General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

00 SE vs Tiburon vs 00 sentra se

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2000, 07:21 AM

Last night, coming back from the movie with my girl, I was coming out of the movie theather. At the light I saw a black 00 sentra se and a blue tiburon making a left. As the light turn, they sped off like a bat outta hell. I decide to show them real speed so I caught up to them like a half a block away. I realize that the next street was notrious for police speed trap. so I decide to stop, well next thing you know, these guys were flying down the street and behind them were a cop. i drove past them knowing i save myself $200 and 4 pt. thank god i shut it down. I knew their cars couldn't handle the se anyway.
Old 12-27-2000, 09:24 AM
RussMaxManiac

The Sentra SE is a high 15 sec car stock for a 5spd, mid to high 16 sec for a auto. The Tib is a low 16 sec car. The SE Maxima if a 4th gen will lose off the line till 3rd gear with a Sentra SE (has the SR20DE) but the MAXIMA will make its ground.

Originally posted by mikese
Last night, coming back from the movie with my girl, I was coming out of the movie theather. At the light I saw a black 00 sentra se and a blue tiburon making a left. As the light turn, they sped off like a bat outta hell. I decide to show them real speed so I caught up to them like a half a block away. I realize that the next street was notrious for police speed trap. so I decide to stop, well next thing you know, these guys were flying down the street and behind them were a cop. i drove past them knowing i save myself $200 and 4 pt. thank god i shut it down. I knew their cars couldn't handle the se anyway.

Old 12-27-2000, 09:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My father has a sentra se 5 speed, and i have a 4th gen 5 speed and Ive never known my 4th gen to lose off the line EVER.
Old 12-27-2000, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by CoOlKidS1979
My father has a sentra se 5 speed, and i have a 4th gen 5 speed and Ive never known my 4th gen to lose off the line EVER.
I agree there is no way the sentra
will take the max from a stop
Old 12-27-2000, 03:07 PM
RaySeNxSE-R

Russell wrote:

>Maxima if a 4th gen will lose off the line till 3rd gear >with a Sentra SE (has the SR20DE) but the MAXIMA will make >its ground.

Russ I don't think thats right. Even with the extra weight the Max still has more torque. My heavliy modified Sentra SE is usually dead even with my brothers 99 Max SE to 60mph depending on launch he may be ahead or I might. However once I'm in 3rd gear (62mph) its all over for the Max. It could be the gearing I don't know but thats where the max falls on its face. I don't think a 2K Sentra SE stock will pull any harder from to 60 then my car. I could be wrong as always YMMV.

Now if the Max is an auto (slow) that might be a different story! ;-)

Old 12-27-2000, 03:15 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RaySeNxSE-R
[I]Russell wrote:

>Maxima if a 4th gen will lose off the line till 3rd gear >with a Sentra SE (has the SR20DE) but the MAXIMA will make >its ground.

Russ I don't think thats right. Even with the extra weight the Max still has more torque. My heavliy modified Sentra SE is usually dead even with my brothers 99 Max SE to 60mph depending on launch he may be ahead or I might. However once I'm in 3rd gear (62mph) its all over for the Max. It could be the gearing I don't know but thats where the max falls on its face. I don't think a 2K Sentra SE stock will pull any harder from to 60 then my car. I could be wrong as always YMMV.

dont you mean after the end of my third
(92),,,,you pull away?,,,,but that was when i just had cai,,, now i have ypipe
and soon exhaust heheehheheh
we will race again soon bro hehehe

Old 12-27-2000, 03:23 PM
RaySeNxSE-R

>dont you mean after the end of my third
>(92)you pull away?,,,,but that was when i
>just had cai,,, now i have ypipe
>and soon exhaust heheehheheh
>we will race again soon bro hehehe

No, when I go to 3rd is when I start gaining on you fast. And since you just told me your car only goes to 92 in 3rd and mine 100 that makes sense why you would see it as top of 3rd for you.

