Fluids and Lubricants Motor oil, transmission oil, radiator fluid, power steering fluid, blinker fluid... wait, there is no blinker fluid. Technical discussion and analysis of the different lubricants we use in our cars.

2001 Nissan maxima 6 c antifreeze issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 09:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2001 Nissan maxima 6 c antifreeze issue?

So I have had my car since 2006. 2001 Nissan maxima 6c se. Wonderful car, except one strange problem. Of note, my radiator does not have leak per say. Never overheats, but the coolant bubbles up over the top of the radiatorwhike running. Again no issues besides adding coolant about ever 4 or 5 days and that wonderful antifreeze smell. . Never over heats, although I've never let it run dry. Any ideas?
Old 08-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

When's the last time you had the coolant drained? Could have air in it and the bubbles working out are resulting in coolant level dropping.

Do you have any visible leaks around the head gaskets? What's the engine oil look like...any signs of coolant in it?

Recommend you have it pressure checked to see if you have any leaks.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey thanks. At won't point I had to charge my collateral system because the ac was no cool. This was however after this issue started. Oil looks great, no gasket leaks. I did ponder the idea of draining my radiator and refilling. The leak is viable literally on the top where it bubbles over and obviously on the inside if the hood. Thanks for the input!!