Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

The product that will take out Waterstains off your window!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 05:52 PM

The product that will take out Waterstains off your window!!!

Hey everyone, im sure some of you have been having a hard time trying to get your water stains off your window. you probably tried claybar, it works but doesnt fully take it off. Some people say vinegar works, but i didnt try that i just thought hey i dont want my car stinking up haha, or maybe even lemon juice. But w.e those dont seem to cut it. i was browsing for a product you can buy that you can use to simply just remove it without having to work so hard, cuz i mean its just a window. Theres instructionals on how you can take it off using buffers and all that but really theres no need to work so hard. I purchased a product called " Bruces water stain/spot remover." i just received it today and i have got to say i am very impressed with how less i had to work just to take off the stains. Their website says guaranteed or ur money back.

When i recieved my car, my uncle let me have his car, hes the first owner. He never had time to take care of it and always parked it near the sprinklers or if he did wash it he probably didnt wipe it down. Ever since the day he purchased it the water stains are that old since 1993. 16-17 years old water stains, that i literally took off in a few mintutes without working hard at all, however i didnt finish doing some windows cause it started getting cold outside haha

http://www.uniquedistributing.com/Br...N-REMOVER.html

Ebay sells it as well, i originally found it on ebay, but it is 2 dollars cheaper on their website. I am sorry i do not have pictures, i tried to take some but you just see the reflection of me, cant really see the spots/ or non spots

Heres what i did, i took a sponge, the yellow one with the green top. I put some water onto the sponge. this product is pretty much like a thick paste, i just simply took some and put some on the window while i scrubbed the window in a circular motion. After wiping it was so clean, like literally buying a new window. You may miss spots so after wiping it u can see where u didnt maybe scrub enough, just do the process over.

Last edited by Stwodahorty; 03-08-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:25 AM

Update: im continuing to do the windows. My rear window has it pretty bad, i used teh same product, it took some of it off, but if you look in the sun you can still see the waterspots, so what im doing now is using 3m rubbing compound which takes off swirls, oxidation, and water marks to see if it works, and it seems to be working pretty well.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:30 AM

Nice work, I have used that product on my car lol, found it at a hardware store a while back.

works well
Old 03-09-2010, 12:55 PM

the driver side of my car seem to work very well with the product, but the rear windsheild had it pretty bad, i had to buff it out slowly with 3m rubbing compound. most of the time you can only see the water stains in the sun. i need to wash off all the 3m rubbing compound and bruce water stain remover later when the sun starts to go down, its pretty windy right now so i dont want to wash it haha cuz the car is just gonna collect dust again, even in the garage.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:44 PM

okay actually if i were to rate this product, id give it a 6-7 out of 10. it worked very well on the driver side of my car, but when i worked on the passenger side windows and rear window, it didnt really work well, i think this item works well with new water stains or water stains that arent so bad, comes off right away, the rear window i had to buff it, and that took forever.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:49 AM

i think that Steel wool is a really good product to remove water spots off of your windows.. at work, i usually spray the window with a good amount of window cleaner then scrub with the steel wool and it takes all of if off.. like i said before for water spots on cars, i ACID WASH and it works all the time...
Old 03-12-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by saylee
i think that Steel wool is a really good product to remove water spots off of your windows.. at work, i usually spray the window with a good amount of window cleaner then scrub with the steel wool and it takes all of if off.. like i said before for water spots on cars, i ACID WASH and it works all the time...
does the steel wool scratch the window? and isnt there different kindas rough and fine, youd probably have to use the finest one right?
Old 03-12-2010, 08:10 PM

try out 0000 grade steel wool
Old 03-19-2010, 06:10 PM

so i used steel wool with the product i posted. works pretty well, it gives very minor scratches tho, but its not too big of a deal, u can barely tell. i rather have the minor scratches than the water stains. it looks horrible.