General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Bad day for My Max

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 06:46 PM

Bad day for My Max

I wanted to get these convex mirrors off my side view mirror so I sprayed some Anti-Adhesive on them. I slowly pull them off and I guess I pulled too hard or something cause it shattered my mirror. the other side came off just fine. Anyone know where I can get just the mirror for the driver side side view mirror?

Thats not it. I decided that I want to take the hamburger off the back of the car... I sprayed some anti-adhesive on the hamburger and waited about30 minutes. I came back and pulled it off. There was still alot of sticky stuff left so I wrapped my flathead up in a t-shirt and started to scrape the sticky stuff off... The flat head ripped my t-shirt and now I have a scratch where my hamberger was.

I then threw the anti-adhesive away...

Oh, I got the metal floor mats.. the front ones are okay but I had to bend them to get them in and the rear mats... they just rectagles. I thought that was extreamly lame. They could have at least used the stock mats as a stencil to cut the metal. Well, Just wanted to vent cause it hasnt been a good day for my car. I should give it a nice wash later.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:17 PM

Re: Bad day for My Max

Originally posted by darksands
I wanted to get these convex mirrors off my side view mirror so I sprayed some Anti-Adhesive on them. I slowly pull them off and I guess I pulled too hard or something cause it shattered my mirror. the other side came off just fine. Anyone know where I can get just the mirror for the driver side side view mirror?

Thats not it. I decided that I want to take the hamburger off the back of the car... I sprayed some anti-adhesive on the hamburger and waited about30 minutes. I came back and pulled it off. There was still alot of sticky stuff left so I wrapped my flathead up in a t-shirt and started to scrape the sticky stuff off... The flat head ripped my t-shirt and now I have a scratch where my hamberger was.

I then threw the anti-adhesive away...

Oh, I got the metal floor mats.. the front ones are okay but I had to bend them to get them in and the rear mats... they just rectagles. I thought that was extreamly lame. They could have at least used the stock mats as a stencil to cut the metal. Well, Just wanted to vent cause it hasnt been a good day for my car. I should give it a nice wash later.
Whats the "Hamburger"?
Old 08-13-2002, 07:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Bad day for My Max

Originally posted by maximadriven

Whats the "Hamburger"?
the Nissan Emblem in the back with a hamburger shape...
Old 08-13-2002, 07:45 PM

Re: Re: Re: Bad day for My Max

Originally posted by Terry28

the Nissan Emblem in the back with a hamburger shape...
Well now I know not to use anti-adhesive to remove my mirrors or "hamburger" emblem....
Old 08-13-2002, 08:11 PM

Hair Dryer, dental floss and goo gone worked for me!!!
Old 08-13-2002, 08:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Cutlr7
Hair Dryer, dental floss and goo gone worked for me!!!
I used a heat gun, fishing string and rubbing alcohol... but same concept.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:30 PM

same for me but i just used a hair drier dental floss and then soap and water and washed it off during a car wash
Old 08-13-2002, 09:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Ouch...now you know never to use any metal object on your paint surface! That is VERY dangerous!

Rather than using force to get the sticky stuff off, just use some citrus oil (like Goo Gone) and it will dissolve right off, without harming your paint. While it might take off some built up wax, you can just add some in the areas that need it.

Oh and sorry about your side mirror
Old 08-14-2002, 09:01 AM

Re: Bad day for My Max

Originally posted by darksands

I'm sure they are rectangles so they will fit in more than just the Maxima.....

Man that's a big sig.