And by the time you have exhaust I will be boosting. ;-)

Old 12-27-2000, 03:23 PM

Hyundai styling is current

True, even though the Hyundai is the nicest looking of the 3, it's probably close to the Sentra depending on if it had a stick or not. Not sure but I think the 2001 got new hydraulic mounts and counterweights on the crank, so the 140 hp in the Tiburon is gonna be even smoother than before. It's crazy how Hyundai is able to keep up with styling. Freakin new Elantra has the "Bentley" rear treatment as does all the new cars. Nissan? Um, you mean round isn't in anymore? Uh, we just made the 5th gen look like a 97 Taurus, whadya mean round is out????? hahahaah Nissan gots to understand, cool music in your commercials doesn't make the car cool. You gotta design it in. Some lesser knowns are putting it to paper.
Old 12-27-2000, 03:29 PM

Re: Hyundai styling is current

Originally posted by Frank Fontaine
True, even though the Hyundai is the nicest looking of the 3,

are you kidding that tiboring is stupid
looking ,,,

it's probably close to the Sentra depending on if it had a stick or not. Not sure but I think the 2001 got new hydraulic mounts and counterweights on the crank, so the 140 hp in the Tiburon is gonna be even smoother than before.

Come on there is no comparing a hyundia
motor to a nissan motor....

It's crazy how Hyundai is able to keep up with styling. Freakin new Elantra has the "Bentley" rear treatment as does all the new cars. Nissan? Um, you mean round isn't in anymore? Uh, we just made the 5th gen look like a 97 Taurus, whadya mean round is out????? hahahaah Nissan gots to understand, cool music in your commercials doesn't make the car cool. You gotta design it in. Some lesser knowns are putting it to paper.

this guy has obviously never driven a
nissan ,,,,
Old 12-27-2000, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by RaySeNxSE-R
>dont you mean after the end of my third
>(92)you pull away?,,,,but that was when i
>just had cai,,, now i have ypipe
>and soon exhaust heheehheheh
>we will race again soon bro hehehe

No, when I go to 3rd is when I start gaining on you fast. And since you just told me your car only goes to 92 in 3rd and mine 100 that makes sense why you would see it as top of 3rd for you.

And by the time you have exhaust I will be boosting. ;-)

THats ok i will have my supercharger
soon just need a little more cash
hmmm maybe after tax return..:^)
Old 12-27-2000, 03:40 PM
RaySeNxSE-R

>it's probably close to the Sentra depending on
>if it had a stick

Um not. I have a friend whose girlfriend has a new tiboring and he said the 140hp engine was nothing like my cars 140hp stock. You have to remember that is peak hp and nothing what the gears, weight do to the 140hp. Plus the gearbox in the Sentra is very efficient. When will they start putting dyno plots on window stickers!

Old 12-27-2000, 03:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Hyundai styling is current

True, even though the Hyundai is the nicest looking of the 3, it's probably close to the Sentra depending on if it had a stick or not. Not sure but I think the 2001 got new hydraulic mounts and counterweights on the crank, so the 140 hp in the Tiburon is gonna be even smoother than before. It's crazy how Hyundai is able to keep up with styling. Freakin new Elantra has the "Bentley" rear treatment as does all the new cars. Nissan? Um, you mean round isn't in anymore? Uh, we just made the 5th gen look like a 97 Taurus, whadya mean round is out????? hahahaah Nissan gots to understand, cool music in your commercials doesn't make the car cool. You gotta design it in. Some lesser knowns are putting it to paper.
Dude, how could you even say the tiberon is a good looking car? Tell me how the maxima is rounder than the tiberon? The tiberon is like a rolling bubble.

I think you have it wrong buddy... someone should tell HYUNDAI that round isn't in anymore

The tiberon's 140 hp is gonna be smoother than ever? Great. Now one day hundai can dream of building an engine as smooth as the VQ.

Now... let's talk about hyundai biting everyone else's style... badly.

