General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Another Bogus Ticket: GRRRRRRRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 08:40 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Another Bogus Ticket: GRRRRRRRRRRR

So sunday morning me and my scott are driving home after a long and rough saturday night, we followed my friend helio in his yellow IS300 around Downtown springfield just to cruise and he went to work and i went about my way home. i pulled out onto the West Street bridge and about 500 feet behind me is a state cop. i'm like F*ck i know i've done nothing wrong but i know i'm getting pulled over. he gets up behind me i count to 5 and the lights come on, great.

So i pull over and he comes up to the car. I ask why i was pulled over he won't tell me(because he hasn't decided yet because i wasn't f*cking doing anything wrong and he's a f*cking d*ckhead) so he takes my license and reg and starts looking over the car. he asks me to but my blinkers on, he looks at them and then asks about them. i'm like they are red like 50% of the cars on the road they just blink faster because of the bulb that is in then and there is nothing i can do about it. then he looks at the front ones, asks what color they are, i say "Hyper White" he mumbles hyper white and walks away. pops out of the car and asks me to turn the blinker on again, i do. ten minutes later he comes back and gives me a ticket and says to change out my blinker bulbs. the ticket is for 385 dollars and NOT ONE MOVING VIOLATION. he wrote me up for DISPLAYING RED LIGHTS WITHOUT PERMIT, they were my friggin rear blinkers how many cars have red rear blinkers that is so bogus, then he got me another 50 bucks for having AFTERMARKET EXHAUST and 35 bucks for a PLATE COVER WHICH IS TOTALLY CLEAR. so i'm gonna have to waste another 2 hours of personal time to go to court and fight the ticket and get ti thrown out. i'm gonna take off the plate cover, take 100 pictures of other cars with red blinkers and bring a picture of my car with the stock exhaust with me and get it all taken care of but it's so bogus, just cus i drive a nice car and my license plate says HOTWHP i get pulled over all the time. like seriosly 3 times in the past month and none were for moving violation, jealous bastards. i'm so sick of it but i'm not chaning my car. ok im done venting.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Another Bogus Ticket: GRRRRRRRRRRR

Originally posted by dmbmaxima2k2
So sunday morning me and my scott are driving home after a long and rough saturday night, we followed my friend helio in his yellow IS300 around Downtown springfield just to cruise and he went to work and i went about my way home. i pulled out onto the West Street bridge and about 500 feet behind me is a state cop. i'm like F*ck i know i've done nothing wrong but i know i'm getting pulled over. he gets up behind me i count to 5 and the lights come on, great.

So i pull over and he comes up to the car. I ask why i was pulled over he won't tell me(because he hasn't decided yet because i wasn't f*cking doing anything wrong and he's a f*cking d*ckhead) so he takes my license and reg and starts looking over the car. he asks me to but my blinkers on, he looks at them and then asks about them. i'm like they are red like 50% of the cars on the road they just blink faster because of the bulb that is in then and there is nothing i can do about it. then he looks at the front ones, asks what color they are, i say "Hyper White" he mumbles hyper white and walks away. pops out of the car and asks me to turn the blinker on again, i do. ten minutes later he comes back and gives me a ticket and says to change out my blinker bulbs. the ticket is for 385 dollars and NOT ONE MOVING VIOLATION. he wrote me up for DISPLAYING RED LIGHTS WITHOUT PERMIT, they were my friggin rear blinkers how many cars have red rear blinkers that is so bogus, then he got me another 50 bucks for having AFTERMARKET EXHAUST and 35 bucks for a PLATE COVER WHICH IS TOTALLY CLEAR. so i'm gonna have to waste another 2 hours of personal time to go to court and fight the ticket and get ti thrown out. i'm gonna take off the plate cover, take 100 pictures of other cars with red blinkers and bring a picture of my car with the stock exhaust with me and get it all taken care of but it's so bogus, just cus i drive a nice car and my license plate says HOTWHP i get pulled over all the time. like seriosly 3 times in the past month and none were for moving violation, jealous bastards. i'm so sick of it but i'm not chaning my car. ok im done venting.
that sux...hopefully they'll throw your ticket out
Old 10-02-2002, 08:51 PM

lol steve i feel ur pain i just got my ticket throw out today in court 300 for my nozzle lights.. i had to waste a trip for RI for 1 minute bs...
Old 10-02-2002, 08:53 PM

