General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Mustang GT Owners like the Maxima!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 06:38 PM

Mustang GT Owners like the Maxima!

I was at forums.stangnet.com because my friend has a 2k2 Mustang GT and I was just checking out his site. Look what I came across. To keep this on topic it deals with maximas and mustangs. Most people there don't talk bs but there a few who you can tell are a little jealous/mad because a family sedan is equally or better than their Mustang GT.

I rented a 2k2 Maxima

Then I stopped searching and did some browsing, I came across something pretty sad. I hope none of us do this stuff. Read about it a little if you have time and I liked my quote on page 3. "my v6 makes almost as much as your v8"

the V6 Mustang People against the Mustang V8 People
Old 09-13-2002, 07:29 PM
Master Will

interesting
Old 09-13-2002, 07:39 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: Mustang GT Owners like the Maxima!

I've been a member at stangnet for a while, and oddly enough i've found that the SVT guys give the most respect, and the V6 guys diss maxima's the most. One thread in the SVT forum was about a 2k2 Max that raced a '99 SVT Cobra, and the Max kept almost dead even with it. They all were giving the Maxima props. Then I venture into the v6 forums...and the ***** envy is definatally there
Old 09-13-2002, 07:39 PM

Think we'll win over some domestic owners?? Great thread!!
Old 09-13-2002, 07:45 PM

lol - this is soooo ironic..........hondas(cant win) always say how nissans sucks blah blah blah.........while on the other hand.......the muscle cars give props to the "family sedan" .....the i-club forums also give props to the maxima......notice any patterns?
Old 09-13-2002, 07:48 PM

I didn't bother going into the v6 threads, I will leave that to the sentra se-r's. That's more of an even competition. Haha, they are jealous of our car. That 2nd thread was weird because it was mustang owners against themselves. I have never seen weird stuff like that before. I hope we dont start doing GLE vs. SE vs. GXE because we all know the GLE is the best!

I hope we win over some domestic owners! They will feel totally different driving a car that lasts more than 30K miles..lol

yeah i see a pattern! The people with fast cars are amazed at the maxima and the people with the slow cars (civics) are talking **** about every other company. (this doesnt include everyone but enough people to make a point)
Old 09-13-2002, 08:17 PM

I would love to see their faces if they pulled up next to nigels or Marti gras max!!!
Old 09-13-2002, 08:43 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Don't get me started on the "family hauler GLEs..."

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
I didn't bother going into the v6 threads, I will leave that to the sentra se-r's. That's more of an even competition. Haha, they are jealous of our car. That 2nd thread was weird because it was mustang owners against themselves. I have never seen weird stuff like that before. I hope we dont start doing GLE vs. SE vs. GXE because we all know the GLE is the best!
We ALL know that the SE is the only version out there worth getting, much less talking about. We too can get cushy leather, sunroofs, and upgraded bits to please the yuppies in us, but then, we get the pre-tuned suspension, nicer rims, etc...

Hahha... no flame wars please! It was a joke! I'm a lover of all Maxis. I do have much respect for non-ricers too. I'm not a fan of older American muscle, but I do respect that the guys who I know who own "muscle cars" do put lots of work into them. As such, it's thumbs up on your nice ride.

And I guess I say thumbs up to ricers too, because they're doing what makes them happy (in their own misguided way... lol)

Mike
Old 09-13-2002, 09:20 PM
Sports Button FTW

i felt so warm inside when they threw all those compliments at us and i bet someone is taking some of our threads to make a point.

The only messed up thing is taht i have yet to see a thread on this forum about us respecting Mustangs...all i hear is that they are slow and that they are easy....

