General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Roadkill: 2k Max GXE 5-spd VS. riced-out Delsol DOHC VTEC

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2000, 08:52 PM
My 4DSC

Ok...
I'm on my lunch break...on my way back to work from the diner. I'm sitting at a light and this pimped out Delsol DOHC VTEC pulls up next to me. Dunno what mods it had...but i know it had exhaust and intake at least. I know it was actually a DOHC VTEC cuz i heard the VTEC kick in clear as day (LOUD!)...damn those B16A2 kick in hard.

ANYWAY....
I won by about 3 full car lengths from 0-50mph.

Oh yea...i forgot to mention...
it was a GIRL (hottie) driving the Delsol!
so i kinda felt bad...but oh well...she wanted some...she got some.
Girl couldnt drive...just spun like crazy in 1st gear.
I wanted so bad to pull into the bank after her to talk but i had to get back to work...DAMN IT!

Old 12-19-2000, 08:56 PM

heh heh.... hot girls and fast cars... sorta reminds me of "Gone in 60 Seconds". if you ever get a girl who loves cars, keep her! they're few and far between!

Maybe if you had let her win you would have gotten a date :-)
Old 12-19-2000, 09:07 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I never will race a girl again......

one night coming home this girl in a green 90'ish Accord EX pulls up and wants a go, so we go at it for a mile or so (in which she never passed me and I held her 2-3 lengths back) and out of no where blue and red lights, BAM(im talking 5-6 MoCounty popos from every direction)!!!!! $570 ticket for reckless driving and $200 ticket for racing!!! shorty got the same charges as me plus car got towed cause she had no insurance!!! what a night!!!!!!

Originally posted by My 4DSC
Ok...
I'm on my lunch break...on my way back to work from the diner. I'm sitting at a light and this pimped out Delsol DOHC VTEC pulls up next to me. Dunno what mods it had...but i know it had exhaust and intake at least. I know it was actually a DOHC VTEC cuz i heard the VTEC kick in clear as day (LOUD!)...damn those B16A2 kick in hard.

ANYWAY....

I wanted so bad to pull into the bank after her to talk but i had to get back to work...DAMN IT!
Old 12-19-2000, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by The Sleeper
heh heh.... hot girls and fast cars... sorta reminds me of "Gone in 60 Seconds". if you ever get a girl who loves cars, keep her! they're few and far between!

Don't you mean hot cars and fast girls? Whoops I got the two confused again.....
Old 12-19-2000, 09:18 PM

the 160 hp 1.6 liter dohc is not the only vtec to come in del sols... it also comes with the 1.6 liter sohc vtec engine rated at 122 hp... thats probably the one you raced.. cause the other is fast as hell with that much hp in a light as hell car
Old 12-19-2000, 10:44 PM

Good kill Adam. Did you do you huge 5k rpm launch?
Old 12-20-2000, 05:46 AM
vapors smx

Originally posted by The Sleeper

Thats why I married mine. This is her daily driver:

Old 12-20-2000, 06:17 AM

good kill adam

honduh

Ant
Old 12-20-2000, 07:18 AM

One fast Del Sol

One guy in Maryland has a Del Sol that has a turbo and NOS, which was installed by EIP Motorsports. It's not riced out though. Total sleeper. I think it has a large exhaust tip though.
Old 12-20-2000, 07:20 AM
Disco Biscuit

Good kill

Hot girls\fast cars or hot cars\fast girls,
What's the dif? It's all good in the end....
Old 12-20-2000, 07:41 AM

Ok...

ANYWAY....

Good kill! But, I thought you said you were married?!?!?!?! hehehehehehehe!
Old 12-20-2000, 08:10 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Come down to Kansas City and my buddy will show you taillights real quickly in his 96 Del Sol. He is the owner of Dark Sol Motorsports. His car is a stock looking black Del Sol with coil overs and lightweight 15" wheels. It has a pretty tame muffler. The motor is a 2000 Type R B18C5 with Jun cams, intake, exhaust, and Type R LSD. Best et to date is a 12.8@104mph-all motor. I can only imagine how quick he'll be when he gets all the other Jun equipment for the car.

As for the 160hp B16 powered Del Sol VTECs. They aren't that quick because the Del Sol isn't a light car. It weighs 2500lbs which means it as a power to weight ratio similiar to the Civic Si (same motor, 100lbs heavier). Typical ets for these cars are mid to high 15s.