cops are a$$holes and there hella jealous (u do have a nice car tho) one time when a cop pulled me over (when i kno i didnt do nething wrong) my friend always puts in grand theft auto 3 and start killing cops while the cop is talking to me. you should see the look on there faces when my friend sittin next to me sayin "die you ****** a$$ pigs and alot of other stuff i cant say on the org) dont flame me, my friend is immature but its halirous.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:53 PM

just FYI licence plate covers are ILLEGAL no matter if they're clear, smoked, or whatever. this was told to me by a state patrolmen when he pulled my friend's sentra over for having a clear one....
Old 10-02-2002, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by ILoveMyMax
lol steve i feel ur pain i just got my ticket throw out today in court 300 for my nozzle lights.. i had to waste a trip for RI for 1 minute bs...
ya i know but it happens to me a couple times a year and i have to waste so much time fighting bogus tickets because i get targeted for having a nice car.

aslo the cop said my car was black on the ticket(might help a little) BUT he wrote my address down wrong(i think that should be huge though)

also i'm gonna be done at your school tomorrow to hang out with jesse and then go to strand. call me ****.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:56 PM

Originally posted by max1ma97se
cops are a$$holes and there hella jealous (u do have a nice car tho) one time when a cop pulled me over (when i kno i didnt do nething wrong) my friend always puts in grand theft auto 3 and start killing cops while the cop is talking to me. you should see the look on there faces when my friend sittin next to me sayin "die you ****** a$$ pigs and alot of other stuff i cant say on the org) dont flame me, my friend is immature but its halirous.
i will agree with yo on being immature but it is funny. i need to install my X-Box.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Re: Another Bogus Ticket: GRRRRRRRRRRR

So sunday morning me and my scott are driving home after a long and rough saturday night,
i had no idea you were a fudge packer
Old 10-02-2002, 09:01 PM

Re: Re: Another Bogus Ticket: GRRRRRRRRRRR

Originally posted by SprintMax

i had no idea you were a fudge packer
we were coming from a party that ended about two hours before that and it was 8:30am.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Another Bogus Ticket: GRRRRRRRRRRR

we were coming from a party that ended about two hours before that and it was 8:30am.
hope you and yoru scott didnt' soil the leather
Old 10-02-2002, 09:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Bogus Ticket: GRRRRRRRRRRR

lmao, i caught that when i read his post but i was gonna let it be....
Old 10-02-2002, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by max1ma97se

wow what a bs post...
Old 10-02-2002, 09:18 PM

It's the custom plate Steve. My car's plate says WHY TRY, and I get pulled over all the time, almost twice a month.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:21 PM

Originally posted by Supermachoman
It's the custom plate Steve. My car's plate says WHY TRY, and I get pulled over all the time, almost twice a month.
lol i actually thought about getting that but i went with HOTWHP i've gotten pulled over 5 times since i got it about 5 weeks ago. i got 2 tickets and scott got 1 while we was driving. all bogus.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:29 PM
Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac. Prounced Ii-eee-ack.

lol i actually thought about getting that but i went with HOTWHP i've gotten pulled over 5 times since i got it about 5 weeks ago. i got 2 tickets and scott got 1 while we was driving. all bogus.

This is off topic but what does HOTWHP stand for? Hot whip???

Old 10-02-2002, 09:40 PM

damn, $385for displaying red lights????
Must be some kinda 'emergency vehicle' violation.... Like havin police strobes in your car, and your not emergency personal........
Old 10-02-2002, 09:41 PM
Administrator

you are giving scott the hot whip?
Old 10-02-2002, 09:43 PM

HOTWHP= Hot Whip

the red lights were my friggin blinkers, look outside in the morning and you'll see 50% of the cars have red blinkers

sprite i'm not taking after you
Old 10-02-2002, 10:05 PM

I know my fathers had a 2000 dodge van and it has RED tails in the rear (with white reverse), he has a durango now, and I think it also has all red tails, (with white reverse)

I was talking about what that ticket meant....it must be for those people with lights that resemble emergency vehicles....
Old 10-02-2002, 10:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

no offense steve, change the plate.. cops hate arrogant ******* drivers who think they are the **** and it gives them more reason to harrass you.

get something that isnt going to confuse them or make them think.. it's not worth your time or money obviously.

hyperblinkers are seen as strobes just FYI, a bunch of kids in my apartment complex got $85 tickets for them last year, it was pretty gay...

good luck.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:15 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler
no offense steve, change the plate.. cops hate arrogant ******* drivers who think they are the **** and it gives them more reason to harrass you.