Mustangs...dam, in a way i feel bad owning a nissan...mustang is an american car and we are here beating them (V6's atleast) and does this show inferiority between america and japan?
Old 09-13-2002, 10:57 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

i loved reading that thread. now that the camaro is gone the mustang boys still got to watch their backs.
Old 09-13-2002, 11:16 PM

That was some very good reading. I almost felt sorry for that badazzblue guy, damn they were completely reaming him!! He was kind of talking out of his a$$ though. I have the uttermost respect for american muscle but like that one guy said the pushrod has seen the end of its days, it is time the american companies go to an overhead cam design, look at the '94-+ cobras, they are overhead cam and from working at a ford service center and driving them they are so much more fun to drive than the old pushrod V8.
Old 09-14-2002, 06:42 AM

what do the v6 mustangs do 1/4 can I take one?
Old 09-14-2002, 06:56 AM

Originally posted by Nore474
what do the v6 mustangs do 1/4 can I take one?
I don't think you should have a problem especially in the 1/4, our top end eats those things alive auto or not. I raced an auto V6 at an 1/8 track I don't go to anymore and beat his 10.6 with a 9.8. I guess a 5spd would run somewhere around 10.4 and mid to low 16's in the 1/4.
Old 09-14-2002, 07:56 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by KINGMAX
That was some very good reading. I almost felt sorry for that badazzblue guy, damn they were completely reaming him!! He was kind of talking out of his a$$ though. I have the uttermost respect for american muscle but like that one guy said the pushrod has seen the end of its days, it is time the american companies go to an overhead cam design, look at the '94-+ cobras, they are overhead cam and from working at a ford service center and driving them they are so much more fun to drive than the old pushrod V8.

Yeah, I also like the way that guy talks about his mustang is so much better because it makes girls moist when they see it, and everyone looks at it, lol. Ok, first off, I want him to introduce me to these girls, cuz I have in my 21 years, yet to meet a girl who gets moist looking at a car. And also, last I checked, a mustang isn't anything too special as far as styling goes... his looks like all the other mustangs out there.

As far as respect, I do give respect to the V8 muscle cars, mustangs included. There are some VERY fast stangs out there, but there are also some VERY fast imports out there. I give credit where credit is due. I've owned a 95 mustang, 5spd. Even though I respect the mustang for what it is, it still doesn't change the fact that I want to turn my grocery getter into a stang duster... mainly cuz my cousin's b-friend thinks his stock 98GT is the baddest car on the road. But yeah, there are fast domestics and fast imports... if you car is not fast enough to beat the guy who wants to race in the next lane, well, make it faster.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:09 AM
Project Ruby......

Ford best get on the ball. That Maxima comes stock with almost the same power out of a v6 that we get out of an 8 cyl. The size of the car, the fit, finish, quality of the amenities. Better tranny, ac and everything else cost only $1,500 more than a premium stang. If Nissan made our 4.6 it would have somewhere close to 400 ponies. - By Hitman
He's seems pretty jealous. But he does have a point about if Nissan made the 4.6L V8 for Ford it would probably be pushing close to 400HP all motor

(I KNOW those Japanese cars sound nothing but terrible, no matter how much horsepower they make) - Badazzblue
Now that it not totally true. Civics sound horrible. But a lot of the Maximas on here that I've heard with Y-pipe, Greddy exhaust and such, they sound like V8s!! That guy is just jealous.

It's great to see Mustang owners giving respect to the Maximas!
Old 09-15-2002, 02:23 PM

That's kinda amazing they gave the Max props. Most of the Mustang owners (even V6 Mustang owners ) I've spoken to seem to think their cars are the baddest things on the road and that non-American cars "suck" (yeah, whatever!). Camaro/Firebird owners seem to be a lot more modest.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:04 PM

Re: Mustang GT Owners like the Maxima!

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
I was at forums.stangnet.com because my friend has a 2k2 Mustang GT and I was just checking out his site. Look what I came across. To keep this on topic it deals with maximas and mustangs. Most people there don't talk bs but there a few who you can tell are a little jealous/mad because a family sedan is equally or better than their Mustang GT.

I rented a 2k2 Maxima

Then I stopped searching and did some browsing, I came across something pretty sad. I hope none of us do this stuff. Read about it a little if you have time and I liked my quote on page 3. "my v6 makes almost as much as your v8"

the V6 Mustang People against the Mustang V8 People

Man, that's awesome to hear Mustang owners giving Maxima it's do!!!!!It's well deserved.....A small step for Maxima and giant step Max owner!!!