Dave

Dave
Old 12-20-2000, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by Dave B
Come down to Kansas City and my buddy will show you taillights real quickly in his 96 Del Sol. He is the owner of Dark Sol Motorsports. His car is a stock looking black Del Sol with coil overs and lightweight 15" wheels. It has a pretty tame muffler. The motor is a 2000 Type R B18C5 with Jun cams, intake, exhaust, and Type R LSD. Best et to date is a 12.8@104mph-all motor. I can only imagine how quick he'll be when he gets all the other Jun equipment for the car.

As for the 160hp B16 powered Del Sol VTECs. They aren't that quick because the Del Sol isn't a light car. It weighs 2500lbs which means it as a power to weight ratio similiar to the Civic Si (same motor, 100lbs heavier). Typical ets for these cars are mid to high 15s.

Dave

Dave
There are a ton of those "Hybrids" down here too. Thats currently the rage. There are a few in Tampa running low 12's at 110+ mph all motor with no juice or FI. These cars run based on light weight and moderate power. The heavy hitters only put down in the low 200 hp range, but in a 1700 lb car, it goes a long way!

Wanna see a race of a Hybrid Civic vs. a Turbo Civic Si? I know with certainty that the Civic puts down about 280 wheel hp. The green car is the Hybrid, the Blue is Turbo. Keep in mind the blue Civic is alot heavier.

http://www.tamparacing.com/dynoday/filet_of_turbo.mpg

[Edited by madmax2k on 12-20-2000 at 12:32 PM]
Old 12-20-2000, 11:19 AM
My 4DSC

uhhhh...i think i know the difference

Originally posted by MaxiPad96
the 160 hp 1.6 liter dohc is not the only vtec to come in del sols... it also comes with the 1.6 liter sohc vtec engine rated at 122 hp... thats probably the one you raced.. cause the other is fast as hell with that much hp in a light as hell car
I am an ex-honda enthusiast. Former owner of a 350hp daily driven 11 second civic. I know the difference in exhaust note between a B16A2 and D16z6/y8. Trust me it was a DOHC VTEC. And they are not fast as hell...The DOHC VTEC Delsol runs 15.7+ in the 1/4 mi stock...and they dont respond well to boltons. Considering my car ran 14's stock I knew it would be no contest....but i shoulda let the hottie whoop up on me so i could "congratulate" her.

Old 12-20-2000, 11:23 AM
My 4DSC

HELL NO i ain't married...

Good kill! But, I thought you said you were married?!?!?!?! hehehehehehehe!

not yet anyway!

Old 12-20-2000, 11:36 AM
My 4DSC

Dave

Dave
Your "buddy" is luck that i parted out my civic and traded it in on my Maxima cuz if I still had it I'd be more than happy to come show him what a TRULY fast honda is.
My best ET:
R/T: .601
60': 1.72
1/8: 7.662 @ 105.23 mph
1/4: 11.427 @ 129.89 mph

Just wait until this coming season and I'm sure my Maxima will be more than able to keep pace with your buddys Delsol (not that i'm interested in ******* 4 bangers anymore...got my sites set on those pesky Supras). Just wait to see what i got in store for next season.

Old 12-20-2000, 12:26 PM

Just wait to see what i got in store for next season.
I'm waiting

Ant
Old 12-20-2000, 01:17 PM

Your "buddy" is luck that i parted out my civic and traded it in on my Maxima cuz if I still had it I'd be more than happy to come show him what a TRULY fast honda is.
My best ET:

Just wait until this coming season and I'm sure my Maxima will be more than able to keep pace with your buddys Delsol (not that i'm interested in ******* 4 bangers anymore...got my sites set on those pesky Supras). Just wait to see what i got in store for next season.
[/I]
You daily drove that thing? How many times a week did it break down??!!!???

In all seriousness, how reliable was it?
Old 12-20-2000, 01:32 PM

exactly

from i remember him saying ..
it wasn't reliable at all thas why he bought a maxima
Super Duper fast and ultra reliable..

hey that could be the maxima's new slogan

Ant
Old 12-20-2000, 02:49 PM
My 4DSC

It was VERY unreliable....

Originally posted by madmax2k

My best ET:

You daily drove that thing? How many times a week did it break down??!!!???

In all seriousness, how reliable was it? [/I]
That's why i got rid of it...finally just got too fed up w/ breaking $hit all the time. It was very reliable when it was running high 12's...once i hit 11's it was always in the shop for something. Hopefully i'll have better luck w/ the Maxima.

Old 12-20-2000, 03:39 PM

Dave

Dave
My best ET:

Damn Adam, you sure you want to attack them Supras? And yes, im waiting for next season to see what Adam has whipped up.
Old 12-20-2000, 06:05 PM
My 4DSC

Originally posted by Synki

Damn Adam, you sure you want to attack them Supras? And yes, im waiting for next season to see what Adam has whipped up.

got some crazy ideas going thru that big head of mine.

