General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

max almost became a hugh useless paper weight

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 05:12 AM
Jedi Knight

max almost became a hugh useless paper weight

so yesterday I'm returning home from visiting one of my 'ol heads around 8:30pm and waiting at a light, I notice that the temp gauge just passed H (hot) I'm like what the F!...see smoke pouring out from under the hood...shut the car off instantly! I'm in the middle lane of a somewhat busy road...got the flashers on got out and looking under the hood...I can hear a leak but can't find it...finally as the bastard cools down...I see that one of the hoses that passes coolant to the engine (right by the distributor cap) had busted near the clamp, so thus no anti-freeze. I'm like F...just pulled the tools outta my car last night...Cop gets there helps me hold off traffic, while he proceeds to watch me push my max up the slightly inclined road into a side street (girlfriend was steering) after parking, I'm scrounging for a screw driver but can't find one...then wholla, the nissan jack/center cap puller thing, has a screw driver like end...so I use that to remove and fix the hose temporarily, then fill the car with H20, gonna replace it later today...

that is my story...thanx for reading...oh and the cop says to me start the car and drive it over there...I'm like...um...will you buy me a new engine...cause its running really hot!...that is why I pushed.
Old 08-15-2002, 08:15 AM
!OG SNES OG!

Re: max almost became a hugh useless paper weight

Originally posted by nupe500
so yesterday I'm returning home from visiting one of my 'ol heads around 8:30pm and waiting at a light, I notice that the temp gauge one...

then wholla, the nissan jack/center cap puller thing, has a screw driver like end...
'ol heads? never heard that one before.

wholla? do you mean voila? just the french-speaking ability wondering... lol

Good thing you figured it out! I gotta take some mechanics courses...
Old 08-15-2002, 11:09 AM
Jedi Knight

Re: Re: max almost became a hugh useless paper weight

Originally posted by Blaxxxima

'ol heads? never heard that one before.

wholla? do you mean voila? just the french-speaking ability wondering... lol

Good thing you figured it out! I gotta take some mechanics courses...
'ol heads refers to some of my older friends...get it? I guess i meant voila....whateva'