Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

Spray Wax - Good or Bad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Spray Wax - Good or Bad?

In theory, it seems like a good idea...Spray the wax, wipe it around, buff it off. I don't know anyone who uses it, so I don't know if there are any long term concerns or if it's really a good idea at all. Is it logical that since carnuba wax can be provided in a paste form and a "lotion" form, that it could also be provided in a spray liquid form? Searching through the forum posts, I don't turn up much dialogue on the subject.

So...Any thoughts or opinions? If positive, any recommendations on product?

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2003, 12:41 PM

Meguiar's new spray wax gets excellent reviews, but you can't use it as the only wax for it to look great. For example, you wash your car, wax with S100 carnauba or something and next week wash again. Then you can use the spray wax to sort of refresh what wax you already have on there. Used that way its great. But on the other hand, it really isn't worth the effort. It isn't like a quick detailer where you spray and wipe off. You need to spray it on the applicator, then spray it on the car, apply it all over the car, let it haze, then buff off.
Old 10-07-2003, 01:28 PM

yeah, i agree what squard said. main wax i use is meguiars gold klass wax then i just use that eagle one wax-as-u-dry like once in awhile to help keep that shine.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Has any one tried the Wax as your dry from eagle one? It seems pretty cool because it goes on while the car is still we there for you avoid the risk of getting swirl marks from rubbing dry paint.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by bigcozz
Has any one tried the Wax as your dry from eagle one? It seems pretty cool because it goes on while the car is still we there for you avoid the risk of getting swirl marks from rubbing dry paint.
did you even read my post?

yeah it gives a decent shine, but i'd recommend getting a real wax job and use that eagle one stuff in between waxings to help maintain the shine.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanks for the feedback. Well...If the general concensus is that it's a good "refresh"...I guess I'd rather throw on a good wax every one or two months. My max looks great even when it hasn't had any wax for a few months. There doesn't seem to be any reason to spray it on if I can do a better job for the little extra effort.

Thanks again.