get something that isnt going to confuse them or make them think.. it's not worth your time or money obviously.

hyperblinkers are seen as strobes just FYI, a bunch of kids in my apartment complex got $85 tickets for them last year, it was pretty gay...

good luck.
i REFUSE to change my plate, if anything i wanted to get NVTHIS but it was taken. i just hate wasting time but i won't let them scare me into changing the way i am. and i'm not the ****

maxin they are still red rear blinkers and i'm sure i will get ti thrown out.
Old 10-02-2002, 10:28 PM

This might sound stupid, but i thought you plate meant HotWhp=Hot Wheel Horse Power.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:26 PM

Recently i got abogus ticket is Nj right on palsidae parkway. Cop pull my A$$ over saying that i have improper color on my sidemarker and i have white window nozzle. There wasnt any plenty but i have to go to court. So last tuesday was my court date. it was this bootleg court room that has a lil polic station in it. and there is like this state proscutor that work for teh state and his office use to be men's bathroom cuz the mn sign is stil there. But anyhow i was telling him that having white light aint illegal , prescutor plad the judge to dismiss my ticket and he said that i didnt remove it. So judg was like arguing aint your lights be yellow. i was like no it white what are you talking about.. no peopl use yellow light. but anyhow. just to keep the long story short. i hav to go back in two week an they ned to see that my sidemarker are taken off and my window nozzle. such a damn joke .. just dont drive to NJ especially along palisdae parkway
Old 10-02-2002, 11:51 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by jiggity1226
Recently i got abogus ticket is Nj right on palsidae parkway. Cop pull my A$$ over saying that i have improper color on my sidemarker and i have white window nozzle. There wasnt any plenty but i have to go to court. So last tuesday was my court date. it was this bootleg court room that has a lil polic station in it. and there is like this state proscutor that work for teh state and his office use to be men's bathroom cuz the mn sign is stil there. But anyhow i was telling him that having white light aint illegal , prescutor plad the judge to dismiss my ticket and he said that i didnt remove it. So judg was like arguing aint your lights be yellow. i was like no it white what are you talking about.. no peopl use yellow light. but anyhow. just to keep the long story short. i hav to go back in two week an they ned to see that my sidemarker are taken off and my window nozzle. such a damn joke .. just dont drive to NJ especially along palisdae parkway

Steve,

The new Caddys with the big *** LED tail lights blink red for turn signals. Just incase you were looking.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:52 AM

Impala's too. Never EVER tell a cop you have something-white lights. If they ask, you say "white." Hyper, Uber, Super, Duper, extrahyper, dyper, extreme, ultra, blablabla. Anything prior to white is gonna have the cop rolling his eyes at you and going "oooooook. I can write a ticket for that."

As far as the ticket goes, I think it sounds like complete bull**** sorry you're gonna hafta waste time defending it. He did however make it pretty easy for you to do so though
Old 10-03-2002, 04:39 AM

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Steve,

The new Caddys with the big *** LED tail lights blink red for turn signals. Just incase you were looking.

and the 350Z and the G35 i'll make sure i bring in brochures for those too. i just hate wasting time fighting these cus i seriously win 9 outtta 10 tickets i get.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:42 AM
Project Ruby......

Originally posted by Xmax
This might sound stupid, but i thought you plate meant HotWhp=Hot Wheel Horse Power.
Your not the only one. I thought that too at first
Old 10-03-2002, 05:49 AM

i REFUSE to change my plate, if anything i wanted to get NVTHIS but it was taken. i just hate wasting time but i won't let them scare me into changing the way i am. and i'm not the ****

maxin they are still red rear blinkers and i'm sure i will get ti thrown out.
Stop being a jackase and change the plates.
Ok fine so you're not going to let them scare you but they can just keep giving you tickets over and over and over and over and over
and you will be forced to go to court everytime to fight it.

In the end YOU LOSE.

Honest I don't know why people want to attract attention to their cars these days. I took anything and everything off my car that would even make you look at it.

Ant
Old 10-03-2002, 07:32 AM

and the 350Z and the G35 i'll make sure i bring in brochures for those too. i just hate wasting time fighting these cus i seriously win 9 outtta 10 tickets i get.
the 350z's blinker is at the bottom (the clear peice below the red headlights). I thought those were reverse light but i saw one signaling & the bottom was blinking.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:46 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

This thread cracks me up.

