General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

FSTB Comments

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2000, 05:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Santa (the UPS guy) came around 6pm today - I didn't even know they delivered that late. Anyway, I unpacked the bar and put it on the car in about 10 minutes, install is a no-brainer. I wasn't expecting much as I pulled out of the driveway, and it felt slightly better on long, sweeping curves. I was just telling myself "Well at least it looks cool" when I got to the left turn lane at a light. The car absolutely stuck through the turn where it would have been very hesitant before. The body still rolls, but it goes right where you point it, none of those scary motions anymore. I took it through some tighter curves and more of the same. The body rolled on the stock springs, but the car followed the curve exactly. FYI, my FSTB was from Street Beat, cost $35 and was delivered a week and a half after placing the order. Bottom line - everyone who owns a Maxima, any trim level, almost any year, should have one of these.
Old 12-26-2000, 05:45 PM

That's a great price . . .

Too bad they don't make one for the 5th Gen.
Old 12-26-2000, 09:15 PM

I totally agree. I got mine for like $70 i think from Courtesy, it made a HUGE difference. Everyone should have one
Old 12-26-2000, 09:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Weasel
The body still rolls, but it goes right where you point it, none of those scary motions anymore.
Get RSB to reduce that nasty body roll.
Old 12-26-2000, 10:52 PM

Yeah, I'm ordering the RSB once I get settled into my new place in January. I had no idea how much of a difference these seemingly little things could make. Man.. I can see how one thing leads to another. The FSTB makes me notice the body roll more, the RSB will probably make the springs look bad, those will need new shocks, and you need nice wheels to go with lowered springs... and I'm gonna need a new job .
Old 12-27-2000, 08:56 AM
davis449

OK, you guys convinced me! I'm getting one for mine!

Old 12-27-2000, 10:06 AM
Foo90SE

does that mfg. make one for the 3rd gen maxima? thats an awesome price!

Old 12-27-2000, 11:31 AM

Originally posted by Weasel
Santa (the UPS guy) came around 6pm today - I didn't even know they delivered that late. Anyway, I unpacked the bar and put it on the car in about 10 minutes, install is a no-brainer. I wasn't expecting much as I pulled out of the driveway, and it felt slightly better on long, sweeping curves. I was just telling myself "Well at least it looks cool" when I got to the left turn lane at a light. The car absolutely stuck through the turn where it would have been very hesitant before. The body still rolls, but it goes right where you point it, none of those scary motions anymore. I took it through some tighter curves and more of the same. The body rolled on the stock springs, but the car followed the curve exactly. FYI, my FSTB was from Street Beat, cost $35 and was delivered a week and a half after placing the order. Bottom line - everyone who owns a Maxima, any trim level, almost any year, should have one of these.
What's the # or website for Street Beat? at $35 I'm thinking a late x-mas gift is in order.
Old 12-27-2000, 11:36 AM

Here's the addy

http://store.yahoo.com/streetbeatcus...truttow39.html
Old 12-27-2000, 12:24 PM
Foo90SE

They have em for saturns but not 3rd gen maximas...BS

Old 12-27-2000, 12:28 PM

I got mine for free including shipping--->>

I'm so proud of myself#;>) It does make a difference and you won't believe it until you try it..
Old 12-27-2000, 12:53 PM

WTF

WTF, you got your FSTB a week 1/2 after placing the order from StreetBeat. I ended up buying the FSTB from a local shop that I thought would be faster and I've been waiting for over a month. I guess I just have to be patient.
Old 12-27-2000, 01:05 PM
Disco Biscuit

I have a stillen unit

It's great. I think every car should have one. Makes quite a difference.
Old 12-27-2000, 01:30 PM

I had the courtesy FSTB and now I have the Stillen. It makes a noticable difference. Try taking it off and then driving around for a day, your car will feel very different and you'll appreciate the FSTB even more. Now you just need to get a RSB