General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Turtle Wax Color Cure Wax....really impressed...anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2002, 09:10 PM

Turtle Wax Color Cure Wax....really impressed...anyone else?

I wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else has had the same...

I waxed my super black '95 SE with Turtle Wax Color Cure wax last week (only a couple months after using Meguiar's Wax). I started out very skeptical but ended up very impressed. Tried a small area on the hood just to test it out and ended up doing the whole thing because that spot made the rest of my hood look so bad! It did a great job covering up small swirls.

Anyone else had this kind of luck?

Anyone have any idea if this is a good wax? How long you think it will last?
Old 09-20-2002, 09:54 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

There are waxes that last longer.
Old 09-21-2002, 12:07 AM
syc

my friend tried it on his red mx6, doesn't work
Old 09-21-2002, 01:40 AM
The non-postwhoring Org member

Re: Turtle Wax Color Cure Wax....really impressed...anyone else?

Originally posted by SE Maxima
I wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else has had the same...

I waxed my super black '95 SE with Turtle Wax Color Cure wax last week (only a couple months after using Meguiar's Wax). I started out very skeptical but ended up very impressed. Tried a small area on the hood just to test it out and ended up doing the whole thing because that spot made the rest of my hood look so bad! It did a great job covering up small swirls.

Anyone else had this kind of luck?

Anyone have any idea if this is a good wax? How long you think it will last?
It works very well on very dark colors, and not so great on light colors. I have used it on my Majestic Blue Max and a Black Trans Am, covered swirls and small scratches with the "crayon". On Lighter colors like red, silver, etc it doesn't blend colors very well and ends up looking like you added bad touchup paint to the scratches.
Old 09-21-2002, 03:21 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by NickStam
There are waxes that last longer.
Those waxes are ones such as One Grand Blitz, P21S or S100 Paste Wax, and Souveran.

All of these are in order of decreasing durability (life) and increasing shine & depth.
Old 09-21-2002, 11:23 AM

Color cure is what I use, i recomend to anyone with black. It is simply a polish not a wax, so you must wax over it. Use a carnuba wax, and to really get it to shine put a coat of yellow wax on top of that. Meguires 26 works really good, for a yellow wax.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:09 PM

man your paint looks glossy in that pic..

Originally posted by Flanman007
Color cure is what I use, i recomend to anyone with black. It is simply a polish not a wax, so you must wax over it. Use a carnuba wax, and to really get it to shine put a coat of yellow wax on top of that. Meguires 26 works really good, for a yellow wax.
So you need to wax over it, huh? I'll have to go do that soon then. If I can get my paint looking as glossy as yours I think it will be worth it.

As for the 'crayon' that comes with it, I wasn't really impressed. Used it one time then put it away. The wax itself does a much better job all alone.

I guess it may not be for everyone, but I thought it worked great.
Old 09-22-2002, 03:00 AM

Hey man so what is the names of the product that i have to use on my black max. Just tell me in order. Thanks
Old 09-22-2002, 07:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Man, your car is beautiful in that pic! I am gonna try all of that. Where does everyone get Meguiars products? I went to their website and did a dealer locator and got K-Marts/Wal-Marts/Autozones around me but they have 1 or 2 products. Where does everyone find Meguiars 26, etc? Thanks!
Old 09-22-2002, 10:35 AM

Products I use are:

Turtle Wax Color Cure (throw away the crayon)
Turtle Wax Emerald series (any carnuba based wax will work just as good)
Meguires 26 yellow wax (you can use other glaze/yellow wax product, it gives the car that glass like shine)

I got all these products at walmart. Just do a coat of each, in that order and you'll get a shine you wont beleive.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by WaarrEagle
Man, your car is beautiful in that pic! I am gonna try all of that. Where does everyone get Meguiars products? I went to their website and did a dealer locator and got K-Marts/Wal-Marts/Autozones around me but they have 1 or 2 products. Where does everyone find Meguiars 26, etc? Thanks!
Advanced Autoparts.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:12 PM

Products I use are:

Turtle Wax Color Cure (throw away the crayon)
Turtle Wax Emerald series (any carnuba based wax will work just as good)
Meguires 26 yellow wax (you can use other glaze/yellow wax product, it gives the car that glass like shine)

I got all these products at walmart. Just do a coat of each, in that order and you'll get a shine you wont beleive.
So i dont need the crayon for the color cure and also i went to autozone and they dont carry emerald series anymore but any turtle waz carnuba would work the same? And also for the meguiers 26 they had two kind one was the paste and the other one was the cream..which one.. Thanks
Old 09-22-2002, 04:18 PM

i used the the cream, in the bottle for the meguires 26. As for the wax, there are many to choose from: meguires, mothers, zymol, turtle wax.... any one of those should be good, just make sure its a carnuba wax.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:58 PM

Originally posted by WaarrEagle

most Autozones where i live carry lots of Meguiar's products. i've always been real impressed with their stuff. Target does carry some stuff, but it is usually slim-pickings. if you can't find it anywhere, Meguiar's will send you a catalog you can order from. just be ready to pay top-dollar.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:08 PM
Maxma2k2

I did my whole car in meguiers Scratch X,, It woked great ! Click on the link to see the pic,, It is the second picture

http://www.cardomain.com/id/majblue2k2