General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Fastest Maxima of any generation

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2000, 11:52 AM

I'm not writing this to start a flame war. I'm just curious as to who owns the fastest maxima hands down. Nitrous, supercharged, turbo, all motor a little of each, whatever. The fastest i have seen so far was a 12.8

Lemme know what mods you used to get the times you got.

Thanks guys.

Old 12-19-2000, 11:56 AM
I'm needing a caw

What's the fasted camry so far??

Originally posted by gLok
I'm not writing this to start a flame war. I'm just curious as to who owns the fastest maxima hands down. Nitrous, supercharged, turbo, all motor a little of each, whatever. The fastest i have seen so far was a 12.8

Thanks guys.

Old 12-19-2000, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Who knows. I would say the fastest one is Tiem but how could we know? I'm sure there are guys out there with more work that dont own computers hence they arent online. I know there are a couple intercooled turbo 4 bangers out there that are pretty quick. Since there are more guys modding maximas i figured i'd see what they were doing to get an idea of what i should do.

As for me, i was gonna go with the supercharger first but my plans might be changing. I might go with a progressive nitrous setup with built bottom end (pistons and rods),built tranny and then do the supercharger with a smaller shot to cool it down. For less money than the charger i should be in 12s since i would be doing all of the work myself. I dont really care if people think nitrous is cheating either, thats straight bull!
Old 12-19-2000, 12:43 PM

The fastest I have heard of is an unconfirmed rumor.. I think it was low 12's.. (NOS + SC I think, but not sure?).. This was a while back. Not sure if anybody here really remembers it.

One guy on here claimed high 12's (12.8?).. But everybody here flamed him so he left me thinks..

Don runs 13.2's and probably has potential for lower. I think he has 125 shot of nos? not sure about the details..

I've heard of some of the SC people running in the 13's but I don't know any details about that either.

I was going to consider getting an SC until I decided I would probably be better off just getting a new car instead.

In a year or two I'm going to look into getting something a little quicker (maybe by then I can get my name on the list to get the new M3)

Originally posted by Jeff92se

Thanks guys.

Old 12-19-2000, 01:10 PM

well

gLok its the same for maxima's i'm sure there are guys out there who have fast maxima's but don't get on the internet..

we had this discussion of "the fastest max" a few months back..

fastest 5-spd: phil96se.. (i dunno what he runs ..He wont tell anyone), next is sleeper he ran 13.3 but he's capable of high 12's i believe

fastest auto : Don in texas 13.2, then there's a bunch of S/C auto's that are really close..

Ant
Old 12-19-2000, 01:19 PM

Oh. gLok.. We know you come in pease now No need to warn us in all of your posts =)

BTW: Nice car.

I looked at one like it (5spd, V6) before I got my max.. It took me a while to finally decide on the max. I just liked the way it looks better.

I also looked at a Mazda 626, but that car just sucked bad compared to the Camry and Maxima.

Thanks guys.

Old 12-19-2000, 01:40 PM

I think the fastest out there is a 1st gen turbo. Maximamike has pictures and a link IIRC. I don't remember the 1/4 time, but I think it is under 12.

Old 12-19-2000, 06:19 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I only know 4th gen times. 95-99.

The quickest auto nitrous is Don in Texas. He's running JWT dry nitrous kit ~50 shots. 13.2

The quickest 5-speed I know of was Jamie Farrer. 12.8. Direct port 120shot. He ran lean because of a blown fuel pump fuse and he's not racing the Maxima anymore. He has a red turbo/nitrous Sentra SE-R that does 11s now.

Sleeper has a SC 5-speed that does low 13s.
Steve in Chicago has a SC auto that does 13s.
Steve in Philly had a SC 5-speed that ran low 13s.

As for NA, Jeff's 5-speed ran 14s.

Basically 5-speed SC will run in the range of 13.2-13.5, Auto SC will run in the high 13 to mid 14s.
NA auto will run in the low 15s to mid 15s.
NA 5-speed will run in the high 14s.

Nitrous is too hard to gauge since different set ups will have very different results. Nitrous Maxima usually run faster than SC.

Thanks guys.

Old 12-20-2000, 06:07 AM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
The quickest 5-speed I know of was Jamie Farrer. 12.8. Direct port 120shot. He ran lean because of a blown fuel pump fuse and he's not racing the Maxima anymore. He has a red turbo/nitrous Sentra SE-R that does 11s now.
I saw the guy with the sentras site. It says he has run a low 10 now like almost in 9s! Pretty hott car.
Old 12-20-2000, 06:17 AM

What blows me away are all of those 80's Buick Grand Nationals, that with only a few $$ thousand worth of mods, run in the 8's and 9's!!!

-Tom

I bought my max, because I don't live life 1/4" mile at a time!!! But the first car I test drove when shopping around was the 2k camry v6 (the camry dealer was closest)... It was cool, I would say that I even "liked it", until I went over next door to try out the 2k Maxima... I was blown away. Stock for stock, in my opinion, there is no comparison in terms of Bang for your Buck!!! :-)