General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How hot do brake rotor hubs get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002, 12:50 AM

How hot do brake rotor hubs get?

Im talking about this part where the green arrow is pointed in the pic.

I painted the rusted part of the rotors to silver using paint called Dupli-Color high performance Wheel Coating which is used to paint wheels with. I am now wondering if this paint can handle the heat or not? I figured it can but I just want to make shure. The can doesnt say how hot it can handle, it just says it resists brake dust, chipping, solvents, and heat
Old 08-18-2002, 01:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Re: How hot do brake rotor hubs get?

Originally posted by Nismo
Im talking about this part where the green arrow is pointed in the pic.

I painted the rusted part of the rotors to silver using paint called Dupli-Color high performance Wheel Coating which is used to paint wheels with. I am now wondering if this paint can handle the heat or not? I figured it can but I just want to make shure. The can doesnt say how hot it can handle, it just says it resists brake dust, chipping, solvents, and heat
I'm guessing it will handle it or should without much problem, I used regular Metallic blue paint on my valve cover and I havent had any problems with it... my hubs are also painted and the paint is doing finr 8 monthes or so later
Old 08-18-2002, 01:09 AM

Re: Re: How hot do brake rotor hubs get?

Originally posted by carnal_c30

I'm guessing it will handle it or should without much problem, I used regular Metallic blue paint on my valve cover and I havent had any problems with it... my hubs are also painted and the paint is doing finr 8 monthes or so later
So you painted the same part I did with the same blue paint from your valve cover? That paint isnt high temp paint right? thanks for the info
Old 08-18-2002, 01:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Re: Re: Re: How hot do brake rotor hubs get?

Originally posted by Nismo

So you painted the same part I did with the same blue paint from your valve cover? That paint isnt high temp paint right? thanks for the info
yeaup I painted the hub black and the valve cover blue no problems so far.. the rust on the hub ****ed me off so I painted the whole damn thing... the painted hasnt given me any issues so far its not hi temp either I dont believe