General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

I was jacked!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 10:24 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

I was jacked!!!!!

Someone broke into my car last night, right in front of my apartment! They stole my Apexi RSM, ripped my dash to shred's but couldn't get the stereo out, stole my 4-channel amp, ripped my gauge pod with my gauges right off, stole my AEM FPR, my Walborro fuel pump out of the trunk, all my CD's, and they even stole my freaking $15 OIL CAP!!! AHHHH!!!! They broke out the passenger side window to get in, and ripped the window frame to $hit, ripped up a bunch of the interior. I think they left finger prints on the passenger side of the car, but the police said they can't do anything with those, because even if they catch the person, they can just say they were walking by and fell against the car. Let me catch em!!!! I begged the cop to give me a call if they found anyone, and just give me their address.... My poor car... Insurance said they will cover anything that was installed in the car, but things like CD's, tools, etc will not be covered. I thought I lived in a safe neiborhood too...
Old 08-21-2002, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Old 08-21-2002, 10:27 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about that, especially since you just had the RSM put in. I'm fortunate enough to be able to use the garage at night, but I still put my alarm on even in the garage just to be on the safe side.

Do you have an aftermarket alarm or anything like that?

-Nick
Old 08-21-2002, 10:28 AM

Old 08-21-2002, 10:29 AM
I'm needing a caw

Sucks! Let me know if you need help! It's pretty clear it's just some idiot kids. They probably won't even know how to hook up the Apexi anyway! Idiots! Sorry man.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:36 AM

Dam. Sorry about your car man. Did you have an aftermarket alarm? As a victim of theft myself, I KNOW how you feel. It's hard, but just count your losses and take some comfort in the fact that your insurance is going to cover some of your $hit. I wasn't that lucky. Get an aftermarket alarm, if you don't have one, although not fullproof, helps for peace of mind and could help prevent a lot of "would be thefts". From all the stories I've heard about thefts and being a victim myself, it would seem that MOST car theives tend to be amateurs.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:37 AM

that sucks, no alarm??
Old 08-21-2002, 10:37 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

I bought an alarm, but I haven't figured out how to install it yet I'm a great mechanic, sucky electrician. I figure it was local kids, good luck ever figuring out who though. Alarm is the first thing going in when I get my car back from getting fixed...
Old 08-21-2002, 10:38 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

sorry to hear you got jacked. thats f---ed up. what about insurance?
Old 08-21-2002, 10:50 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Insurance SAYS they will cover everything that was bolted into the car, but the things like CD's and tools they will not cover. I had about 40 cd's in the car, so thats a bit of $$$ I also have bought a lot of my parts from other .org members, and some off of ebay, and I don't know if they will ask for reciepts or not for replacing the RSM, gauges, amp, etc...

Originally posted by Chebosto

sorry to hear you got jacked. thats f---ed up. what about insurance?
Old 08-21-2002, 10:52 AM

I feel your pain. My car was jacked a month ago, and the crooks got in the same way, by breaking the right passenger window and the window run. I was pretty lucky they didn't mess much with wires, but they took the stereo along with the damn brackets and founf a remote control in the console. And my insurance is a oain to deal with, they won't pay for the value of new H/U since my car is 2 yrs old.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:02 AM

Sorry to hear about your car, that's just sick. Is your apartment complex gated and/or security guarded? I would look into possible liability issues, they have homeowners' insurance policy to cover that.
On a lighter note, here is my three step security for my Max:

1. Park it in attached garage. Leave unlocked if you desire.
2. Leave the door from the garage to the house open.
3. Keep the big german shepherd hungry during the night.

Old 08-21-2002, 11:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear it mtrai I hope you catch the guys and they are punished to your liking.
-Cyrus
Old 08-21-2002, 11:10 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

HOME/RENTERS insurance????

Do you have home or renter's insurance...
IF you do summit a claim...they should pay for all
the things that were stolen...

Everyone should have home/renters insurance....
Old 08-21-2002, 11:20 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Ive only had the head unit in my car since december, it was a birthday present from my fiace They better pay for that! I don't have renters insurance unfortunatly. We only have covered parking spaces in my complex, I think the garage is like $100 a month. I'm going to post signs on all my neigbors doors with a reward for any information leading to their arrest/capture, I mean, someone had to see something!
Old 08-21-2002, 11:27 AM

Re: I was jacked!!!!!

Originally posted by mtrai760
[Bmy Walborro fuel pump out of the trunk[/B]
?? How did they know to steal that? Could it be somebody you know? A fuel pump isn't something you go around stealing. Or wasn't it installed yet?
Old 08-21-2002, 11:30 AM

That's terrible! The lack of respect people have for others' possessions is disgusting. I feel awful for you.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:31 AM

m e a n i e s..
p o o p....
Old 08-21-2002, 11:35 AM

that sucks so much! I'm really sorry! I pay out the rear end for an apartment with a locking garage for partially this reason.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:56 AM
dko
duck and cover

that's ****in awful. i'm gonna make sure that my homeowners insurance covers that. i frequently haul my dj gear (2xcdj100, djm300, custom pioneer coffin case, about $1200 in all) in the trunk along with lots of computer equipment and about 500 CD's. it'd suck real bad if someone jacked my car on the wrong day. anyone know if that stuff is covered or does it depend on the insurance?
Old 08-21-2002, 11:57 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Re: Re: I was jacked!!!!!

It wasn't installed, it was deffective. I was waiting to send it back and get another one under warranty, oh well...

Originally posted by breaux124

?? How did they know to steal that? Could it be somebody you know? A fuel pump isn't something you go around stealing. Or wasn't it installed yet?
Old 08-21-2002, 12:00 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

I would do that, but my fiance owns a 97 audi A4, so who's car get's the garage?

