General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

www.NitrousMini.com a joke?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 09:14 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

www.NitrousMini.com a joke?

Found this crap on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1874919810
Old 12-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

cool! then we could install a lil indicator on the dash somewhere indicating how many "nitros" we have left.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:34 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

my vote is

the description is way too vague....in theory it seems great(I guess), but I don't buy it over a REAL system.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:08 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

But yhea, a sucker is born every minute.
Old 12-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

Thats like sticking whip cream charges into your intake.

Old 12-18-2002, 10:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 12-18-2002, 11:01 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by clee130

can I use those in my BB gun too?? freaking 75,000FPS!!!!
Old 12-19-2002, 12:03 AM

lol - dont buy that
Old 12-19-2002, 05:52 AM
It's chrome alright...

if he's legit, why did he make his feedback private? And I have a hard time believing the exact same kit is effective *and* fits 24 different model cars.

and clee, that's some funny graphic!

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
lol - dont buy that
Old 12-19-2002, 07:36 AM
RussMaxManiac

I wouldn't trust it either, but its probably a universal kit like NOS in a bag. Very universal, plugs into your cig lighter for power, and you just run the hose to your intake and yoru done. Bottle in back seat.

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
if he's legit, why did he make his feedback private? And I have a hard time believing the exact same kit is effective *and* fits 24 different model cars.

and clee, that's some funny graphic!

Old 12-19-2002, 07:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
I wouldn't trust it either, but its probably a universal kit like NOS in a bag. Very universal, plugs into your cig lighter for power, and you just run the hose to your intake and yoru done. Bottle in back seat.

THIS IS OLD probably not legit......if it was legit somebody here would have it already.....

Did you happen to notice that their spray nozzle is the needle for an air pump.

BOB: "Hey Jim, can I borrow your air pump needle?"

JIM: "Sure Bob, what do you need it for?"
"I need a different jet to tune my Mini Nitrous system on my car. That needle is a 3 shot"
BOB: "A 3 shot, you sure you don't mean a thirty shot?"
JIM: "No dude, a three shot. I do not want to unsafely run nitrous in my ride"

Old 12-19-2002, 07:57 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by dlicari

THIS IS OLD probably not legit......if it was legit somebody here would have it already.....
Have what? Nos in a bag? I know a whole bunch of people who have it. Works great. If you are afraid of the dealers, and want something portable, this is the best NOS kit to get. You have a switch you hold in your hand (push button) which activates it. Comes with a 10lb bottle, gauge, etc. $200-250 bucks it is pretty damn good deal.

Friend has it in his GTI, for over 1 year, never a problem. He ran 13.8 from his 14.9 with a small shot with this kit.

Old 12-19-2002, 08:01 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Have what? Nos in a bag? I know a whole bunch of people who have it. Works great. If you are afraid of the dealers, and want something portable, this is the best NOS kit to get. You have a switch you hold in your hand (push button) which activates it. Comes with a 10lb bottle, gauge, etc. $200-250 bucks it is pretty damn good deal.

Friend has it in his GTI, for over 1 year, never a problem. He ran 13.8 from his 14.9 with a small shot with this kit.
This exact kit huh? I kind of doubt it was this exact kit..........
Old 12-19-2002, 08:07 AM

If you are afraid of the dealers,
What does that mean??
Old 12-19-2002, 08:11 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by dlicari

This exact kit huh? I kind of doubt it was this exact kit..........
I never said it was this kit this guy is talking about. NOS in a bag is a different manufacture, kit, whatever completely.

Anyways, afraid of the dealers meaning voiding your warranty for having a NOS system in your car. All the wiring, relays, solnoids, etc would have to be removed. But then you still have a hole in your intake for it as well.

Old 12-19-2002, 08:17 AM

i smell
Old 12-19-2002, 08:56 AM
RussMaxManiac

Here si the kit I was talking about..

http://www.compucarnitrous.com/street_heat.jpg

Just a link to some reviews of a few owners of it.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...trous+in+a+bag

Old 12-19-2002, 09:13 AM

Here si the kit I was talking about..

http://www.compucarnitrous.com/street_heat.jpg

Just a link to some reviews of a few owners of it.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...trous+in+a+bag
so your saying i could be runing 15 sec or lower in my vg stock engine with just an intake??? hrmm..i would like to see taht.. but the kit that site is explaining is a bag.. the one on e-bay uses caps??? wtf...
Old 12-19-2002, 09:16 AM

Whippits for your car!
Old 12-19-2002, 09:16 AM

Alright, which 16 of you guys bid on the Maxima kit? Fess up...
Old 12-19-2002, 09:19 AM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by crazy4maxima

so your saying i could be runing 15 sec or lower in my vg stock engine with just an intake??? hrmm..i would like to see taht.. but the kit that site is explaining is a bag.. the one on e-bay uses caps??? wtf...
I JUST SAID ITS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT KIT. I don't trust the one that this post was about originally. If you want a reliable cheap one, get the NOS in a bag.

