General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How many people were stuck in snow today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2000, 06:23 AM

Today, when I woke up and went outside, there was 3 feet of snow in front of my garage and the temperature was -10 degrees celcius. The funny part was to watch my neighbours trying to get out of there driveways in there little Corolla's and getting stuck in the middle of the road. Luckily, the Maxima came through with no problem. I was wondering how many people have taken off there rims for the winter and is it worth the money investing in winter tires and steel rims?
Old 12-12-2000, 07:21 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I got stuck the other day. My friends and I went paintballing. And I drove my max with my "all-season" AVID V4s on. The other cars were. Audi A4 Quattro, New Nissan Pathfinder 3.5, Ford Explorer V6, old Acura 3.2TL. There was maybe 1 inch of snow on the floor. First up the hill.. Pathfinder.. Man, we were killing the Pathfinder on the highway. I kept going come on!! Hurry up.. Catch up.. "You wouldn't but you could!" Muahah! But they just hung back. The Explorer was next. It has 4wheel drive. But there was no way it was gonna catch the Pathfinder. After that, the TL and the A4, in that order. I was last. Man, I was spinning tire all over the place. Those guys just left me there. I got stuck and I had to roll backwards a little to get traction. Anyways, I had to use 1st gear all the way up the hill. The TL is also front drive and he got up without much problem. So it must be the tires. On the way down the we had to go up an incline before we could go down. My car got stuck again. This time I couldn't free myself.. My friends had to push me out. Bad stuff.. Oh well.. =)

ZuM

Originally posted by Nathan
Today, when I woke up and went outside, there was 3 feet of snow in front of my garage and the temperature was -10 degrees celcius. The funny part was to watch my neighbours trying to get out of there driveways in there little Corolla's and getting stuck in the middle of the road. Luckily, the Maxima came through with no problem. I was wondering how many people have taken off there rims for the winter and is it worth the money investing in winter tires and steel rims?
Old 12-12-2000, 08:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nathan ...

My stock tires suck ... I'm getting winter tires put on Saturday a.m. @ a place a coupla guys from the meet recommended ... wheels direct on sheppard or vic park ... how has your car held up in the past winters?

Originally posted by Nathan