Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   Dyno Discussion and Slips (https://maxima.org/forums/dyno-discussion-slips-33/)
-   -   204whp, 198tq - 1996 SE manual (https://maxima.org/forums/dyno-discussion-slips/211104-204whp-198tq-1996-se-manual.html)

96sleeper 02-24-2004 05:58 PM

204whp, 198tq - 1996 SE manual

Mods:
JWT hybrid intake
70mm TB
MEVI
cattman ss y-pipe
test pipe
2.5 b-pipe
hooker muffler
JWT ecu
UR underdrive pulley
Stock clutch/flywheel

graph shows my previous dyno as an automatic (with faulty rpm switch on the MEVI), and then after the 5spd swap.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...867_3_full.jpg

j_bryan 02-26-2004 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by 96sleeper
Mods:
JWT hybrid intake
70mm TB
MEVI
cattman ss y-pipe
test pipe
2.5 b-pipe
hooker muffler
JWT ecu
UR underdrive pulley
Stock clutch/flywheel

graph shows my previous dyno as an automatic (with faulty rpm switch on the MEVI), and then after the 5spd swap.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...867_3_full.jpg

nice numbers! I have a 96 also. How much for the 70 mm TB (ported right)? Did this help much in terms of HP?

MAXimumHP 02-27-2004 09:02 PM

Nice numbers man! Must be nice to have the cardomain sig covering up your 7000rpm redline :D

Wonder what kind of gains you would get from the JWT cams...

j_bryan 02-28-2004 06:32 PM

I'm also curious why you went w/ 2.5 exhaust piping rather than 2.25. I thought that 2.25 was good enough for NA.

Nealoc187 02-28-2004 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by j_bryan
I'm also curious why you went w/ 2.5 exhaust piping rather than 2.25. I thought that 2.25 was good enough for NA.

Most aftermarket exhausts are 2.5"... generally only the cheaper ones are 2.25".

audiyoudo 02-29-2004 10:57 AM

nice numbers! is that a wheel dyno or chassis dyno (ie. did you have to take your wheels off to dyno your car or just "drive-on"?)

michaelnyden 02-29-2004 11:00 AM

what rpm is your rpm switch on your mevi set at?

nismo2020 02-29-2004 02:08 PM

absolutley amazing .. that ecu+vi+70mm tb works wonders.

96sleeper 02-29-2004 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by audiyoudo
nice numbers! is that a wheel dyno or chassis dyno (ie. did you have to take your wheels off to dyno your car or just "drive-on"?)

is it a standard in-ground dynojet (248 I think) and it is SAE corrected.

96sleeper 02-29-2004 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
what rpm is your rpm switch on your mevi set at?

I have the summit switch so it is set at a weird rpm, I don't remember what it is. I just adjusted it on the dyno until there was no dip in power. The engagement point seems to be 5300 rpm.

speedemn 03-05-2004 04:00 PM

Mods:
JWT hybrid intake
70mm TB
MEVI
cattman ss y-pipe
test pipe
2.5 b-pipe
hooker muffler
JWT ecu
UR underdrive pulley
Stock clutch/flywheel

Excellent numbers!!! This has got to be the highest NA MEVI'd numbers out of a gen 4 Maxima!

Do you know what the temperature and humidity were at the time? The dyno graph should show it if you have it on disk. What is the Correction Factor?

Have you done any 1/4 mile passes with this setup or before?

96sleeper 03-05-2004 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by speedemn
Excellent numbers!!! This has got to be the highest NA MEVI'd numbers out of a gen 4 Maxima!

Do you know what the temperature and humidity were at the time? The dyno graph should show it if you have it on disk. What is the Correction Factor?

Have you done any 1/4 mile passes with this setup or before?

I don't know the temp but it was a little warm that day. I believe the correction factor was 1.01, so not very much. I went to the track alot as an automatic tranny, but not yet with the 5spd.

j_bryan 03-07-2004 12:16 PM

is the 70 mm tb is from a pathfinder? What year pathfinder did you use that fits a 4th gen?

speedemn 03-07-2004 01:09 PM

is the 70 mm tb is from a pathfinder? What year pathfinder did you use that fits a 4th gen?

I believe that the 2001 Pathfinder 3.5 has the compatible 70mm TB.

96sleeper 03-07-2004 08:40 PM

none of them fit a 4th gen. The TB is from a 2001 pathfinder, you have to make an adapter plate to make it work.

Dave B 03-08-2004 05:53 PM

Yep, he has the highest numbers. Requin6 (Paul) dynoed his 96 SE with the MEVI/JWT ECU/intake/y-pipe/UDP and pulled 200fwhp/198fwtq. Not bad I must say.

Dave

speedemn 03-08-2004 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dave B
Yep, he has the highest numbers. Requin6 (Paul) dynoed his 96 SE with the MEVI/JWT ECU/intake/y-pipe/UDP and pulled 200fwhp/198fwtq. Not bad I must say.

Dave

I dynoed 190/190 with the mods you mentioned above minus JWT ECU. The ECU is in now though and I will be dynoing in the spring! I really hope mine can turn out that well too!!!
Edit... oh wait, I got b-pipe and flywheel too.

nismology 03-18-2004 10:44 AM

Nope. Iron Lung made over 210WHP with the STOCK redline.

Sweet numbers nonetheless :thumbsup:

Jeff92se 03-18-2004 11:02 AM

Great numbers! Your pulling bigger numbers at the wheel than the rated flywheel numbers!

TB. What did you have to do for the TPS and the other various vacuum connections?

96sleeper 03-24-2004 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Great numbers! Your pulling bigger numbers at the wheel than the rated flywheel numbers!

TB. What did you have to do for the TPS and the other various vacuum connections?

TPS is the same, I just calibrated it to the maxima values per the haynes manual. I removed the fast idle cam/cold start from the TB and just bypassed the vacuum connection on the bottom.

Nope. Iron Lung made over 210WHP with the STOCK redline.

Sweet numbers nonetheless
The extended redline has nothing to do with more power, the peak power occurs before the stock redline anyway. It just provides more area under the curve. It is not just peak numbers that show how fast a car is, it is the area under the curve. I posted a comparison between me and iron lung's dynos that is pretty interesting. The torque of the ecu sure is nice, I wish there was one for the 99's so he could see what numbers he pulls. I am trying to decide whether or not I want cams or FI.

nismology 03-25-2004 02:07 PM

The extended redline has nothing to do with more power, the peak power occurs before the stock redline anyway. It just provides more area under the curve. It is not just peak numbers that show how fast a car is, it is the area under the curve. I posted a comparison between me and iron lung's dynos that is pretty interesting. The torque of the ecu sure is nice, I wish there was one for the 99's so he could see what numbers he pulls. I am trying to decide whether or not I want cams or FI.

The only reason I said that is because with his setup the raised rev-limiter ITSELF will automatically up his peak HP output seeing that his HP peak is at redline and still rising. We're not discussing area under the curve or what car is faster or not. Who cares? This is in the dyno forum, not the 1/4 mile forum. Besides I already understand that area under the curve is what matters.

Just stated that his HP #'s are the highest (in response to the post i quoted) and will get even higher once an ECU becomes an option for him.

Much props to you though... :thumbsup: