General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima vid

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 01:39 PM

Maxima vid

Here is a vid that is kinda old but I figure some would like to see http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/silverbullet/donvideo.mpg
Old 08-03-2002, 02:18 PM

thanks - lol his car is so fast that he made the other one look like it was going in reverse
Old 08-03-2002, 02:21 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Maxima vid

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
Here is a vid that is kinda old but I figure some would like to see http://www.5thgenmaximas.com/silverbullet/donvideo.mpg
see i'm still a non believer in that video. you can see don slightly move (1.5 second mark on video)(guy in background says he redlights it) as the video moves to the 13/14 second mark don still has yet to pass through the end unless the clock really isn't the finish at this particular track but then why wouldn't the cameraman get don's time and trap on vid? just doesn't jive to me
Old 08-03-2002, 05:26 PM
ivelweyz

Re: Re: Maxima vid

Originally posted by Chris91SE

see i'm still a non believer in that video. you can see don slightly move (1.5 second mark on video)(guy in background says he redlights it) as the video moves to the 13/14 second mark don still has yet to pass through the end unless the clock really isn't the finish at this particular track but then why wouldn't the cameraman get don's time and trap on vid? just doesn't jive to me
Because it's probably a ****ing scam...

Oh and I think he says" He redlined it", about the losing car...

Old 08-03-2002, 06:48 PM

ON that run I believe it was a sub 13. Also HRP doesn't show the ET/trap during test N tune nite. The only time that ET/trap are displayed is during bracket racing and trophy nite.

Old 08-03-2002, 11:04 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

it looks fast though on my 'eye dyno'
Old 08-04-2002, 05:14 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Re: Re: Maxima vid

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
ON that run I believe it was a sub 13. Also HRP doesn't show the ET/trap during test N tune nite. The only time that ET/trap are displayed is during bracket racing and trophy nite.

OK when that video was posted he posted it along with the whole 12.2 thing and we were left assuming that was THE run. I don't doubt he ran a 12.2 but it's obvious that isn't the video of it...
Old 08-10-2002, 07:13 AM
VQ Wizard

Don't know what you guys are looking at but at the 14 sec mark on the clock I clearly see that he has met or past the endpoint of the track. If you consider he's moving at about 1.5 seconds then subtract that from 14 and you get 12.5. I honestly believe that Don did what he said, especially now after seeing this video.
And so what if the camera man screws up? Have you people ever had someone videotape a run of yours? I bet not. Why don't you try that sometime and see just how bad your cameraman screws up your videos. The point is that this guy apparently wasn't very good at filming just like most people. And I bet Don wasn't anymore happy about it than the rest of us. But thats what he did and thats all he can show for it and I believe it. The proof is in the pudding, watch it more closely.