Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

best value on polish/pads

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 01:30 PM
jjj

best value on polish/pads

anyone know where is the best value on pads/polish or mabe a combo deal. I want to do a 3 or 4 step clay bar, polish (1 or 2 diff cut pads), and then wax.
thanks
Old 03-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

I get most of my stuff from here:

http://www.danase.com/

Bob has great customer service, fast shipping and very competitive pricing. If you have questions, he returns emails very quickly.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:27 PM
jjj

which stuff do you get?
Old 03-16-2008, 05:50 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

Check this page. It has clay, polishes and wax.
http://www.danase.com/dabrpr.html

For pads, I'm partial to the CCS pads here...
http://www.danase.com/lacomaccspa.html

Email Bob, he can help you choose the right products, too.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:10 AM
jjj

okay
since its hard to get broad detailing info out of anyone here Ive gathered the following info:

1. machine detailing methods and pads:
if the paint is not too f*@#ed up- Lake Country, OEM-Style, CCS Technology, 6.5 inch Foam Pads seem to be the most popular
and since im not entering a car show i sounds like the white pad with a polish-
glaze can be used too but more for body shops(compound 1st with different pad -orange i think if really krappy paint)

and then black pad used with wax (more shiny but doesnt last as long)or sealant (lasts longer than wax but some say not quite as shiny--most likely bs. most likely no major shine difference)

far as products: use first polish/glazes, then wax/sealant
who really has time and energy to go through 6 steps with different pads/products unless they are entering a car show??? most of us just want to cost effectively get our paint in great shape and white pad with polish then black pad with wax/sealant is more fine.

it seems that seems like waxes and sealants bought in stores (walmart etc are half price as those bought on all the websites-autopia and others recommended here) but i cant find any polishes to be used with the white pad first, except on the stupid websites.

can anyone recommend cheapest and best polishes and waxes (for machine) that can be bought in stores please

the big players in detailing machines are

flex xc3401 vrg orbital polisher-around 279
ultimate detailing machine--around 129
pc 7424/7336-around 129 also
and the quality is in that order too, but i cant see $150 extra unless its a phenominal machine or its going to be used in a detailing shop or something and im sure the flex is better, but i doubt $150 better for the average person.
comments???
Old 03-17-2008, 03:27 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

There's SO many different products out there it's very hard to be specific. For great info on this try www.autopia.com That's a detailing specific forum.