Old 12-20-2000, 06:17 PM

This Lady......

At work knows all about cars, and parts, and all kinds of stuff that just impress you; cause she has class, style, grace and looks to kill. But of course she is married to a CAR guy already. DANG.
Old 12-21-2000, 12:07 AM

Re: uhhhh...i think i know the difference

Well sorry buddy... it amazes me that you can run a faster quarter mile stock than proffesional drivers can.. and 15.7 is pretty quick for a four banger stock.. especially considering thats faster than just about every auto max around here with just boltons. And i personally have owned an eclipse gst 5 speed with greddy exhaust, boost controller, hks intake, blitz blow off valve and raced a del sol 1.6 dohc with every bolton and even though the eclipse won by 1-2 carlengths, that car was still pretty fast.. eclipse gst is faster than a max stock so you losers dont just go out there and think your all that against the next b16 del sol you race... just wait till you hit the curves and youll be wiping that slow as del sols *** with your ugly white maxima toilet paper...

I am an ex-honda enthusiast. Former owner of a 350hp daily driven 11 second civic. I know the difference in exhaust note between a B16A2 and D16z6/y8. Trust me it was a DOHC VTEC. And they are not fast as hell...The DOHC VTEC Delsol runs 15.7+ in the 1/4 mi stock...and they dont respond well to boltons. Considering my car ran 14's stock I knew it would be no contest....but i shoulda let the hottie whoop up on me so i could "congratulate" her.
Old 12-21-2000, 12:14 AM

Re: Re: uhhhh...i think i know the difference

They are so damn fast because they are so damn light...a mod to a lighter car makes more difference...

-- Peter

Well sorry buddy... it amazes me that you can run a faster quarter mile stock than proffesional drivers can.. and 15.7 is pretty quick for a four banger stock.. especially considering thats faster than just about every auto max around here with just boltons. And i personally have owned an eclipse gst 5 speed with greddy exhaust, boost controller, hks intake, blitz blow off valve and raced a del sol 1.6 dohc with every bolton and even though the eclipse won by 1-2 carlengths, that car was still pretty fast.. eclipse gst is faster than a max stock so you losers dont just go out there and think your all that against the next b16 del sol you race... just wait till you hit the curves and youll be wiping that slow as del sols *** with your ugly white maxima toilet paper...

Old 12-21-2000, 01:04 AM
FlipSide909

Hey AE92...you should be 4A-GZE power. It's all good though.

Old 12-21-2000, 06:43 AM

They arent really that light. The del sols are heavier than people think cause they have a lot of reinforcement for the roof and roll down rear window. I beat a DOHC VTEC del sol in my old auto acura legend and it was a 15.7 car at best with all my mods (this was before i had headwork) I thought they were fast too but not anything special without work done to them.
Old 12-21-2000, 07:16 AM

[
Ok listen BUDDY... seems your always doubting everyone and starting arguement..
first of all .. My4DSC ran 14.9 1/4 mile stock.. now I HIGHLY doubt the any stock version of the del sol will run that fast.. ..

second...15.7 is quick for a four banger.. ok you got that one..but this is where you're wrong.. it's not faster than just about every auto max around here with bolt on's..an auto max with bolt on's is a 14.9-15.1 second car.. don't believe me.. i'll be at the track the first day it opens you are welcome to come watch me run

third .. i know quite a bit about DSM cars.. and unless the del sol you raced is turbo'd you should have pissed all over him... with the mods you had on the GST you should have been running 13's .. you should've been boosting 17-20 lbs..

yes a modded GST will spank a maxima.. but the GST has boost and it is a sport coupe.. your comparing it to a 4 door family sedan genius ...
if you give a maxima boost it will spank your GST ..
just keep in mind your comparing apples to oranges..

Thank you once again for you thought through comments
drive through and have a nice day

Ant
Old 12-21-2000, 09:51 AM
My 4DSC

I'm sure it does amaze you that I can run faster than a professional driver...Fortunately, SOME people can drive...Don't feel bad because your modded DSM was only running 16's because you simply lack skill...its ok! And 15.7 is NOT pretty quick even for a 4-banger...its "peppy" at best. I feel bad for you that you could barely edge out that delsol...just demonstrates the fact that you cant drive...its ok! As far as hitting the curves goes...i'm sure i could hang w/ the delsol no problem because most honda drivers (especially the females) have no driving skill whatsoever and are too scared to push their cars to the limits whereas i am quite comfortable there. ANYWAY, if you dare insult me OR my car one more time...YOU will be the one needing the "toilet paper" when i smack the $HIT out of you and make you **** your pants you ignorant fu@k!

