General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How much time should I give her at the 1/4 for a bet? (track tomorrow!)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 08:25 PM

How much time should I give her at the 1/4 for a bet? (track tomorrow!)

Well I'm finally going to the track with this chick I work with. She has a 2001 Grand Prix GT with no mods and auto of course. I have a 99 SE 5 speed with a y pipe and a fresh tune up. She's been saying her car is way faster for a loooooooooooooooooong time, well 3 months but I've only had my car that long. She wants to bet money and I want to give her like .2-.3 seconds so she'll bet more (she has money so don't worry, she's my boss ) How much do you think I'll beat her by so I have an idea?
Old 08-02-2002, 08:27 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

your too confident, you'll prolly lose.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by NickStam
your too confident, you'll prolly lose.
My thoughts exactly! Opps, looks like you just bogged badly and then stalled your car..... PAY UP!
Old 08-02-2002, 08:58 PM
ivelweyz

Re: How much time should I give her at the 1/4 for a bet? (track tomorrow!)

Originally posted by JR_Anders
Well I'm finally going to the track with this chick I work with. She has a 2001 Grand Prix GT with no mods and auto of course. I have a 99 SE 5 speed with a y pipe and a fresh tune up. She's been saying her car is way faster for a loooooooooooooooooong time, well 3 months but I've only had my car that long. She wants to bet money and I want to give her like .2-.3 seconds so she'll bet more (she has money so don't worry, she's my boss ) How much do you think I'll beat her by so I have an idea?
Those things are slower than, well... a stock auto max with a 20 hp loss and weight gain. I f you don't beat her by over a second and a half at the track you should be disgusted with yourself!!!

J/k...

Old 08-02-2002, 09:22 PM

Re: Re: How much time should I give her at the 1/4 for a bet? (track tomorrow!)

Originally posted by ivelweyz

Those things are slower than, well... a stock auto max with a 20 hp loss and weight gain. I f you don't beat her by over a second and a half at the track you should be disgusted with yourself!!!

WHAT>
Old 08-02-2002, 09:29 PM

time to pray you dont miss a gear
Old 08-03-2002, 12:54 AM
SLOW

They run high 15s at best. With some stupid chick driving it who thinks its actually fast im guessing 16.5 @ 87mph for that piece....
Old 08-03-2002, 02:16 AM

Re: Re: How much time should I give her at the 1/4 for a bet? (track tomorrow!)

actually a STOCK auto max would get toasted by a Grand Prix GT in a quarter mile run. They have a lot more torque and their first gear is pretty crazy.

MAX2000JP had a 4th gen auto loaner a while back and my brother has a Grand Prix GT...we ran them...and from a light..it was no contest...the GT wins hands down....but from a roll...they are DEAD EVEN.

A 5-speed max with a y-pipe should have no problem at all.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:26 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

I f you don't beat her by over a second and a half at the track you should be disgusted with yourself!!!

Originally posted by Nealoc187
They run high 15s at best. With some stupid chick driving it who thinks its actually fast im guessing 16.5 @ 87mph for that piece....
that was a bright thing to say
Old 08-03-2002, 10:20 AM

I know I'm too confident! She's never been to the track before, I know she won't power brake, and I've been twice but with my car stock (I got a 15.9, and 15.5) had a bad launch the 1st time and I think I needed a tune up since my carfeels like it's running so much better now. I'm expecting low 15s today hopefully. Oh and I'll take out all the **** in my trunk (spare tire, jack, etc) and she has 2 - 12's and amp. I guess I'll just race her straight up, we're just betting lunch for a week. I'll let you guys know what happens, the race is tonight.
Old 08-03-2002, 04:46 PM

Just wanted to make sure you didn't mean GTP instead of GT. If she has a GTP (supercharged), it will be a close race.
Old 08-03-2002, 08:11 PM
SLOW

Originally posted by Chris91SE

that was a bright thing to say

Why... do you disagree? I'm guessing you haven't seen too many of them at the track, I have.
Old 08-04-2002, 01:40 AM

Why... do you disagree? I'm guessing you haven't seen too many of them at the track, I have.
Whats that girls name that drives the 8-9 second dragster? Lisa Kobo?
Old 08-04-2002, 10:43 AM
SLOW

Originally posted by AznWontonboy
Whats that girls name that drives the 8-9 second dragster? Lisa Kobo?
Thats a civic, not a dragster. Kubo.

There are plenty of good female drivers out there (Shirly Muldowney 4 second top fuel driver, Angelle Savior 7 second pro-stock bike driver, Sarah Fisher, IRL driver, etc), that was not my point. My girlfriend drives a 12.2 second F-150 Lightning. My point was that if the girl thinks her Grand Prix GT is fast, she obviously has no clue and most likely can't drive. Especially since she's never even been to the track.
Old 08-04-2002, 01:12 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

yes i do...i have seen and know personally a lot of women that run at that track. A few of which will blow the doors off a lot of cars around.
Old 08-04-2002, 01:54 PM
2K1HoMax

hit the nail right no the head, depending on elevation but average time in a stock GP (btw i hope its not an undercover GTP) they will hit anywere from 16.5-16.2 depends if the brake torque. those things usually get a holeshot on u for some reason and get slower ever time they change gears. they are pretty muc on par with a 00-01 stock auto max. (trust me i know, ive tried several times) even with all my mods they always get the holeshot, but since ur a 5spd that should be diff. just dont miss a shift and ull be just fine. (btw look under her hood to make sure its not a gtp with gt badges, its happend be4) if u werent betting cash then who cares.

