General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I might try jetchip.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2000, 02:45 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

This is the response I got back from them....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Wheel HP all our figures are based on a chassis dyno. Make sure you test on
a loaded chassis dyno (this is not a dynojet which is not a true dyno, its a
accelerometer)

We offer a 30 day money back and a lifetime warranty.

thank you

Dan
JET
Old 09-06-2000, 03:10 PM

Cool, let us know

I've heard bad things but have no personal experience with em. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 09-06-2000, 03:17 PM

They can't chip it........

Believe me you will be wasting your money. Besides JWT doesn't even have an ECU upgrade for the 97+ maxima's and they are the best for that this side of the pacific. Another choice is to get the PROgram by the racers group or a custom ECU from Under Pressure Research & Developement (UPRD). Either way it invovles you driving your car to there places.
Old 09-06-2000, 03:27 PM

Re: They can't chip it........

I'm going to try http://www.autothority.com first. If not, I'll try other options.

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
Believe me you will be wasting your money. Besides JWT doesn't even have an ECU upgrade for the 97+ maxima's and they are the best for that this side of the pacific. Another choice is to get the PROgram by the racers group or a custom ECU from Under Pressure Research & Developement (UPRD). Either way it invovles you driving your car to there places.
Old 09-06-2000, 03:46 PM
The missing moderator

Re: Re: They can't chip it........

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
I'm going to try http://www.autothority.com first. If not, I'll try other options.

Originally posted by Nismo87SE
Why not going with something that's proven? I mean I can understand if you want to test things out... but really, I know the program seems costly, but coinsidering that it can be re-programmed with easy, I'd just do that...

-Shing
Old 09-06-2000, 06:23 PM

Here's my reason........

Well, the program is very expensive and I don't think they have a dealer in the East Coast. Autothority chip will probably cost around $325. Don't quote me on that. That's how much their chip usually run. If I get the SC or NOS, they can just do a custom chip for $325 again. I could just sell the old one back to them or to someone else. With autothority, everyone else can benefit from it. Someone in the West Coast with the same mods can use the same program/chip. I'm not expecting too much. Don't want to get my hopes up. I don't know if there is much to gain from the ECU. I'm about done with the Maxima. After this quest for the ECU, I'm pretty much have most of the bolt ons. I would try port/polish heads, but the labor along will not make it worthwhile. Unless I can actually pull the heads myself, which is probably not feasible. I would do SC before even trying the port/polish heads.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Why not going with something that's proven? I mean I can understand if you want to test things out... but really, I know the program seems costly, but coinsidering that it can be re-programmed with easy, I'd just do that...

-Shing [/I][/QUOTE]