Elantra:

I see a whole lot of NISSAN in that front end...

It's ok though... you've still got America's best warranty. I'm sure you're gonna need it. =)

Chris

Old 12-27-2000, 03:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

more styling comparisons...

XG300:

Can you tell which one's the Infiniti I30?

Santa Fe:

Didn't Ford actually threaten to sue Hyundai to change the grill because it was too much like the escape?

Chris
Old 12-27-2000, 04:26 PM

Re: Re: Hyundai styling is current

I see a whole lot of NISSAN in that front end...
that's funny, cause most NISSAN drivers see a lot of hyundai in their rear view
Old 12-27-2000, 05:12 PM
RussMaxManiac

Yes it will, and I think I proved it at our texas meet to a few....

If your in texas, be glady to race you. My car is faster off the line because it is lighter, has shorter gearing. But the MAXIMA like I said will make its ground.

Old 12-27-2000, 05:14 PM
RussMaxManiac

Yes it will. I have taken 2 se-rs off the line, one heavily modded with I/H/E and he got me after 3rd gear, then a 91 with intake and I constatly beat him. The 91 that just had a intake, was my old car actually... The se-r has taller gears, the 2k has much shorter gears in 1st and 2nd. As I said, I proved it at the texas meet.

Russell wrote:

Now if the Max is an auto (slow) that might be a different story! ;-)

Old 12-27-2000, 06:00 PM

Russ wrote:

>Yes it will. I have taken 2 se-rs off
>the line,

Where they snoozing at the tree?

>one heavily modded with I/H/E and he
>got me after 3rd gear,

Thats not heavily modded. Where are the cams, and ecu?

>then a 91 with intake and I constatly
>beat him. The 91 that just had a

Tell Rick he needs to learn how to drive!
Old 12-27-2000, 06:58 PM

Just remember that we are talking about a Sentra vs. a Maxima, its like comparing A Kia to a Bmw. Ya you can make a sentra faster but your still driving a econo box, while the Maxima is a sports sedan.On a different note, isnt the Sentra getting a 180 engine in the next year or so? That could change things.
Old 12-27-2000, 08:10 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by SterlingMistMax
Russ wrote:

>Yes it will. I have taken 2 se-rs off
>the line,

Where they snoozing at the tree?

>one heavily modded with I/H/E and he
>got me after 3rd gear,

Thats not heavily modded. Where are the cams, and ecu?

>then a 91 with intake and I constatly
>beat him. The 91 that just had a

Tell Rick he needs to learn how to drive!
Umm no, 3 races each car? I don't think so.

Old 12-27-2000, 08:15 PM
RussMaxManiac

The MAXIMA just like the Sentra is a family sedan. The Sentra GXE is a econo box yes, but it is the Sports Sedan just like the MAXIMA. My Sentra SE has the LSD differential, 145HP sr20de same engine in the SE-R's over the past years, but has more power and punch. Car weights at 2650~lb, stock runs 15.7-15.9 1/4 times for a 5spd. With a CAI which I have, I have spanked so many cars, and that includes many cars that have more hp than mine. Like I said, I proved myself at the meet to a few, with a passenger named DON from Corpus was with me actually. Doesn't matter if its a SENTRA, it has short gearing, its faster in the 60ft than a maxima because of LSD and gearing. I use to own 3 maximas, I know what they can do. The MAXIMA is Torque yes, but it takes a bit to get into its powerband, this car is instant. Yes the new SE-R will have around 180+ hp 6spd, 17 inch wheels. And will be in the same body as the Sentra now, with 4 doors. Like I said, I should be running mid to low 15s now, I have ran many that run low 15s to mid, and I am either right next to them in a race or ahead or behind just by a hair, all depends. The onyl 5spd MAXIMA that will take me is a 5th gen. The 4th gens have no hope stock or slightly modded off the line. Again I know the potential of a maxima vs my car, I have owned both, you guys haven't.

