lacking to begin with

the car is ALOT more powerful

the precat code is now gone too

Old precats (Fugly *** sob's)

Old one clogged ... sooo bad

<3 new cats

i can see right through the new cat
Old 09-09-2010, 03:58 PM

Couldn't resist yourself...huh. When you are ready to install the pulley you already know where to go. How are the pre-cats going for you? Any codes yet?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:27 AM

ill swing by this sunday

nope no codes yet

just a lot of cars thinking im on spray after all the mods lol
Old 09-11-2010, 11:42 PM

Just imagine when you really are going to be. Day and night difference...
Old 10-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Taz, can you please check your pm and email? I've been trying to get in contact with you about the rear endlink parts I need. Thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just out of curiosity, I got my racing line performance precats last week for my 06' SE. Last weekend, I put the car on ramps to take a look at how difficult this will be. The front precat seems to be a fairly easy swap out (easy access to the 6 bolts with the heat shields off), but removal of the rear cat looks to be a PITA... From under the car, the bolts attaching the rear precat seems to be blocked from the bottom by the precat heat shield which looks to be tack welded in place and from the top by the heat shield on the rear exhaust manifold.

According to the service manual, you have to remove the front suspension member in order to remove / replace the precats, but I haven't seen any DIY'r reference this...

My initial thoughts is to hit the heat shield on the back precat with a air chisel to break the welds and hopefully get some more access, but I don't know if that is logical since if I were to replace the cat with a OEM, the heat shield would be on the new one too.

I know several of you have completed this job already. I'm not worried about tackling this, just prefer not to miss the forest through the trees per say and spend a good portion of the day thinking WTF only to have it dawn on me afterwards that I am missed the obvious ....

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-11-2011, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by athlon omega
Taz, can you please check your pm and email? I've been trying to get in contact with you about the rear endlink parts I need. Thanks
i don't see a message from you .. sorry i just started getting back on the org

Originally Posted by steve1893
Just out of curiosity, I got my racing line performance precats last week for my 06' SE. Last weekend, I put the car on ramps to take a look at how difficult this will be. The front precat seems to be a fairly easy swap out (easy access to the 6 bolts with the heat shields off), but removal of the rear cat looks to be a PITA... From under the car, the bolts attaching the rear precat seems to be blocked from the bottom by the precat heat shield which looks to be tack welded in place and from the top by the heat shield on the rear exhaust manifold.

According to the service manual, you have to remove the front suspension member in order to remove / replace the precats, but I haven't seen any DIY'r reference this...

My initial thoughts is to hit the heat shield on the back precat with a air chisel to break the welds and hopefully get some more access, but I don't know if that is logical since if I were to replace the cat with a OEM, the heat shield would be on the new one too.

I know several of you have completed this job already. I'm not worried about tackling this, just prefer not to miss the forest through the trees per say and spend a good portion of the day thinking WTF only to have it dawn on me afterwards that I am missed the obvious ....

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

ok basically you need 1 person on top and one on the bottom

first of all you have to remove the rear heat shield and clear up the suspension member .. then you get an extension enough to go down all the way while you have one guy at the bottom with also a extension holding the bottom bolt in place and the one on top has to force it open ....mines was a PITA cause the bolts were rusted BAD but in the end it was a long job cause i also put the Plenum spacers / block off plate / 1 step colders and the pre cats all at the same time

knock it all out at the same time cause god knows i hate taking everything off ..