Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

New owner with tons of swirls in my paint, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 05:38 PM

New owner with tons of swirls in my paint, need advice

I bought a 2009 Super Black SV Sport last week. It's great, but my car has TONS of swirls! It's awful. It's so bad in spots that I was concerned it might have been painted, but I was assured by two trusted people that it was just a bad detail job. It came to me that way though, nothing I did. I need to take it to a pro and have them fix it because I don't have any of the proper tools to deal with something like this. What should I tell them I need when I call? Any special requests I should make besides "Fix the swirls!"? Thanks!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Sir Buckeye
I bought a 2009 Super Black SV Sport last week. It's great, but my car has TONS of swirls! It's awful. It's so bad in spots that I was concerned it might have been painted, but I was assured by two trusted people that it was just a bad detail job. It came to me that way though, nothing I did. I need to take it to a pro and have them fix it because I don't have any of the proper tools to deal with something like this. What should I tell them I need when I call? Any special requests I should make besides "Fix the swirls!"? Thanks!
If you take it to a detail shop, tell them it didn't get detailed properly and you need the swirls removed. Sounds like someone hit it with a wool buffing pad to buff out scratches and didn't follow up with a foam pad, which removes the finer swirls that the wool pad leaves behind.