Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

Sal Zaino Response about his products

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 11:04 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sal Zaino Response about his products

I e-mailed Zaino about what products they would suggest to me since the kit had a bunch of items i already had. I find their website is way too complicated and it contradicts itself A LOT. So if you're trying to figure it out yourself, forget it. That being said Sal Zaino got back to me and this is what he suggested for a list in no particular order:

Z-5
ZFX
Z-AIO
Z-PC
Z-CS
Z-8
Z-6

Couple of things to note. I did ask about Z-2 and he suggested Z-5 instead. He did not suggest getting both as it seams a lot of people do. Also, I said in my e-mail that i wanted something very comprehensive. So as far as I understand, this list will probably be overkill for most people, including me. But you don't use all of these, every time you do a detail.

Thought there would probably be some people out there interested in this.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

He sent me some other info as well about using the Z-PC, which they call their swirl remover:

How to use Zaino Z-PC

Z-PC is a versatile polish that can be used as a SMR or finishing polish. It works well on all paint, glass, plastic, and chrome and can be used by hand or machine.
I use ZP-C most often on maintained vehicles that have swirl mark build up from tunnel washes, or improper washing-drying techniques. ZP-C is not a compound
and will not level-remove severe defects.

Machine Use
D/A: Porter Cable:
Set your speed dial to ?5? using slow overlapping passes.

Rotary
1200-1400 for SMR and 800-1000 RPM for finishing using slow overlapping passes.

Pads
I prefer Lake Country 6-7.5? pads (High-Gloss, VC, or CCS)
Orange: Medium Cut
Green German : Medium Cut/Polish
White: Polishing
Black/Red: Finishing

Z-PC application

Eliminate Dusting: I mix ~ ¼ oz of Z6 per 4oz of ZP-C and prime my pad with one trigger of Z6.

Product Amount: After you polish a section your pad should be ?primed? with Z-PC. From this point on you only need 2-3 pea sized drops on your pads (per
section) as you continue to polish the surface? To put this in perspective 1 bottle of Z-PC lasts me as long as a 16oz bottle of Menzerna FPII.

By Hand: Using the Zaino applicator, apply 2 pea sized drops to the pad and work the product in a 1 x 1? area using straight line strokes (up-down, back-forth,
and diagonal), using medium pressure.

?Break Down? the Polish: Work Z-PC into your surface in 2 x 2? sections until the polish becomes translucent (i.e. you will see a light film on your paint). If
your towel is dragging or if the paint doesn?t wipe off with very little effort, then Z-PC is likely not broken down and still ?wet? on your surface.

Removal: Wipe your surface clean with a MF or cotton towel. If dry residue is present after your wipe down Z6 or a damp MF or Cotton towel can be used to
remove the product.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

And here is a trick he sent me about using Z-CS, which is their version of a sealant I believe.

Try this trick with Z-CS.
It's so Awesome! The Gloss and slickness is Incredible!!!!! It will knock your socks off.
Apply Z-CS over any Zaino Z-5 or Z-2 base... Apply Z-CS according to directions to the whole car. After doing the whole car.

Wait a minute and then immediately apply Z-6.... or you can use Z-8
Step back and check out the Foot Deep Gloss and Slickness..