Have a nice day!

Old 12-21-2000, 10:18 AM

15.4 with only a JWT intake.... my only bolt-on at the time.

Well sorry buddy... it amazes me that you can run a faster quarter mile stock than proffesional drivers can.. and 15.7 is pretty quick for a four banger stock.. especially considering thats faster than just about every auto max around here with just boltons. And i personally
Old 12-21-2000, 04:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: uhhhh...i think i know the difference

I'm sure it does amaze you that I can run faster than a professional driver...Fortunately, SOME people can drive...Don't feel bad because your modded DSM was only running 16's because you simply lack skill...its ok! And 15.7 is NOT pretty quick even for a 4-banger...its "peppy" at best. I feel bad for you that you could barely edge out that delsol...just demonstrates the fact that you cant drive...its ok! As far as hitting the curves goes...i'm sure i could hang w/ the delsol no problem because most honda drivers (especially the females) have no driving skill whatsoever and are too scared to push their cars to the limits whereas i am quite comfortable there. ANYWAY, if you dare insult me OR my car one more time...YOU will be the one needing the "toilet paper" when i smack the $HIT out of you and make you **** your pants you ignorant fu@k!

Have a nice day!
Go Adam, go Adam, its your birthday, its your birthday! hehe.

15.7 is peppy for a 4 banger. Well... more like KINDA quick. ok? Hey i ran a 15.6 w/ intake for my first time so not all autos are that slow. What is this about a 16 sec DSM? Is this a NT or Turbo? My old DSM ran 15.9 on a g-tech bro. 16s is ****ty for a DSM.
Old 12-21-2000, 05:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry dude, those B16A Del Sols aren't THAT fast. I wouldn't put my money on the del sol against a 5th Gen 5-speed. 222hp, 160hp.. Hmmmm.. over 60hp difference. Eventually the Maxima WILL win.

ZuM

Old 12-22-2000, 02:55 PM
My 4DSC

Re: Re: Re: Re: uhhhh...i think i know the difference

Damn...I got a bad attitude when I'm drunk...I barely remember typing that mess.

Have a nice day!

15.7 is peppy for a 4 banger. Well... more like KINDA quick. ok? Hey i ran a 15.6 w/ intake for my first time so not all autos are that slow. What is this about a 16 sec DSM? Is this a NT or Turbo? My old DSM ran 15.9 on a g-tech bro. 16s is ****ty for a DSM.

Old 12-22-2000, 04:30 PM

Re: One fast Del Sol

Originally posted by Paul2kGXE
One guy in Maryland has a Del Sol that has a turbo and NOS, which was installed by EIP Motorsports. It's not riced out though. Total sleeper. I think it has a large exhaust tip though.
The large tip rices it out right there!

Old 12-22-2000, 05:09 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: uhhhh...i think i know the difference

Damn...I got a bad attitude when I'm drunk...I barely remember typing that mess.

Have a nice day!

See, im not the only drunk here! Yea Adam...been poundin them beers down?!
Old 12-22-2000, 07:00 PM
My 4DSC

nah...Adam dont do beer...

its Stoli Vodka fer me! yummmmm

Old 12-22-2000, 11:07 PM

Turbo Civic Si

One of my buddies has a turbo 2000 Civic Si and that thing puts the fear of God into me. I've never raced him but it's definetly faster than my maxima. He runs high 14's at the track here...and we're in colorado 6000 ft. above sea level. Just watch out for those guys...they're fast.
Old 12-23-2000, 08:47 AM
My 4DSC

Re: Turbo Civic Si

Originally posted by hawkdog
One of my buddies has a turbo 2000 Civic Si and that thing puts the fear of God into me. I've never raced him but it's definetly faster than my maxima. He runs high 14's at the track here...and we're in colorado 6000 ft. above sea level. Just watch out for those guys...they're fast.
Yea...and turbo 2000 Civic Si's blow up fast too.
Trust me...i know from experience.
I would tell your buddy not to boost over 5psi or he WILL (yes its definite) crack his pistons.
I had a turbo 1.6L SOHC VTEC that lasted 45,000 miles at 15psi with stock internals and never blew. Then i put a 2000 Si 1.6L DOHC VTEC turbo in and it blew up after only 2500 miles at only 9psi (cracked 2 pistons).
Tell your buddy to BE CAREFUL!

Old 12-23-2000, 10:45 AM

MAXIPAD96

You are full of it. I have smoked countless GS-T and GSX eclipses. WITH MY STOCK MAXIMA. They have nothing....even the riced ones. And the day I lose a race to a del sol...a woman's car...will be a cold day in he||.