General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Stillen Y-pipe Question >>>>>>.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2000, 02:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Just had the older Stillen Y-pipe(bought it from Jim W.) installed this morning. The mechanic commented on the great quality of the pipe even though it was used. Now my question is, he showed me that the 2nd O2 sensor is right up against one of the AXLES??? Or the support for the Axle ??? Does anyone else have this problem, it really does not harm anything since the piece it it against does not move in any way, it may vibrate according to him and eventually wear out the O2 sensor wire. Anyone else have this problem ????
Old 08-21-2000, 03:10 PM
Vic

Same thing with my ex y pipe

the second o2 sensor from the front is very close to one of the plates (your mechanic calls it axle) It can easily be cut or bent out of the way.
Vic

Originally posted by JULIAN
Just had the older Stillen Y-pipe(bought it from Jim W.) installed this morning. The mechanic commented on the great quality of the pipe even though it was used. Now my question is, he showed me that the 2nd O2 sensor is right up against one of the AXLES??? Or the support for the Axle ??? Does anyone else have this problem, it really does not harm anything since the piece it it against does not move in any way, it may vibrate according to him and eventually wear out the O2 sensor wire. Anyone else have this problem ????