General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

fell in luv with the max all over...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 05:31 AM
Jedi Knight

fell in luv with the max all over...

so yesterday...I go and change my tie rod ends...first let me say...the old ones where sooooo gone. At first I couldn't get the retaining nut behind to move....out comes the propane torch....heated that bad boy up....and wholla...we've got movement....the swaps...on both sides took me about a half hour...oh...borrowed a tie-rod end puller from auto store...the ride and steering of the max has greatly improved!...wow is all I can say...before it always felt that the car was heavier in turns...now it almost floats...(kinda scares me a little, used to it being a little firmer). I know I need to get an alignment, so that'll probably get done next week, today I'ma tackle that power steering hose (finally.

quick question...it seems like if I hit a bump or something, the right side of the car makes a sound like when the axle boots were gone...I'm thinking I need new shocks or something...

thanx for reading