Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

Turtle Wax Ice Line

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 08:50 PM

Turtle Wax Ice Line

I've always used a grade A product like Klasse, Menzerna, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, P21S .. whatever.

I just wanted to try that Turtle Wax Ice to see what all the hype was about. Well, it goes on kinda funny ... it's sticky and feels like i'm rubbing a dry sponge on a dry surface. Does not come off that easy as advertised, but does come off well with a bit more buffing... leaves a nice shine, not so smooth to the touch and didn't stain the black trim... but this stuff doesn't compare to the others i've used.. lucky i got my money back. Also i tried the Ice Tire Gel ? Oh what garbage this is. After cleaning the tire properly, and applying this crap... it looked candy coated and somewhat uneven when parked in the sun. I'm going back to my pinnacle onyx water based gel... even Meguiars Hot Tire Foam did a better job then the Ice crap .. oh well .. that was my experience with Ice Products... anyone else ?

Yeah, washed the car with dawn to strip the old wax (i only did one panel to test), clayed it so it was baby smooth, didn't need polishing so i just applied the Ice ... hmmmm I like applying Klasse all in one polish then their Acrylic Sealent, much better throw away the Ice... I wish they sold Klasse products at Walmart..

You see nanotechnology scares me ... when we get down to 30nm particle size, the bodies immune system doesn't detect it, and you don't know what this **** is doing inside your body. All of a sudden some strange cancers show up or you go crazy from this crap collecting in parts of your brain .. who knows.. read some scary facts about it... oh well.. i stay away from the nano products where it is only legal in 3rd world countries to handle and mix the products.. like Ultrasonic welding in China but illegal in the USA

Last edited by Nightshifter; 05-22-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:29 PM

dude, just stick with good ol' fashioned carnauba wax. undisputed best shine and gloss

(see below in sig)
Old 05-23-2009, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by anomaly117
dude, just stick with good ol' fashioned carnauba wax. undisputed best shine and gloss

(see below in sig)

Good ol carnauba wax does produce a great shine, but down here in Florida, the wax softens from the Heat and attracts particles (had this numerous times) so when you wash the car, you get fine scratches over time... i don't use any Carnauba down heyah Good sealents are the way to go... i remember topping the car off with P21S, and after driving, all this little grit was caught in the coat of wax after a while ... they had articles on this and believe me it happens. Now with the sealents, it didn't happen. So now i have this P21S here in the garage that i don't use anymore? Want it ?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:23 AM

i like black magic wax, shines your car up really nicely
Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 PM

The only thing I like of the Ice products is the wash shampoo.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:07 PM

I have used the Turtle Wax Ice car wash formula (not on my car ) and it was okay...doesn't work as well as Meguiar's gold class though IMO.

I do use the leather cleaner on my interior and I love it! It gives everything a nice shine without a greasy look and makes my seats look sexy without making them excessively slippery.