Feedback/Suggestions Let us know what you like about Maxima.org, its forums, or let us know what suggestions you may have! DO NOT POST YOUR CAR QUESTIONS HERE.

Why is everyone so *****y about searching here??

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:03 PM

Why is everyone so *****y about searching here??

I really don't understand what is so bad about someone just popping up and asking a question about their car? And I mean without having to get *****ed at for not searching? So what if it's been covered before a couple of years ago!?!? I don't even care it it's covered everyday. This is a forum specifically for Nissan Maxima's for Christ's sake. It's not like this is a forum for Automobiles in general and this one ***-hat keeps asking questions about his maxima every day that no one knows the answer to. I don't get it. Someone please help me understand what the big freaking deal is about not searching before you post.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:06 PM

Or should I have searched this first???
Old 06-08-2010, 06:25 PM

idk someone always starts b1tchin y didnt u search everytime someone asks a question even tho the search feature in this forum is terrible and never works good ive searched my own forums that i put up before and they didnt even come up in the search....terrible....and most old stuff leads to a broken link or a wrong thread so i think questions should be reanswered but i guess the old heads think they are too cool to reanswer questions since they already know the answer or have asked it before
Old 06-08-2010, 06:39 PM

^^You should consider typing in English.

...just saying
Old 06-08-2010, 06:58 PM

its just that some things get SO repetitive you want to shoot yourself. there have been COUNTLESS threads on turboing a VG, and theres 2-3 threads from the last 5 years with ALL the parts you need, and what you need to do. it comes up right at the top if you search as well, yet people will still ask.

and how to search has been mentioned as well, you have to hit search by relevancy
Old 06-08-2010, 07:11 PM

Just my two cents but I think people are just lazy these days. Ive done it, weve all done it. I think the OGs get frustrated because you can tell when someone has not even bothered to try and search before posting a question.

If you have tried and failed, then they recognize that and point you in the right direction. If you clearly have not bothered to take 20 minutes to try it out, then yeah, flame away.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by hotrodder
Just my two cents but I think people are just lazy these days. Ive done it, weve all done it. I think the OGs get frustrated because you can tell when someone has not even bothered to try and search before posting a question.

If you have tried and failed, then they recognize that and point you in the right direction. If you clearly have not bothered to take 20 minutes to try it out, then yeah, flame away.
I feel this way; the 3rd and 4th gen sections can get pretty bad about people being lazy. There are only so many questions, and 99.7% have been answered before. If the people who answered the questions suddenly disappeared, despite the answers being there, there would be people who couldn't figure out how to change a fuse to get their tail lights working.

otoh, we can usually tell by the way one asks a question (context, words used, etc) that their search has failed, or would yield useless results.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by BenStoked
I feel this way; the 3rd and 4th gen sections can get pretty bad about people being lazy.
not to be a d1ck and single a example out, but someone asked today about VG cold air intakes. search "cold air intake" by relevancy in the 3rd gen section, and look at all of the threads you get

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?searchid=1197908
Old 06-12-2010, 10:26 PM

and then after the search-

1. click this thread http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generat...ir-intake.html

2. read this response "nah man do this, go to ebay, buy a cold air from a 90-93 accord, bout $40 bucks, then buy a maf adapter and filter for a 89-91 maxima, bout $20, there ya go, the accord CAI is the exact same as the max man"

3. ?????????????

4. profit
Old 06-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have indeed noticed that we're pretty uptight around here for people driving middle of the pack family sedans.

noob laziness aside....
Old 06-12-2010, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by nismology
I have indeed noticed that we're pretty uptight around here for people driving middle of the pack family sedans.

noob laziness aside....
i think i'll go unwind by doing some tunning on my Max
Old 06-12-2010, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by nismomaxgtr18
^^You should consider typing in English.

...just saying

Is it the abreviations that confuse you.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by 2000_MAXIMA_KING
Is it the abreviations that confuse you.
you didnt use a single period to signal the end of a sentence hella run on paragraph
Old 06-13-2010, 01:08 AM

There is a lot to back up both sides of the arguement:
1. Like most threads have unanswered questions
2. Or the last post of the thread is someone saying to go search
3. Either that or the answer is hidng somewhere in 10 pages of rambling
4. Some threads are so old they can't be found anymore
5. Or search will give you the wrong results
6. The answer which works 10 years ago doesn't apply today in current times

But also some people:
1. Ask the most obvious questions
2. Ask things that have been covered hundreds of times
3. Ask questions but don't give any details so people can help
4. Never check for codes which is will almost always help others help them

