General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Little off topic, 2003 Altima Quality Q

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 02:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Little off topic, 2003 Altima Quality Q

Hi,

I know this off topic, but I know from posts some of you have had experiences with the Altima. Does anyone know if the 2003 Altima has finally had its interior upgraded compared to the 2002. Everyone was complainging about it and hoped for an update. I have looked at 2003 specs and not seen anything substantial. Obviously Nissan wouldn't post much info if their interiors are better quality. However has anyone had any experience. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sam
Old 09-22-2002, 03:20 PM

Re: Little off topic, 2003 Altima Quality Q

Originally posted by toucansma
Hi,

I know this off topic, but I know from posts some of you have had experiences with the Altima. Does anyone know if the 2003 Altima has finally had its interior upgraded compared to the 2002. Everyone was complainging about it and hoped for an update. I have looked at 2003 specs and not seen anything substantial. Obviously Nissan wouldn't post much info if their interiors are better quality. However has anyone had any experience. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sam
Not sure why it wouldn't s*** in 2k3 like it did in 2k2. Hope those s**** prop rods aren't a permanent way for Nissan Motors to save money. They pulled that BS on the G35.

Old 09-22-2002, 04:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Little off topic, 2003 Altima Quality Q

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine

Not sure why it wouldn't s*** in 2k3 like it did in 2k2. Hope those s**** prop rods aren't a permanent way for Nissan Motors to save money. They pulled that BS on the G35.

although i'm too lazy to bother searching, i'd love to know how many negative posts you've made about prop rods.

3 words frank...

BIG

DEAL

I mean holy cow, find something better to ***** about! If the worst thing you can find on the g35 is the prop rod, god bless 'em. I for one, would rather have a prop rod on my hood then having the hood try to decapitate me all the time.
Old 09-22-2002, 04:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Little off topic, 2003 Altima Quality Q

Hi,

Not wanting to start a holy war , just looking for info

Sam

DEAL
[/b]

I mean holy cow, find something better to ***** about! If the worst thing you can find on the g35 is the prop rod, god bless 'em. I for one, would rather have a prop rod on my hood then having the hood try to decapitate me all the ti
Old 09-22-2002, 04:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Little off topic, 2003 Altima Quality Q

Originally posted by CKNY

although i'm too lazy to bother searching, i'd love to know how many negative posts you've made about prop rods.

3 words frank...

BIG

DEAL

I mean holy cow, find something better to ***** about! If the worst thing you can find on the g35 is the prop rod, god bless 'em. I for one, would rather have a prop rod on my hood then having the hood try to decapitate me all the time.
Altima is the best! Good way to spend the coyne. Ignore the fact that the A4 1.8 (AWD) costs the same price as a V6 Alty. Turn up the radio at the High School dance! and learn to spell.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:14 PM

Re: Little off topic, 2003 Altima Quality Q

Originally posted by toucansma
Hi,

Sam
The only change to the 2K3 Altima interior was the addition of metal-like trim. The inside of the Altima IMHO still looks like a Neon. Pitiful, that Nissan expects this car to compete with Camry and Accord mainstream buyers........
Old 09-23-2002, 06:00 PM

Re: Re: Little off topic, 2003 Altima Quality Q

Originally posted by JAKE02

The only change to the 2K3 Altima interior was the addition of metal-like trim. The inside of the Altima IMHO still looks like a Neon. Pitiful, that Nissan expects this car to compete with Camry and Accord mainstream buyers........
I just picked up a '03 Altima SE, and the door panels and dash are not the same fit and finish as the Maxima. I just couldn't get the deals on the '02 and '03 Maxima SE's like everyone on this board were talking about (cost of paradise...Hawaii). However, the interior looked a lot better after applying some detailing cream.

You may want to check the Altimas.net forum also for more information.

BTW, I love my wife because I got to get a 5 speed and she'll be driving the '97 Maxima.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:44 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

there's more plastic than i would like in the altima, but at least it's not on surfaces that you frequently touch. they redid the interior with some titanium trim for 2003, and i think it's a great improvement over the 2002's.