Just remember that we are talking about a Sentra vs. a Maxima, its like comparing A Kia to a Bmw. Ya you can make a sentra faster but your still driving a econo box, while the Maxima is a sports sedan.On a different note, isnt the Sentra getting a 180 engine in the next year or so? That could change things.

Old 12-28-2000, 03:33 AM

Re: Re: Hyundai styling is current

looking ,,,

it's probably close to the Sentra depending on if it had a stick or not. Not sure but I think the 2001 got new hydraulic mounts and counterweights on the crank, so the 140 hp in the Tiburon is gonna be even smoother than before.

It's crazy how Hyundai is able to keep up with styling. Freakin new Elantra has the "Bentley" rear treatment as does all the new cars. Nissan? Um, you mean round isn't in anymore? Uh, we just made the 5th gen look like a 97 Taurus, whadya mean round is out????? hahahaah Nissan gots to understand, cool music in your commercials doesn't make the car cool. You gotta design it in. Some lesser knowns are putting it to paper.

nissan ,,,,
Obviously Junior. Owned the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen. The 2nd and 3rd were ahead of their times. 4th was good in 94-95. it's a stretch not to call the 5th gen ugly. The styling is so outdated and the car is only in its 2nd year. BTW it's spelled Hyundai boss.
Old 12-28-2000, 03:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: Hyundai styling is current

looking ,,,

nissan ,,,,
Obviously Junior. Owned the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gen. The 2nd and 3rd were ahead of their times. 4th was good in 94-95. it's a stretch not to call the 5th gen ugly. The styling is so outdated and the car is only in its 2nd year. BTW it's spelled Hyundai boss.

Who cares how its spelled its still junk
Old 12-28-2000, 04:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Russ2kSE
[I]The MAXIMA just like the Sentra is a family sedan. The Sentra GXE is a econo box yes, but it is the Sports Sedan just like the MAXIMA. My Sentra SE has the LSD differential, 145HP sr20de same engine in the SE-R's over the past years, but has more power and punch. Car weights at 2650~lb, stock runs 15.7-15.9 1/4 times for a 5spd. With a CAI which I have, I have spanked so many cars, and that includes many cars that have more hp than mine. Like I said, I proved myself at the meet to a few, with a passenger named DON from Corpus was with me actually. Doesn't matter if its a SENTRA, it has short gearing, its faster in the 60ft than a maxima because of LSD and gearing. I use to own 3 maximas, I know what they can do. The MAXIMA is Torque yes, but it takes a bit to get into its powerband, this car is instant. Yes the new SE-R will have around 180+ hp 6spd, 17 inch wheels. And will be in the same body as the Sentra now, with 4 doors. Like I said, I should be running mid to low 15s now, I have ran many that run low 15s to mid, and I am either right next to them in a race or ahead or behind just by a hair, all depends. The onyl 5spd MAXIMA that will take me is a 5th gen. The 4th gens have no hope stock or slightly modded off the line. Again I know the potential of a maxima vs my car, I have owned both, you guys haven't.

I'll just have to race one and see
if you are right ,,,but i dont think
you are ,,unless the 2000 is way faster
than the 98 se
Old 12-28-2000, 05:43 AM
RussMaxManiac

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SterlingMistMax
[I]
Originally posted by Russ2kSE
The MAXIMA just like the Sentra is a family sedan. The Sentra GXE is a econo box yes, but it is the Sports Sedan just like the MAXIMA. My Sentra SE has the LSD differential, 145HP sr20de same engine in the SE-R's over the past years, but has more power and punch. Car weights at 2650~lb, stock runs 15.7-15.9 1/4 times for a 5spd. With a CAI which I have, I have spanked so many cars, and that includes many cars that have more hp than mine. Like I said, I proved myself at the meet to a few, with a passenger named DON from Corpus was with me actually. Doesn't matter if its a SENTRA, it has short gearing, its faster in the 60ft than a maxima because of LSD and gearing. I use to own 3 maximas, I know what they can do. The MAXIMA is Torque yes, but it takes a bit to get into its powerband, this car is instant. Yes the new SE-R will have around 180+ hp 6spd, 17 inch wheels. And will be in the same body as the Sentra now, with 4 doors. Like I said, I should be running mid to low 15s now, I have ran many that run low 15s to mid, and I am either right next to them in a race or ahead or behind just by a hair, all depends. The onyl 5spd MAXIMA that will take me is a 5th gen. The 4th gens have no hope stock or slightly modded off the line. Again I know the potential of a maxima vs my car, I have owned both, you guys haven't.