But either way, it all depends on whether I feel nice that day or not. If I feel nice then I will answer it, and if I don't then I will ignore the thread.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by chrome91
you didnt use a single period to signal the end of a sentence hella run on paragraph
maybe it was one big sentence

just used to typing like that man, its a bad habit i get into when im on break from school
Old 06-13-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval
There is a lot to back up both sides of the arguement:

But also some people:
1. Ask the most obvious questions
2. Ask things that have been covered hundreds of times
3. Ask questions but don't give any details so people can help
4. Never check for codes which is will almost always help others help them

But either way, it all depends on whether I feel nice that day or not. If I feel nice then I will answer it, and if I don't then I will ignore the thread.
i couldnt have said it better myself

if its an obvious question thats been covered then i understand the problem but when these apply

then i think its legitimate to ask
Old 06-13-2010, 11:33 AM
You embarrass me.

Which would you prefer to have, a forum full of the same topics covered over and over again, or one that is moderated and contains valuable, unique info with every thread?

There are going to be people who have been members of a forum for a while and become uptight over seeing repeated topics. I'll try to help with info as I go along, but only if the OP doesn't expect to be spoonfed or is completely aware of how to search.

If you just joined the forums, you most likely searched on Google for a "maxima forums". Now that you've found the best resource for info, what is the difficulty of searching for your specific question "best intake" "headers" "car hesitates"...?
Old 06-13-2010, 12:13 PM

thats true zero but ive searched through pages and pages of threads on things where it went on and on and no answer
Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 PM
You embarrass me.

Is there a particular topic you're referring to?

The searching for "best" any part is subjective so you may not get a clear cut answer.
If you have a particular question, searched, and did not find your answer, to reduce assumptions, post up some of what you found and how it's not what you're looking for in the thread. This isn't limited to Maxima.org, it would prove validity in any forum/thread/post.

I noticed you mentioned trouble with old threads not linking etc... I believe a server change screwed up a lot of old threads, etc... The trick is, in the URL to change "showthread" to "oldthread", and hit Enter. It will go to the original link.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by zero2sixtyZ
Is there a particular topic you're referring to?

The searching for "best" any part is subjective so you may not get a clear cut answer.
If you have a particular question, searched, and did not find your answer, to reduce assumptions, post up some of what you found and how it's not what you're looking for in the thread. This isn't limited to Maxima.org, it would prove validity in any forum/thread/post.

I noticed you mentioned trouble with old threads not linking etc... I believe a server change screwed up a lot of old threads, etc... The trick is, in the URL to change "showthread" to "oldthread", and hit Enter. It will go to the original link.
No I never searched for which is the "best" something because that is just retarded, everyone has a different opinion and it ultimately depends on what you want that makes something "best". I was just referring to reading multiple threads about lowering my maxima on stock replacement struts and how to increase exhaust performance without increasing noise and never getting an answer. When i posted a thread about the exhaust question some members helped me and answered my question right away and I was satisfied but then the thread went on and on with members saying the op is ignorant you should have searched and multiple times I repeated that my question was answered and the thread went on and on for a whole week, it was kind of funny actually to be honest .
Old 06-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

ok let me know when you ladies are done venting.

there are arguements on both sides.

what i see time and time again is new guys want the info delivered to them on a silver platters.

sorry we're not your google...you do the leg work.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by DanNY
ok let me know when you ladies are done venting.

there are arguements on both sides.

what i see time and time again is new guys want the info delivered to them on a silver platters.

sorry we're not your google...you do the leg work.
and if the legwork only gives you an exercise in futility (which it usually does NOT), we are glad to help. As I said before, we can tell how a search went (or lack of one), based on the context of the question. For example:

I wanna turbo my maxima. What do I need? how much does it cost? my budget is only $xxx
will get answers such as "Search!!!!" along with the "n00blet" comments.
now this:

Hey guys, I am looking to turbo my maxima. I was looking for everything I need, and the list includes getting my ECU tuned by JWT, and some larger injectors.
I am having trouble finding what kind of headers I would need, I heard the 350zx uses the same engine as the maxima. would turbo headers for this engine work in my car?
This will yeild usable information (even comparisons, pictures, and writeups).
you can see the difference in the questions, both asking the same subject (how to turbo a maxima), but asking entirely different questions.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:04 PM

^^^^^^
Old 06-16-2010, 03:18 AM

We have reached a consensus! Now lets take this valuable new information and be free my brothers!

And may search... be with you. May you find your answers to life my comrades.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:08 AM

That's why we have www.Google.com, type in the question and they'll give you every single forum that relates to your damn question. Common sense people even a idiot with no education can comprehend. It doesnt take a monkey's glove to figure that out.