General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

caught a guy stealin my stereo this morning.!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2001, 09:17 AM
i SeE what you did therE

i was walking out to my max and i happened to look at my cavalier. there was this guy in my back seat.. with MY tools from the trunk taking @$%#$&*. i yelled and started to chase him, but he went into the woods.... he stole my amps, electronic crossover and my head unit.... busted all kinds of stuff up...damn... he broke in through the small back window... the cops said there has been a string of robberies...

i am soo oooooo pissed

jeff
Old 01-06-2001, 09:24 AM

that's incredible

you should've caught him and beat the living hell out out of him.

Old 01-06-2001, 09:32 AM
Got Bent?

Woah...thats some messed up ****...Sorry to hear about it
Old 01-06-2001, 09:33 AM

are you saying you saw him while he was still inside the car, and you were not able to catch him??
Old 01-06-2001, 09:54 AM

damn..that sucks
coulda been worse tho... what if he didnt care that you were chasing him and pulled out a weapon
Old 01-06-2001, 10:06 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

holy ****....

Thats crazy,
Its weird, he had all that stuff he took, he was in the car when you saw him too, and you couldn't catch him still? No offense or anything dude... I would have ran till my legs fell off, or thrown something at him. Sorry to hear about that.

Old 01-06-2001, 10:07 AM

hmmmmmm, i would have got him if he was in the back seat...
Old 01-06-2001, 10:09 AM

car jackers beware!

Hell yeah! I would have kicked his *** hard core. Bust some kung foo stuff on his *** and let him know not to mess with any maxima owners! And one good thing about the club is that it is used as a weapon to bash a thief in action!
Old 01-06-2001, 10:22 AM

the guy...

I can run pretty fast, and with a thousands of dollars of damage at stake I would have NEVER let him get away no matter who he is. I would have had so much adrenaline that guy would have been caught!

PJ
Old 01-06-2001, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by redmaxpa007
i was walking out to my max and i happened to look at my cavalier. there was this guy in my back seat.. with MY tools from the trunk taking @$%#$&*. i yelled and started to chase him, but he went into the woods.... he stole my amps, electronic crossover and my head unit.... busted all kinds of stuff up...damn... he broke in through the small back window... the cops said there has been a string of robberies...

i am soo oooooo pissed

jeff
Sorry to hear that. As for all the brave talk I'm reading about kickin' a$$, I'm sure I would have *come up lame* in a hurry if the guy I was after was a head taller and 50-lbs heavier than myself! If you got out in the woods with him, he could then turn about, stab you, and *still* get away, no matter *how* big he was. You did the right thing. All you could do was call the cops.
Old 01-06-2001, 11:34 AM
Jesse

that sucks

He woulda been shot if it were my car.

Old 01-06-2001, 11:44 AM

where do you live?

if you are in texas you can shoot him!
Old 01-06-2001, 11:48 AM

hmm

I agree with some of the others, I feel really bad for you bro, but you came out and he was in the backseat of your car, how the hell did he run off with an amp and stereo equipment with you standing right there and then run away from you carying all that crap? Should have snuck up on him instead of yelling, and them beat him senseless in your car, then called the cops.
Old 01-06-2001, 01:12 PM

I agree with "bullseye" 100%.

I don't understand why people here are all posting about how you let the guy get away? Maybe all these people live like in the country or a really safe city or something, but where I come from, you can get shot if you confront a car thief like that. You did the right thing. No matter how much money it costs to fix the damage to your car, hey man, it's only money, and it's replaceable, unlike your life.

Old 01-06-2001, 01:43 PM

Re: where do you live?

Even if he does live in TX, not everyone will shoot someone over $1000 radio equipment.
Seriously, if someone is stealing your stuff on your property, and you are aware that your state law grant you the rights to shoot and kill him, will you really shoot him dead just because he is stealing?
Think about that.
Old 01-06-2001, 02:16 PM

Re: Re: where do you live?

Originally posted by WoodEar
Even if he does live in TX, not everyone will shoot someone over $1000 radio equipment.
Seriously, if someone is stealing your stuff on your property, and you are aware that your state law grant you the rights to shoot and kill him, will you really shoot him dead just because he is stealing?
Think about that.
Why not? I'd probably aim at their legs, kneecaps, or somethin like that. Too bad I live in CA...
Old 01-06-2001, 05:01 PM

time to carry some

WEAPONS bat under seat crowbar in tha trunk 45 in the glove jk
Old 01-06-2001, 05:56 PM
JC
Donating Maxima.org Member

I know how you fell

When one day i whent home little early than usual and took a nap, then woke up and caught my landlady's son in law in my kitchen, i asked what'up he just mumbled them i got closer to him but the anger got me blind that i just when evil on his *** and scorted him dounstairs with a busted nose. Stupid thoght wasn't home since a was driving my buddy's 2.2CL and he had my MAX. After all i found he broke a rib when i kicked him on the floor. Therefor i don't say that i would kick homebody's *** because when that moment comes if i don't do it i'll have to eat my words back
I hate thief.
Old 01-06-2001, 06:37 PM

Do you mean shoot the perpertrator in the bsck?...While running off of your premises?...hmmm that might be a problem even in Texas.

Just call yuor insurance carrier, then ask your friends for some really expensive receipts...and clean up....hmmm..J/K.

Best thing to have done, follow him to where ever he lives, then f*** with his life bad...maybe steal his s***.

