General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Tires for 95 SE

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2000, 09:00 AM
LuvSpeed

I dont think that i watn to spend the money on buying aftermarket wheels for my car so i think i am gonna stick with the stockers. But i will prolly need to buy new tires sometime in the future, so i wanted to get your opinion on the Pirelli P6000 Veloce tires. They seem like they would be a good all-season, performance oriented choice in my size, 215/60 15".

Old 09-09-2000, 10:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have these tires on my Max. and it is the second set that I have had. I like them and think they do well in CA weather, but others have complained about them. The only complaints I have are they don't last that long. My first set on lasted about 35K (maybe a little more). Also, I wasn't the one who bought them in the first place for my car (they came with them on when I bought the car from my mom) and didn't realize how much of a difference there is between a new set and ones that are at the wear mark. There was a really big differance as far as I'm concerned. They were good at the end, but when the new set was put on it was pretty much like night and day IMHO. I still like the tires and for the price I got on tirerack ($62/tire) they do a good job of sticking to the road, but don't expect them to last as long as other sets of tires that you may pay a little more for.
Old 09-10-2000, 07:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

There is alot to say about sticking with the 15 rims. Have you every wondered why the 95-96 Maxima is quicker then 97-99's? I believe it has to do with several things. OBDII, they are heavier (bigger bumpers), plus they went to 16" rims.

Bigger rims weigh more and take longer to get going. I wish when bought my 17's that I would have done more research into it. As it turns out the one's that I bought weigh quite a bit more then the stockers. Oh well, I think they look better but you've got more get up and go then I do.

I have the Pirelli 4000's on my truck. They seem to be a fine tire. They do slip a little in the rain but keep in mind, this is a truck.

Take a look at Miata.net's <a href ="http://www.miata.net/products/wheels/">tire review</a> area. They are a different size then what you're after but may help some for ya.

Regards Wizeguy
Old 09-10-2000, 07:47 AM

I just got Firestones...

Originally posted by LuvSpeed
I dont think that i watn to spend the money on buying aftermarket wheels for my car so i think i am gonna stick with the stockers. But i will prolly need to buy new tires sometime in the future, so i wanted to get your opinion on the Pirelli P6000 Veloce tires. They seem like they would be a good all-season, performance oriented choice in my size, 215/60 15".

I just bought a new set of Firestone Firehawk SH30s for my 95SE...
I've never bought Firestones before, and I was a bit concerned over the Ford Explorer recalls, but I was assured that if I didn't like them, I could bring them back and get the Bridgestone RE930s that I originally considered.
All I can say is WOW! Are these Firestones great!
The first day I had them on, I had driven through a Monsoon (It rained 4 inches in 3 hours) and it had awesome traction.
I also did a 135 MPH run (after the rain, of course), and the car felt like it was on rails.
I know a lot of people wouldn't consider owning Firestones, but the SH30s are worth a consideration.
Besides, since they are hurting for business right now, I was able to get these tires for $61 each...that's cheaper than the TireRack pricing.