Get a clue people, the cops don't pull you over for custom plates. His car clearly has illegal lights on it. Hyper White Signals are not legal, neither are LED Fast blinking signals. Red LED directions in the rear blinking at a NORMAL rate is perfectly fine. You red aftermarket LED blinkers blink fast, thats as close as it gets to Emergency Vehicle Lighting.

Cops aren't out there to harass anybody, there trying to do their jobs. There so many hyper white, super white blue, red nozzle side marker fast strobe blinking lound exhaust slammed to the ground completely lite up like a F__King Christmass Tree on the road RICE.. No wonder why they get ****ed. Then they have kids arguing with them that there's nothing wrong with there cars. You've got to be kidding me?

It's not your custom plates thats getting you in trouble.

Give it up already! Make your car legal and they'll leave you alone.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:48 AM

Impala, Corvette, Lincoln Town Car , Acura CL just to name a few.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:58 AM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
But then how will they be able to look cool?

Edit: And before anyone calls me a hypocrite ... yes, I had white blinkers, white nozzle lights (which I had turned off most of the time), tints and custom plates that said "IBESLOW". BUT I was ready to fully accept the consequences. In fact, I got pulled over a couple of times with those things on my car. Twice for speeding slightly above the speed limit and the police never said anything. Once I was let go with a warning and the second time, I paid my ticket and moved on with life.
Old 10-03-2002, 08:56 AM
Jedi Knight

Get a clue people, the cops don't pull you over for custom plates. His car clearly has illegal lights on it. Hyper White Signals are not legal, neither are LED Fast blinking signals. Red LED directions in the rear blinking at a NORMAL rate is perfectly fine. You red aftermarket LED blinkers blink fast, thats as close as it gets to Emergency Vehicle Lighting.

Cops aren't out there to harass anybody, there trying to do their jobs. There so many hyper white, super white blue, red nozzle side marker fast strobe blinking lound exhaust slammed to the ground completely lite up like a F__King Christmass Tree on the road RICE.. No wonder why they get ****ed. Then they have kids arguing with them that there's nothing wrong with there cars. You've got to be kidding me?

a voice of reason....this is a funny thread!
Old 10-03-2002, 09:13 AM

My personalized plate says MAXIN, and I rarely get pulled over. Only like once when the NY state 'custom' plates came out about 2 years ago, a cop stopped me and asked me..."are those plates real?" He then said he never seen those type of plates before. NYS custom plates look totaly different from regular 'personalized' plates, in which only the letters are 'personal'. With the custom plate, you can have sports teams, etc on there...I have the yankees world series champs..

NJMAX is right, its your lights that was probably blinking fast and were white, (made him think there were stobes) thats why he stopped you, I doubt it was the plate...

But since he messed up on the tickets, they WILL be dismissed. Also with that proof of other cars with red lights...will get thrown out. Had he said that your lights resemble strobes, I dunno...
Old 10-03-2002, 09:16 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Bogus Ticket: GRRRRRRRRRRR

..always starting sh*t
Old 10-03-2002, 09:36 AM
CJP

Sorry to break it to you, but some cops are out to harass people. Like arresting an entire parking lot full of people on trespassing charges so they all have criminal records instead of telling them to leave.

Old 10-03-2002, 09:43 AM

Originally posted by CJP
Sorry to break it to you, but some cops are out to harass people. Like arresting an entire parking lot full of people on trespassing charges so they all have criminal records instead of telling them to leave.
some cops != most cops
Old 10-03-2002, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by clee130

some cops != most cops
!= means "does not equal" in case some of you don't know. This should not be confused with "emphatically equals".
Old 10-03-2002, 09:53 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by voltman

!= means "does not equal" in case some of you don't know. This should not be confused with "emphatically equals".
<>
Old 10-03-2002, 10:14 AM

<>

If your blinkers where blinking very quick that may have triggered him to stop you. You said it was early in the morning he was already ****ed off no sleep. The fcking Ricers on the road or in the local neighborhoods dont help either. Other id!ots and morons out on the road ruin it for the rest of us. Keep that in mind. To make your car not stand out like the **** heads try to keep your car as legal as possible. I myself had bright corner hyperwhites etc..now all my blinkers are yellow and the lenses are still clear so I am good. So if they I get stopped it will be for two reasons racing or speeding or both.

Lets keep the lighting stuff under control. We all have better things to do then to waste time at court.

Quick Reply: Another Bogus Ticket: GRRRRRRRRRRR