Old 08-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My girlfriend drives a 12.2 second F-150 Lightning.

Wow Neal, so I'm guessing your gf consistenly spank you huh? j/k

12.2? And it's an auto! If only a SC auto Maxima can pull numbers like that...lol.
Old 08-04-2002, 02:15 PM

Well I'm getting free lunch this whole week! I ran a 15.1 and 15.3!!! yay!!! I think I could've done a little better but I was very happy. She ran a 16.9 and 17.3! It was so funny but I felt kind of bad because she reallly thought she would waste me. Now she know the power of the VQ

It was kind of weird that we both ran slower the second time
Old 08-04-2002, 02:23 PM
2K1HoMax

yeah for some reason my first run was my best one as well friday. after that it was all downhill, so was every1 elses runs, only the first run was a good 1, i should have stopped after the first run.

Old 08-04-2002, 02:53 PM

Well I'm getting free lunch this whole week! I ran a 15.1 and 15.3!!! yay!!! I think I could've done a little better but I was very happy. She ran a 16.9 and 17.3! It was so funny but I felt kind of bad because she reallly thought she would waste me. Now she know the power of the VQ

very nicely done.....
Old 08-04-2002, 03:38 PM

what did you guys trap @?? I'm guessing you got like 90 & she got 85?
Old 08-04-2002, 04:54 PM

Re: Re: Re: How much time should I give her at the 1/4 for a bet? (track tomorrow!)

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

actually a STOCK auto max would get toasted by a Grand Prix GT in a quarter mile run. They have a lot more torque and their first gear is pretty crazy.

MAX2000JP had a 4th gen auto loaner a while back and my brother has a Grand Prix GT...we ran them...and from a light..it was no contest...the GT wins hands down....but from a roll...they are DEAD EVEN.

A 5-speed max with a y-pipe should have no problem at all.
sorry brian, but im gonna have to disagree, my friend had a grand prix GT for a while, newer one, and well, im not a 4th gen, but considering 4th and 5th gens of same transmission run similar times, im saying that the maxima should win. Auto 4th or 5th gen should beat a grand prix gt, unless the auto 5th gen has better high end or something. Anyway my friend had one a while back, and from a dead stop, he ALWAYS, no excuses on my part, took the launch by a good 1.5 carlengths, and it would stay even like that until roughly 50-60mph, thats when i would slowly start to gain, and by 75-80 i was passsing him. we ran several times, 3 times from a stop, same result each time, and a 4 or 5 times from a roll, mind u the roll ons were from over 40mph, so i pulled easily. This was before i had any mods at all, and my 5th gen is an SE with all options, except TCS, so my car is by no means a featherweight compared to the Grand Prix GT. Base 5th gen GLE weighs in over 3300, and i have more options than base GLE
Old 08-04-2002, 06:07 PM
2K1HoMax

exactly the same story with me, off the line 1.5 cars but after that u start to gain. by the time u reach 80mph (of their third gear) they seem as if they are standing still. but the 1/4 is up once u get to the point of getting side by side. after the 1/4 they suck. the funniest thing was when i tried him on the freeway, til this day hes butthurt that i drove a complete circle around him since his speed limiter kicks in at 108mph. LOL it took a few sec but i actually went all the way around im with 2 other people in my car i coulndt stop laughing.

Old 08-04-2002, 06:11 PM

Nice kills. I'm glad you put her and her "sport car" in their place. You are a 5spd, right?
-Cyrus
Old 08-04-2002, 10:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: How much time should I give her at the 1/4 for a bet? (track tomorrow!)

Originally posted by SkylineGTR

sorry brian, but im gonna have to disagree, my friend had a grand prix GT for a while, newer one, and well, im not a 4th gen, but considering 4th and 5th gens of same transmission run similar times, im saying that the maxima should win. Auto 4th or 5th gen should beat a grand prix gt, unless the auto 5th gen has better high end or something. Anyway my friend had one a while back, and from a dead stop, he ALWAYS, no excuses on my part, took the launch by a good 1.5 carlengths, and it would stay even like that until roughly 50-60mph, thats when i would slowly start to gain, and by 75-80 i was passsing him. we ran several times, 3 times from a stop, same result each time, and a 4 or 5 times from a roll, mind u the roll ons were from over 40mph, so i pulled easily. This was before i had any mods at all, and my 5th gen is an SE with all options, except TCS, so my car is by no means a featherweight compared to the Grand Prix GT. Base 5th gen GLE weighs in over 3300, and i have more options than base GLE
don't agree, I was dead even with my friend's buick regal from a stop & started to pull around 50mph~ when he shifted into 2nd I gained half a car then walked away very slowly. He got a 96 regal gs with 205hp
Old 08-04-2002, 10:53 PM
SLOW

yes i do...i have seen and know personally a lot of women that run at that track. A few of which will blow the doors off a lot of cars around.