Old 12-19-2002, 09:20 AM

I JUST SAID ITS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT KIT. I don't trust the one that this post was about originally. If you want a reliable cheap one, get the NOS in a bag.

nos in a bag is the same as the ones taht cost 400+.. but its portable. one question. will it kill my max.. 91 gxe vg motor with 174Kon it.
Old 12-19-2002, 09:40 AM

It's "Nitrous in-a-bag" NOT Naaaawz in a bag!

Man that's an interesting idea, but RISKY for anything buy small azz shots. Your relying PURELY on your 02-sensors reacting fast enough for your ECU to compensate with extra fuel.

I thought you would inject the N20 before the MAF, so it was predetermined but from the websites, that doesn't seem like the way it works.

http://www.compucarnitrous.com/690310.htm

Good find Russ!
Old 12-19-2002, 09:46 AM
RussMaxManiac

Gotta remember, we rely on that now without
ECU.

Originally posted by IceY2K1

It's "Nitrous in-a-bag" NOT Naaaawz in a bag!

Man that's an interesting idea, but RISKY for anything buy small azz shots. Your relying PURELY on your 02-sensors reacting fast enough for your ECU to compensate with extra fuel.

I thought you would inject the N20 before the MAF, so it was predetermined but from the websites, that doesn't seem like the way it works.

http://www.compucarnitrous.com/690310.htm

Good find Russ!

Old 12-19-2002, 10:10 AM

I JUST SAID ITS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT KIT. I don't trust the one that this post was about originally.
You really did imply in your first post that the Mini-nitrous system was a good buy. You made it seem that it was comparable to your friends "nitrous in a bag". If they are completely different systems they why bring it up in this post.
That is like saying "The tornado air can't be so bad, I have a friend with a V2 supercharger".
Old 12-19-2002, 10:20 AM

Originally posted by I30tMikeD

You really did imply in your first post that the Mini-nitrous system was a good buy. You made it seem that it was comparable to your friends "nitrous in a bag". If they are completely different systems they why bring it up in this post.
That is like saying "The tornado air can't be so bad, I have a friend with a V2 supercharger".
Old 12-19-2002, 10:40 AM
It's chrome alright...

no he didn't... which part of "I wouldn't trust it either" implies "good buy"? Everything after "I wouldn't trust it either" is a comment on my post about it fitting in 24 different makes/models of cars, and I was commenting that something that "universal" probably isn't tuned to a maxima so probably either a)isn't going to give good results or b)can damage the car.

I guess the 'nitrous in a bag' kit proves me wrong but it doesn't support this product.

Originally posted by I30tMikeD

Old 12-19-2002, 11:16 AM

Actually, you are correct! I wasn't, however....

ECU.
Dry kits such as NOS, ZEX, VENOM, etc... INCREASE fuel pressure AT THE SAME TIME nitrous is being added. "N20 in a bag" does NOT! You're depending on the OPEN loop WOT rich conditon that factory ECUs default too. So, you're limited to SMALL N20 shots because you'll reach a too lean condition.

In OPEN loop, your 02-sensors will not cause the ECU to increase injector pulse width(only closed loop). Therefore, with the "N20 in a bag" you are limited to the FACTORY programmed rich A/F ratio during OPEN loop. However, with OTHER dry kits you can sustain the rich A/F ratio during OPEN loop by increasing the fuel pressure.
Old 12-19-2002, 12:02 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Actually, you are correct! I wasn't, however....

ICE, Nos in a bag is just like a NOS system installed on any car. Unless you have a fuel pressure regulator, or a ECU controlling that, all the nos kits are the same. I have installed nos kits on cars this is the way it works.

The MAF reads and changes the mixture once it notices the difference in temp and air when the NOS kicks in. Your O2s all they do is tell you and the ECU if the engine is running lean or rich and adjust to fix. NOS systems do not adjust it for you, your ECU on the car does.