than the 98 se
98 SE what? Sentra? LOL, that had a 1.6L buddy... 98 SE-R had the 2.0! And yes it is alot faster than the last SE-Rs that got detuned. Again why do you seem not to believe me? Do you see any one else doubting me? Because they know, some of them were there! Again, don't say what you don't know, and find a 5spd to run, there rare in a 5spd right now, so many autos..I had to wait for mine.

Old 12-28-2000, 07:04 AM

wow

I never thought of a sentra as a car that could even think about competing. I must say that im impressed...
Old 12-28-2000, 02:16 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Russ2kSE
[I]

than the 98 se
98 SE what? Sentra? LOL, that had a 1.6L buddy... 98 SE-R had the 2.0! And yes it is alot faster than the last SE-Rs that got detuned. Again why do you seem not to believe me? Do you see any one else doubting me? Because they know, some of them were there! Again, don't say what you don't know, and find a 5spd to run, there rare in a 5spd right now, so many autos..I had to wait for mine.

Yes im talking about the 98sentra se
and yes it does have the 2.0 liter sr20

all im saying is i want to find out
if your right ,,

Ok so who all thats
posted was there?
when russ did this?

If you can beat
my brother Rays 98Se--with every mod
there is then ill start to believe
what your telling me,,,,
hes on the se-r list (Ray Kawski)
Old 12-28-2000, 02:27 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

dont sleep on srd20e

i had a heavily modded 200sx ser stay neck and neck with me after the nopi show this year. and i wasnt holding back . if i had no max i would have any sentra or 200sx with the srd20e boosted and go civic hunting.

Old 12-28-2000, 02:43 PM
RussMaxManiac

Dude, the 98 SE does not have a SR20DE. Get it STRAIGHT! It has the 1.6L. The 99 SE has the SR20DE. The 98 SE-R has the SR20DE. 98 was the last year for the SE-R and the put the engine in the SE in 99.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SterlingMistMax
[I]

than the 98 se

Yes im talking about the 98sentra se
and yes it does have the 2.0 liter sr20

all im saying is i want to find out
if your right ,,

Ok so who all thats
posted was there?
when russ did this?

If you can beat
my brother Rays 98Se--with every mod
there is then ill start to believe
what your telling me,,,,
hes on the se-r list (Ray Kawski)

Old 12-28-2000, 02:59 PM

Dude, the 98 SE does not have a SR20DE. Get it STRAIGHT! It has the 1.6L. The 99 SE has the SR20DE. The 98 SE-R has the SR20DE. 98 was the last year for the SE-R and the put the engine in the SE in 99.

You want to bet me on this ?
The 98 Sentra se has the sr20
and so does the 200sx se-r
go on se-r net and ask and get back
to me,, after saying this i really
douqt you know what your talking
about. i dont have a sentra and i know
this ...

Old 12-28-2000, 03:02 PM

Why is Sentra so good?

Yes, apparently you can buy it for only $200 over the true dealer invoice, but is that necessarily a good deal? After all, there are some cars that don't sell. Many of us got 4th gen Maximas at similar prices plus Nissan gave another $2500 off, and yet we are still pretty much burned on resale. you really do get what you pay for. Unless nissan gives at least 7 grand off list I'd steer clear. It's so funny how many people don't believe that you get what you pay for. They convince themselves that they got so much more than they paid. Not pointing fingers just asking for a reality check.
Old 12-28-2000, 03:05 PM
RaySeNxSE-R

>Sentra vs. a Maxima, its like comparing
>A Kia to a Bmw.