Obviously you aren't THAT observant or else you would have seen this:

Thats a civic, not a dragster. Kubo.

There are plenty of good female drivers out there (Shirly Muldowney 4 second top fuel driver, Angelle Savior 7 second pro-stock bike driver, Sarah Fisher, IRL driver, etc), that was not my point. My girlfriend drives a 12.2 second F-150 Lightning. My point was that if the girl thinks her Grand Prix GT is fast, she obviously has no clue and most likely can't drive. Especially since she's never even been to the track.
I was talking about Grand Prix GTs, not female drivers. Try reading the posts before making a fool of yourself again.

BTW Brian's brother drives a GP GT, he's well aware of what they are capable of.

A good friend of mine drives a bolt on GT which has run 14.8, putting 190 hp and 230 tq to the wheels. They CAN be decently quick. But in the hands of a novice track driver, they should put up no fight to a 5spd maxima that is driven with any modicum of skill.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:32 PM

what if she fires u? lol. i almost got a grand prix, but their junk when compared 2 the maxes. and btw, what a cool boss, races her car, and has 2 12's?
Old 08-05-2002, 03:33 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: How much time should I give her at the 1/4 for a bet? (track tomorrow

you can disagree, but you can't disagree with the fact that I observed what I observed. Now when I ran the GP GT against Chi99Limited's I/Y/E 99 SE-L auto, what you "experienced" with your auto 5th gen (passing at 75-80mph) is EXACTLY what happened, and I HIGHLY doubt your stock auto 5th gen can keep up with a bolt-on 4th gen.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:06 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

I was talking about Grand Prix GTs, not female drivers. Try reading the posts before making a fool of yourself again.

With some stupid chick driving it who thinks its actually fast im guessing 16.5 @ 87mph for that piece....
drugs r bad mmmmmkay
Old 08-05-2002, 08:39 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Maybe she'll trade her Grand Prix GT in for a 2k2 Max

then you'll have a fairer race.
Did she lose gracefully, or was she all ****ed at you?
Old 08-05-2002, 09:58 AM

She was a kinda mad but more disappointed that her car wasn't as fast as she thought. And no she won't fire me since I make her too much money . I left my slip at home but I'll post the details when I get it, I forgot my 60' & trap. And yes I am a 5 speed w/y-pipe.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:47 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How much time should I give her at the 1/4 for a bet? (track tomorrow

Originally posted by BriGuyMax

you can disagree, but you can't disagree with the fact that I observed what I observed. Now when I ran the GP GT against Chi99Limited's I/Y/E 99 SE-L auto, what you "experienced" with your auto 5th gen (passing at 75-80mph) is EXACTLY what happened, and I HIGHLY doubt your stock auto 5th gen can keep up with a bolt-on 4th gen.
I'm not disputing what u saw. I'm just disagreeing with when u said that a stock auto maxima cant beat a stock grand prix gt. I believe what u saw happened, and im just stating what happened when i raced my friend. He's not the best driver when it comes to drag racing, and i dont know grand prix GTs that well, or whats required to make them go fast, my friend brake torqued and once it went green mashed the pedal, and we both went and my "story" is exactly what happened everytime. If GPGT was like my 5th gen, then it would have required shifting at redline to actually make it go faster, and if thats what it needed, then that would explain why i won, otherwise im just saying from what ive seen, an auto maxima CAN take a grandprix GT, not all the time, but close enough not to call. Ive learned not to race them from a dead stop unless theres enough road to hit upper speeds, cuz if the race was up to 50 then there isnt enough time to catch up.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How much time should I give her at the 1/4 for a bet? (track

I'm not disputing what u saw. I'm just disagreeing with when u said that a stock auto maxima cant beat a stock grand prix gt. I believe what u saw happened, and im just stating what happened when i raced my friend. He's not the best driver when it comes to drag racing, and i dont know grand prix GTs that well, or whats required to make them go fast, my friend brake torqued and once it went green mashed the pedal, and we both went and my "story" is exactly what happened everytime. If GPGT was like my 5th gen, then it would have required shifting at redline to actually make it go faster, and if thats what it needed, then that would explain why i won, otherwise im just saying from what ive seen, an auto maxima CAN take a grandprix GT, not all the time, but close enough not to call. Ive learned not to race them from a dead stop unless theres enough road to hit upper speeds, cuz if the race was up to 50 then there isnt enough time to catch up.

edit: "YOUR" auto max can take your buddies GP GT.

It's not right to make a blanket statement from ONE experience.

My brother and I have run MULTIPLE 4th gen auto maximas in the GP....and the outcome has been the same every time.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:15 AM

one experience but i still believe that the race could go either way.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:05 PM
SLOW

drugs r bad mmmmmkay [/B][/QUOTE]

What in the world are you babbling about now. You're as bad as 95emeraldgxe, posting repeatedly without thinking.