This NOS system works the same way. Your ECU has to adjust for all the changes. You put it in front of the MAF, so it will get correct readings and you are fine.

It works the same as any NOS system, just without the hassle of installing it.

Dry kits such as NOS, ZEX, VENOM, etc... INCREASE fuel pressure AT THE SAME TIME nitrous is being added. "N20 in a bag" does NOT! You're depending on the OPEN loop WOT rich conditon that factory ECUs default too. So, you're limited to SMALL N20 shots because you'll reach a too lean condition.

In OPEN loop, your 02-sensors will not cause the ECU to increase injector pulse width(only closed loop). Therefore, with the "N20 in a bag" you are limited to the FACTORY programmed rich A/F ratio during OPEN loop. However, with OTHER dry kits you can sustain the rich A/F ratio during OPEN loop by increasing the fuel pressure.

Old 12-19-2002, 12:09 PM

Re: Re: Actually, you are correct! I wasn't, however....

ICE, Nos in a bag is just like a NOS system installed on any car. Unless you have a fuel pressure regulator, or a ECU controlling that, all the nos kits are the same. I have installed nos kits on cars this is the way it works.

The MAF reads and changes the mixture once it notices the difference in temp and air when the NOS kicks in. Your O2s all they do is tell you and the ECU if the engine is running lean or rich and adjust to fix. NOS systems do not adjust it for you, your ECU on the car does.

This NOS system works the same way. Your ECU has to adjust for all the changes. You put it in front of the MAF, so it will get correct readings and you are fine.

sounds so damn easy.. but whats the cons as opposed to an installed NOS system..
btw how much is it to refill a tank?
Old 12-19-2002, 12:35 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: Re: Re: Actually, you are correct! I wasn't, however....

Originally posted by crazy4maxima

sounds so damn easy.. but whats the cons as opposed to an installed NOS system..
btw how much is it to refill a tank?
Same as any Nos system pros and Cons really. It has more Pros than Cons though.

Refill, 10lb bottle just like anywhere.

Pros, can be installed and removed within 10 minutes. dealer will never know you had it in your car if you have a problem. But of course if you blew the engine apart by doing something wrong, yeah they would know. Just stock the nozzle in the intake, button in hand, power in cig lighter, bottle in back seat or trunk,. and wala, you got NOS by demand.

Old 12-19-2002, 12:53 PM

Re: Re: Actually, you are correct! I wasn't, however....

Russ, does the compucar kit increase fuel pressure? If it doesn't, then it's not the same as any other dry nitrous kit. The ECU on the car does not adjust for rich/lean when the nitrous is activated. You're at full throttle and the ECU is in closed loop mode, so it's not reading the O2's or adjusting anything. You're bumping fuel pressure in the system which is causing the injectors to spray more fuel. The ECU has no part in controlling the fuel. That's why you have to tune the fuel/nitrous jets. The ECU isn't adjusting anything.

On a 4th gen anyways, you're spraying after the MAF, right into the throttle body. Explain how the MAF is reading anything then?

Old 12-19-2002, 01:14 PM

Originally posted by Shadow
Russ, does the compucar kit increase fuel pressure? If it doesn't, then it's not the same as any other dry nitrous kit. The ECU on the car does not adjust for rich/lean when the nitrous is activated. You're at full throttle and the ECU is in closed loop mode, so it's not reading the O2's or adjusting anything. You're bumping fuel pressure in the system which is causing the injectors to spray more fuel. The ECU has no part in controlling the fuel. That's why you have to tune the fuel/nitrous jets. The ECU isn't adjusting anything.

On a 4th gen anyways, you're spraying after the MAF, right into the throttle body. Explain how the MAF is reading anything then?

ECU.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:24 PM

The Compucar does NOT increase fuel pressure. Also, when you are at WOT the ECU is in OPEN loop. I know what you meant.

4th and 5th gens spray AFTER the MAF and BEFORE the TB, so the MAF does not account for the extra oxygen/cooling of N20.

So, on the Compucar "N20 in a bag" you are relying 100% on your STATIC factory predetermined RICH A/F ratio, which limits the size shot you can run.

ALL other dry kits increase fuel pressure allowing a DYNAMIC A/F ratio that you tune with the N20 and fuel jets, therefore you can run MUCH LARGER size shots.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:25 PM
RussMaxManiac

You guys are VERY WRONG. Put your car on the dyno and hit the spray. You will see the ECU increase the amount of gas into the engien to compensate.