Um are you an idiot! Its nothing like that. The Max is not a BMW and the Sentra is *NOT* a Kia. They are made by the same manufacturer. Furthermore the Sentra SE-R was built in 91 and was faster then the Maxima up until your 4th generation started.

>Ya you can make a sentra faster but your still
>driving a econo box, while the Maxima is a
>sports sedan.

Your point. If you are so cool why are you driving a Maxima and not a BMW? I see that some people who drive Maximas are just as stupid as people who drive Honduhs and other cars. You would think with the cost of the Max it would weed out the morons.

>180 engine in the next year or so?

Way to contradict yourself. They just made it faster. Its still just an econobox.

RK

Old 12-28-2000, 03:19 PM

Re: dont sleep on srd20e

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nismo2020
[I]i had a heavily modded 200sx ser stay neck and neck with me after the nopi show this year. and i wasnt holding back . if i had no max i would have any sentra or 200sx with the srd20e boosted and go civic hunting.

I would probly have a 91sentra
as a second car but my brother keeps
buying all of them LOL
Old 12-28-2000, 03:24 PM
RaySeNxSE-R

Russ wrote:

>Dude, the 98 SE does not have a SR20DE.

Where have you been. You obviously fell out of the loop when you left the se-r list the last time.

>Get it STRAIGHT! It has the 1.6L.

No it doesn't. You obviously didn't do your homework.

>The 99 SE has the SR20DE. The 98 SE-R has the SR20DE.

Correct!

>98 was the last year for the SE-R

Correct!

>the engine in the SE in 99.

No the SR20 was in the 98 Sentra SE. It was in 98 when they introduced the B14 Sentra SE. The only difference between the 98 and 99 is the head and tail lights and the SE Limited badges on the 99. Only other difference is that all 99's where made in Mexico and 98's where a split run.

I drove a 2000 Sentra SE and it seemed peppy but I was driving a rental auto max at the time. So I couldn't compare it to my 98 Sentra SE, the 91 NX2000 or the 91 Sentra SE-R. Stock for Stock the 00 is quicker then 98 or 99. But even my car equiped with PRI CAI, Hotshot G3 Header, Greddy Exhaust, JWT S3 cams, JWT ECU, and 96 VLSD equipped tranny doesn't outrun a max to 60 on street tires. No with tire pressures adjusted or running on slicks I'm sure the max have a chance but thats not fair is it. ;-)

BTW Russ stop posting the picture of your car we know what it looks like. Or do you keep posting it so you don't forget?

RK

Old 12-28-2000, 04:06 PM
RussMaxManiac

Okay my bad, I was wrong. I never knew that till now. 98 SE 4 door, 98 SE-R 2 door.
I do apologize. But I will tell you that a 98 with many mods will still not take me. It will be DAM close. Ran one at the meet too, with a MIATA as well, me and him weren't actually racing, but we played, and he couldn't leave me. He had I/H/E, Pulleys, NOS (not in use), and many other mods, and dynoed about 3 hp more than me that day.

You want to bet me on this ?
The 98 Sentra se has the sr20
and so does the 200sx se-r
go on se-r net and ask and get back
to me,, after saying this i really
douqt you know what your talking
about. i dont have a sentra and i know
this ...

Old 12-28-2000, 04:12 PM
RussMaxManiac

Picture is in my sig....like everyone elses. Yep, as above I corrected myself. I was unaware of that. Yep, when I sold my 91 SE-R, it was faster than my SENTRA SE 2k, and defintely felt that stock for stock, but now after bumpign the timing from 12 to 17 1/2, and installing a PR CAI, the car is now as fast as my 91 se-r was. I ran my old se-r 3 times 2 weeks ago and I pulled in 1st and 2nd gear to 1 car, each time, 3rd was even till I let off on top of 3rd gear. He may have eventually caught up to me. I have a video of me racing one a 91 se-r with H/E as well, got him off the line the same way, and he passed me slowly by 4th gear. The 2k dynos more than a 91-99 SE or SE-R stock, but it is slightly heavier.