Originally posted by Lime
that sucks so much! I'm really sorry! I pay out the rear end for an apartment with a locking garage for partially this reason.
Old 08-21-2002, 12:25 PM

I would do that, but my fiance owns a 97 audi A4, so who's car get's the garage?

yours if it has mods.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:07 PM

Jesus man, my heart breaks for you. So they got the AFC too???

And I really did mean that if it takes you a few months to buy me a new Dremel, then no big deal. I have no current use for it anyway, except for polishing, but a little elbow grease can do that anyway.

IanS
Old 08-21-2002, 01:16 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Thanks man...

Originally posted by iansw
Jesus man, my heart breaks for you. So they got the AFC too???

And I really did mean that if it takes you a few months to buy me a new Dremel, then no big deal. I have no current use for it anyway, except for polishing, but a little elbow grease can do that anyway.

IanS
Old 08-21-2002, 01:19 PM

I'm truly sorry to hear that someone ripped you off. You know the messed up thing is we put alot of work into our cars and then some fool comes along and jack you, it's just so unfair. I hope the police catch him or them and they get what they deserve!!!!!!!

Sorry
Old 08-21-2002, 01:51 PM

Wow, sorry to hear that.

Make me nervous. I think I better get an alarm just in case. My neighborhood seem to be pretty safe too, but you never know.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:57 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

was anything else visible besides the afc
Old 08-21-2002, 01:59 PM

Someone broke into my car last night, right in front of my apartment! They stole my Apexi RSM, ripped my dash to shred's but couldn't get the stereo out, stole my 4-channel amp, ripped my gauge pod with my gauges right off, stole my AEM FPR, my Walborro fuel pump out of the trunk, all my CD's, and they even stole my freaking $15 OIL CAP!!! AHHHH!!!! They broke out the passenger side window to get in, and ripped the window frame to $hit, ripped up a bunch of the interior. I think they left finger prints on the passenger side of the car, but the police said they can't do anything with those, because even if they catch the person, they can just say they were walking by and fell against the car. Let me catch em!!!! I begged the cop to give me a call if they found anyone, and just give me their address.... My poor car... Insurance said they will cover anything that was installed in the car, but things like CD's, tools, etc will not be covered. I thought I lived in a safe neiborhood too...
Sorry to hear that man. Yeah, hopefully your homeowner's covers that other stuff but you still have a deductible. Where do you live? I feel the same about where I live, but one never knows. I live in a Philly suburb where if you have the $$ which you are supposed to, obviously you're gonna lojack anyway and alarm the home. but people think if it's safe enough for Kobe Bryant while he was in HS then (don't like him much) fake alarm stickers are good enough......
Old 08-21-2002, 02:03 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Same here..

Ive only had the head unit in my car since december, it was a birthday present from my fiace They better pay for that! I don't have renters insurance unfortunatly. We only have covered parking spaces in my complex, I think the garage is like $100 a month. I'm going to post signs on all my neigbors doors with a reward for any information leading to their arrest/capture, I mean, someone had to see something!
Sorry to hear about your incident...
I decided to pay an extra $75 on top of my monthly rent to put a roof over the Max when I had her restored from the accident. Sometimes it's just worthwhile so you can go to sleep in peace every nite and not worry about the car.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:04 PM

That sucks bro. I am very sorry to hear that.

I only hope that you find out who did and make sure they get what they deserve.

Thought they broke in, its good that insurance iss covering majority of the stuff. I usually keep as little as possible in my car. Even CDs.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:20 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Well from now on I'm keeping NOTHING in my car. Let's see, about 40 CD's x at least $12... The insurance is only going to cover things installed in the vehicle, not anything loose. I'm putting up reward signs on all my neighbors doors to see if I can get any info... My car is only about 25 ft. from my bedroom, and I didn't hear a thing last night...

Originally posted by Synki
That sucks bro. I am very sorry to hear that.

I only hope that you find out who did and make sure they get what they deserve.

Thought they broke in, its good that insurance iss covering majority of the stuff. I usually keep as little as possible in my car. Even CDs.
Old 08-21-2002, 02:48 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I leanred my lesson in a POS car. I left a scratch off lotto ticket turned upside down in the cup holder.

Never give them a reason to want to get in the car. Don't have anything laying around at all
Old 08-21-2002, 02:55 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Nick, it's kinda hard with gauges and stuff to hide them. If thieves can't see them, I can't either, then what's the point of even having them? I am thinking about making a plug in unit under my head unit that will hold gauges though, with a quick release... hmm... The RSM also has a plug on it, so I could unplug both when I leave the car...

Originally posted by NickStam
I leanred my lesson in a POS car. I left a scratch off lotto ticket turned upside down in the cup holder.

Never give them a reason to want to get in the car. Don't have anything laying around at all
Old 08-21-2002, 04:03 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Thieves
Old 08-21-2002, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Thieves
man i still gotta apply for paring in my apartment.. shoot...
Old 08-21-2002, 08:16 PM

find them, beat them, and run them over with your car.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:36 PM

pics
Old 08-21-2002, 09:37 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Sucks...sorry for your misfortune. Every car I ever owned got broken into, including the max. I lost bunch of things. Sunglasses, CDs, amps, speakers, interconnect wires, headunits and a 9mm.
Old 08-21-2002, 11:19 PM

Well all I have to say is that sucks. I hope you find out you did that and make them suffer for it if you know what I mean. Talk to you later man. Also when you coming down here to La if you are coming down here again?

Chris

Quick Reply: I was jacked!!!!!