General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

got a ticket a month ago... not familiar w/ the process...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 11:02 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

got a ticket a month ago... not familiar w/ the process...

Hi guys, i need your experience and knowledge on this...

Here's what happens:

I got a ticket last month for "failure to yield" . Basically i was in downtown San Jose... first of school... and i DID stop at the redlight and stayed there for several minutes because i did not get space to make the turn due to heavy traffic (first day of college, students tryin to get into parking garage). Also, at that same corner were 3 cops just standing ther ebasically looking over traffic and whatnot so i made sure i didn't do anyhting stupid. So basically when i DO get space since i was waiting and other ppl wouldn't let me in, i made the turn because i didn't see anyone else and all of a sudden one of the officers yelled at me and hailed me over to the side. Once traffic moved up a bit, i got enough space to pull to the side and he told me that i almost caused an accident... and made me apoligize to the chick that i honestly didn't see making the turn. Then he compliments my car and gives me a ticket w/ it After gettin a ticket, he helps me w/ directions to the nearest off-campus lot.

Now:

I got the letter in the mail saying that I gotta go to court... or pay the bail. W/ traffic school it comes up to $127. When i do take the traffic school, I get the point on my record waived right? Also, if i do want to contest... that involves the me vs the cop. I don't know how I would make the case... i'm just hoping the officer doesn't show up? I wasn't too sure on how the trial process works. My brother (17 yr old) got a ticket and he just had to go to juvenile court in front of a hearing officer and got his fine reduced and didn't involve the cop coming and stuff. Is it the same? I'm 18 btw so i'm not a juvenile and can't go to that court. Blah some of u think i should just pay the ammount but $127 is alotta money to me, and since i made a mistake and even apoligized to the girl the cop shouldda let me go Anyways, any feedback will be much appreciated.