Russ wrote:

>Dude, the 98 SE does not have a SR20DE.

Where have you been. You obviously fell out of the loop when you left the se-r list the last time.

>Get it STRAIGHT! It has the 1.6L.

No it doesn't. You obviously didn't do your homework.

>The 99 SE has the SR20DE. The 98 SE-R has the SR20DE.

Correct!

>98 was the last year for the SE-R

Correct!

>the engine in the SE in 99.

No the SR20 was in the 98 Sentra SE. It was in 98 when they introduced the B14 Sentra SE. The only difference between the 98 and 99 is the head and tail lights and the SE Limited badges on the 99. Only other difference is that all 99's where made in Mexico and 98's where a split run.

I drove a 2000 Sentra SE and it seemed peppy but I was driving a rental auto max at the time. So I couldn't compare it to my 98 Sentra SE, the 91 NX2000 or the 91 Sentra SE-R. Stock for Stock the 00 is quicker then 98 or 99. But even my car equiped with PRI CAI, Hotshot G3 Header, Greddy Exhaust, JWT S3 cams, JWT ECU, and 96 VLSD equipped tranny doesn't outrun a max to 60 on street tires. No with tire pressures adjusted or running on slicks I'm sure the max have a chance but thats not fair is it. ;-)

BTW Russ stop posting the picture of your car we know what it looks like. Or do you keep posting it so you don't forget?

RK

Old 12-28-2000, 04:40 PM
RaySeNxSE-R

Russ wrote:

>Picture is in my sig

Lame. Makes it take forever to load. Plus the pic is huge!

>But I will tell you that a 98 with many mods will
>still not take me

Okay Russ your dyno that isn't posted, showed you at 124hp/123tq. Granted you said it didn't work. But you say it should be 130-138 are those butt dyno numbers? Butt dynos aren't reliable. I'll give you 135hp since stock 2000 makes 126hp. Thats 9hp for CAI and timing together (and thats pushing it.) So even at 135 your still 15hp lower then my car and 9 ft-lbs less then my car. Plus you have more weight then my car and I have 1100rpms in each gear over you. So I couldn't imagine me *NOT* taking you. Come to the 2001 SE-R convention on the east coast and we'll see how fast your car is on a road course.

Link to my dyno runs.
http://www.noln.com/~rkawski/pics/dyno.jpg

The last run is after resetting the ECU since I was having problems running the 96 ECU in the 98. That problem has since been fixed.

RK

Old 12-28-2000, 05:15 PM
RussMaxManiac

Again let me remind you that you seemed to have forgetten to mention, the dyno machine was HAVING PROBLEMS. It was not showing accurate #'s at all. That 98 SE-R I told you about only dynoed 126 at the wheels! With nos it did 176 at the wheels with a 50 shot. A 91 SE-R did 123 hp at the wheels with a INTAKE and bumped timing. The car stock dynos 126hp at the wheels, if you put a CAI, it gains near 10 hp, so around 135 at the wheels hp it will have. I never said YOU could not take me...that was not the discussion, I said I HAVE TAKEN several maximas and se-rs.

Russ wrote:

>Picture is in my sig

Lame. Makes it take forever to load. Plus the pic is huge!

>But I will tell you that a 98 with many mods will
>still not take me

Okay Russ your dyno that isn't posted, showed you at 124hp/123tq. Granted you said it didn't work. But you say it should be 130-138 are those butt dyno numbers? Butt dynos aren't reliable. I'll give you 135hp since stock 2000 makes 126hp. Thats 9hp for CAI and timing together (and thats pushing it.) So even at 135 your still 15hp lower then my car and 9 ft-lbs less then my car. Plus you have more weight then my car and I have 1100rpms in each gear over you. So I couldn't imagine me *NOT* taking you. Come to the 2001 SE-R convention on the east coast and we'll see how fast your car is on a road course.

