General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Uh oh... corner lights / fuse problem...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 02:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Uh oh... corner lights / fuse problem...

Okay I was putting in another set of cornerlight bulbs (because my old ones blew out), and all of a sudden the other corner light goes off.

Okay I thougth I had just loosened a wire because I have both the corner and blinker rewires. Well I didn't see anything loose, so I proceded to the fuse.

I swapped out the fuse with the Horn #3 fuse, go to turn the lights on and still nothing

What could be wrong? Do you think there is still a loose connection I overlooked? I am pretty sure they were idential fuses, so I don't think it is a fuse problem. Any help appreciated guys.
Thanks,
-Cyrus
Old 10-08-2002, 04:13 PM
Administrator

L. Tail Light Fuse

Vyrus.. yuh a newbie again?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....=Left+and+Fuse
Old 10-08-2002, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
L. Tail Light Fuse

Vyrus.. yuh a newbie again?

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....=Left+and+Fuse
Thanks bud, I thought it would be the "Corn Lamp" fuse but I guess not.
-Cyrus
Old 10-08-2002, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Vyrus

Thanks bud, I thought it would be the "Corn Lamp" fuse but I guess not.
-Cyrus
Old 10-08-2002, 04:27 PM

Do you know of any fuses down there that I can swap into the L. Taillamp one without sacraficing safety or losing my radio?
There aren't any spares in there are there?
-Cyrus
Old 10-08-2002, 04:28 PM

Sounds like you're pullin the wrong "fuse"... infact I dont even think you're pullin the fuse... sounds like you're pullin the relay. Sounds like youre pullin from underneath that box thats under the hood. The correct location is the "tail" fuse which is in the dash infront of your left knee.

Are you runnin rewired bulbs? Are you also runnin side markers/washer LEDs or anything else? I've figured it out, if you have rewired corners, you must up the fuse from 7.5 amps to 10 amps even if you run 2 measily 5 watt side markers.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:28 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Vyrus

Do you know of any fuses down there that I can swap into the L. Taillamp one without sacraficing safety or losing my radio?
There aren't any spares in there are there?
-Cyrus
if you just upgraded your lighting.. thats whats tripping it.. and i would tell you to go get a higher amp fuse.. i have been running a higher amp fuse for 2 years now.. so if you got a spare higher.. use that.. or go to the automotive store.. they are still open bisch
Old 10-08-2002, 04:29 PM
Administrator

i am not the smartest **** in the world.. but i could swear you just typed back the same **** i just typed

Originally posted by ericdwong
Sounds like you're pullin the wrong "fuse"... infact I dont even think you're pullin the fuse... sounds like you're pullin the relay. Sounds like youre pullin from underneath that box thats under the hood. The correct location is the "tail" fuse which is in the dash infront of your left knee.

Are you runnin rewired bulbs? Are you also runnin side markers/washer LEDs or anything else? I've figured it out, if you have rewired corners, you must up the fuse from 7.5 amps to 10 amps even if you run 2 measily 5 watt side markers.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:41 PM

i am not the smartest **** in the world.. but i could swear you just typed back the same **** i just typed

I have been running rewired PolarGs for a long time but one died to today I tried to switch to some generic G&E corners. Thanks for the advice guys, I will try swapping the fuses right now.
-Cyrus
Old 10-08-2002, 04:55 PM

You guys are awesome. Eric you were right I was pulling the relay. Now I REALLY feel like an idiot. Anyways I had a spare 7.5volt fuse ont he side (perpendicular to the others) I just swapped in there and everything works great. I just remembered I had an extra set of PolarGs, swapped those in there and now I'm set. Thanks again guys,
-Cyrus
Old 10-08-2002, 07:21 PM
i SeE what you did therE

Billy ray.. you newbie..