MOST nos systems do not COME WITH a fuel pressure regulator. Let me REPEAT, MOST do NOT! You can add one if you wish. But every DAMN nos kit from NOS, NX, ZEX I have installed did not have a fuel pressure regulator. The ECU WILL adjust for these conditions as much as it can in its threshold.

So, since your the master of this, please prove to me from a installers stand point that I am wrong. How many systems have you installed? Probably none. Your not supoose to spray after the MAF. Your asking for trouble. **** people, take it from a master that has done it for years, DON In Corpus. Since I learn from the best. :P Oh yeah, Climax (The original one too).

Old 12-19-2002, 01:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Actually, you are correct! I wasn't, however....

I just saw Russ keep arguing after you posted so I thought I'd throw that up.

The Compucar does NOT increase fuel pressure. Also, when you are at WOT the ECU is in OPEN loop. I know what you meant.

4th and 5th gens spray AFTER the MAF and BEFORE the TB, so the MAF does not account for the extra oxygen/cooling of N20.

So, on the Compucar "N20 in a bag" you are relying 100% on your STATIC factory predetermined RICH A/F ratio, which limits the size shot you can run.

ALL other dry kits increase fuel pressure allowing a DYNAMIC A/F ratio that you tune with the N20 and fuel jets, therefore you can run MUCH LARGER size shots.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: www.NitrousMini.com a joke?

Found this crap on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1874919810
I'll use the cartridges for my Daisy.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:28 PM
RussMaxManiac

Until you have installed NOS systems and know how they work, please don't post the BS anymore. Your info is false. Someone who knows NOS here needs to post, not people who do not even have it.

Really, All other kits do not come with a fuel pressure regulator, so how do they increase the FUEL? HMMm, ECU does it. lol! Your factory conditions CHANGE when you do things to your car. You have a threshold of space you can move in. Ever since I put the headers on my car, it has become very RICH running. WOW! the ECU readjusted it self. But wait, it can't per what you say. lol

Old 12-19-2002, 01:32 PM

Russ I got 4-words for ya!

Until you have installed NOS systems and know how they work, please don't post the BS anymore. Your info is false. Someone who knows NOS here needs to post, not people who do not even have it.

Really, All other kits do not come with a fuel pressure regulator, so how do they increase the FUEL? HMMm, ECU does it. lol! Your factory conditions CHANGE when you do things to your car. You have a threshold of space you can move in. Ever since I put the headers on my car, it has become very RICH running. WOW! the ECU readjusted it self. But wait, it can't per what you say. lol

FACTORY FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

Russ you are wrong. I don't feel like arguing anymore.
Old 12-19-2002, 01:33 PM

Um, Russ, it's not the ECU that's doing it. It's the fuel pressure riser.

My NOS kit came with a regulator (not really a regulator, but it taps into the factory fuel pressure regulator and increases the pressure) as do all others. What do you think the fuel bypass is for? It taps into the vacuum line of your fuel system. that's why there are 2 solenoids with the NOS kit and a fuel pressure safety switch. If it were the ECU controlling things, would you need to increase fuel pressure?

If you're not supposed to spray after the MAF, how come Thomas (SX7R) did it? He doesn't know anything about nitrous? How come just about every other person on this board sprays after the MAF? How come Matt sprays after the MAF? Why does NOS give you instructions on how to tap into your freaking throttle body (which of course is after the MAF) if you're not supposed to do it.

And I've installed 3 nitrous kits, 2 NOS and 1 NX.

You guys are VERY WRONG. Put your car on the dyno and hit the spray. You will see the ECU increase the amount of gas into the engien to compensate.

MOST nos systems do not COME WITH a fuel pressure regulator. Let me REPEAT, MOST do NOT! You can add one if you wish. But every DAMN nos kit from NOS, NX, ZEX I have installed did not have a fuel pressure regulator. The ECU WILL adjust for these conditions as much as it can in its threshold.

So, since your the master of this, please prove to me from a installers stand point that I am wrong. How many systems have you installed? Probably none. Your not supoose to spray after the MAF. Your asking for trouble. **** people, take it from a master that has done it for years, DON In Corpus. Since I learn from the best. :P Oh yeah, Climax (The original one too).

Quick Reply: www.NitrousMini.com a joke?