Link to my dyno runs.
http://www.noln.com/~rkawski/pics/dyno.jpg

The last run is after resetting the ECU since I was having problems running the 96 ECU in the 98. That problem has since been fixed.

RK

Old 12-28-2000, 08:38 PM

Guys don't underestimate the Sentra's....

I don't know why I waited so long to post hehe. As you can see in my sig I have a 91 se-r with intake and timing. I have raced Russ twice after the dyno. His car always put his rear wheels at my front bumper. But in 3rd gear my car was creeping back on him, If we did a 1/4 run we would Tie or I would finish by a bumper or less. I have also raced a 4th gen 5spd with CAI, Y pipe and exhaust. The result we were dead even from 1-3 gears, he walked me hard in 4th gear. We did about 5 runs from various rollon speeds and the result was the same. Below 80mph we are even, above that and he walks me good. With a broken tranny mount my se-r struggled to run a 15.9 at 86mph. Its pretty heavy at 2590lbs, 2740lbs with me. My intake is a POS generic one, once I get the CAI I'll see how many quick this se-r is.
Old 12-29-2000, 11:30 PM
RaySeNxSE-R

Russ you wrote:

>Again let me remind you that you seemed to
>have forgetten to mention, the dyno machine was
>HAVING PROBLEMS. It was not showing accurate #'s at all.

However I wrote earlier:

>Granted you said it didn't work.

I did say it!

>98 SE-R I told you about only dynoed 126 at the wheels!

With what mods?

>A 91 SE-R did 123 hp at the wheels with a INTAKE and

Sounds wrong that a 98 w/ ****ty cams would dyno higher then a 91. Either the 98 has 91 or JWT cams or the 91 has compression problems.

>if you put a CAI, it gains near 10 hp, so
>around 135 at the

Um where did you get that number from? Keep in mind they say it adds 10hp but that is not added to the peak HP. That 10hp could be at 2000rpms. And maybe only add 2HP at the HP peak. Unless you have dyno numbers to prove it I can't see it making 10hp at peak.

>I never said YOU could not take me...

? Didn't you write this:

>But I will tell you that a 98 with many mods
>will still not take me

98 what SR20 or Maxima?

>that was not the discussion,

So.

And you know what I will be able to see how fast a 2001 Sentra SE is compared to a modded 98 and a 99 Max, because my other brother's fiance just bought one.

RK

Old 12-29-2000, 11:39 PM

Russ you wrote:

>Again let me remind you that you seemed to
>have forgetten to mention, the dyno machine was
>HAVING PROBLEMS. It was not showing accurate #'s at all.

However I wrote earlier:

>Granted you said it didn't work.

I did say it!

>98 SE-R I told you about only dynoed 126 at the wheels!

With what mods?

>A 91 SE-R did 123 hp at the wheels with a INTAKE and

Sounds wrong that a 98 w/ ****ty cams would dyno higher then a 91. Either the 98 has 91 or JWT cams or the 91 has compression problems.

>if you put a CAI, it gains near 10 hp, so
>around 135 at the

Um where did you get that number from? Keep in mind they say it adds 10hp but that is not added to the peak HP. That 10hp could be at 2000rpms. And maybe only add 2HP at the HP peak. Unless you have dyno numbers to prove it I can't see it making 10hp at peak.

>I never said YOU could not take me...

? Didn't you write this:

>But I will tell you that a 98 with many mods
>will still not take me

98 what SR20 or Maxima?

>that was not the discussion,

So.

And you know what I will be able to see how fast a 2001 Sentra SE is compared to a modded 98 and a 99 Max, because my other brother's fiance just bought one.

RK

Yes and then we can say what is
faster with someone who actually knows
how to drive muah hahhhahahahahahahah