Still J/K

Seriously...sorry that happened

I've had a car stolen out of a driveway(not a max)...sucks
Old 01-06-2001, 07:23 PM

Now here in IA (rural parts), we all carry guns so we'd be the ones doing any shooting. In fact I have about 40 rounds of ammo in glove box and center console... unless he stole all that stuff too..... :-)
Old 01-06-2001, 07:56 PM

uh....u got a gun?

if i were you...hehe....take out the gun and just bust his head open alright....sure it's hmm...not nice..but first it's self defense..and second..he is stealing your ****.. on your property dog!
Old 01-06-2001, 08:02 PM

Re: uh....u got a gun?

Hell, If you live in Tennesee, you can kill and eat him...hehe..(in reference to the roadkill law)
Old 01-06-2001, 08:31 PM

Damn people, remind me only live in NY or CA
Old 01-06-2001, 08:37 PM

i would of.......

grab a bat then sneak up and hit him, then tie him up then beat him some more, then un-tie him and beat him some more, then tie him up, then beat him some more, then shoot him but not kill him, like in the leg, then beat him some more, them un-tie him and shoot his other leg, then beat him some more,cut off his 2 thumbs and flush down the toilet then call the cops, then beat him some more til the cops got there.....i bet he won't do that when he gets out!!!!
btw, how the heck he run out of the back seat carrying your amps??//
Old 01-06-2001, 09:04 PM

i got ripped off too.. so messed up. sorry

i work the night shift and when i got home, my garage door was wide open and someone took off w/ my specialized mountain bike i rode less than 5 times and i got it on a great sales for $1,200+. really sucks to get stuff stolen.. lots of very unscrupulous people out there....
Old 01-06-2001, 10:04 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Just remember......

you might beat his *** terribly, BUT if he gets away after you whoop up on him, he might come back and take more than your stereo.......I know if I got my *** whooped as bad as some of you are saying I'd come back for revenge no doubt!! <b>and remember he knows where you live and you know nothing about him,</b> why take that risk!? I think he made the right choice to call the cops!
Old 01-06-2001, 11:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: where do you live?

Originally posted by WoodEar
Think about that.
YES....If you shoot him and *don't* kill him, he's probably gonna come back and kill you. And if your standing there with a gun in your hand and some stranger is in your baby vandalizing it and tearing up all of the years worth the work and effort you put into it, you mean to tell me you wouldn't aim and pull the trigger?
Old 01-06-2001, 11:48 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Trust me, its easier said than done!!

at least for people with a sound mind and morals! If you've ever seen someone get shot right next to you and you hear the pain that they go through when they're hit 4 times you'll undertand what I'm saying!(once again trust me I've been there) "just" shooting someone carries a lot more weight, <b>unlike the movies there are mental imprints!!</b> now don't get me wrong, if someone attacks my friends, family(and my dog ), anyone I love I won't hesitate to beat you to the edge of life <b>and maybe more, but material possesions are in no way an equality of taking someones life!!!!</b> and for the people who are saying fight back(without a gun that is) remember this, never underestimate your enemy, you might catch up with the robber, but then what, remeber he's not a law abidibng citizen like yourself chances are he's packing something (does he have a gun? a knife?, etc.)if he's desperate, he pulls a gun and BLAM! you died for your amps......any worth in that?? I think not! just some stuff to think about!!!! be careful when you make decisions out there guys!

Old 01-07-2001, 12:07 AM

Re: Trust me, its easier said than done!!

Originally posted by DA-MAX
at least for people with a sound mind and morals! If you've ever seen someone get shot right next to you and you hear the pain that they go through when they're hit 4 times you'll undertand what I'm saying!(once again trust me I've been there) "just" shooting someone carries a lot more weight, <b>unlike the movies there are mental imprints!!</b> now don't get me wrong, if someone attacks my friends, family(and my dog ), anyone I love I won't hesitate to beat you to the edge of life <b>and maybe more, but material possesions are in no way an equality of taking someones life!!!!</b> and for the people who are saying fight back(without a gun that is) remember this, never underestimate your enemy, you might catch up with the robber, but then what, remeber he's not a law abidibng citizen like yourself chances are he's packing something (does he have a gun? a knife?, etc.)if he's desperate, he pulls a gun and BLAM! you died for your amps......any worth in that?? I think not! just some stuff to think about!!!! be careful when you make decisions out there guys!

Yep, exactly. It seems pretty rash to shoot someone dead just because they are messing with your car. Remember the car is a material item, it's REPLACABLE...it's not like it's a person. If the perp was messing with my friends or family, then I would take serious action, but if it's the car, better to play it safe. I'm sure people here who live in big cities would agree that you should always expect that the bad guys are armed in some way...better to have my stereo and amps stolen than to get stabbed or shot.

Old 01-07-2001, 12:18 AM

Yes a car is a material object. But in America that is saying a lot. Without my car I can't get to work, go to the grocery store, get to the gym, go on dates, or generally tend to my own business. Plus it not paid off and I would get screwed with the insurance company. Why should I have to change my life because someone else was too sorry to get a freaking job. Thieves are one of the lowest life forms on this planet. If you steal and get killed, its your fault.

I'd have no problem firing on a thief. No sane person looks forward to shooting somebody, but I am prepared to do so in the correct circumstances. If you feel your life or property are in danger, you are authorized to use deadly force with intend to stop (not kill). Unlike states like NY, Texas does not require a citizen to retreat if retreating is an option. We are granted to right to stand ground and use deadly force with intent to stop.

TMAX
Old 01-07-2001, 12:36 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

You've got you're opinion, but.....

look at it this way. You come out of your house, there is a guy in your car stealing stuff, you shoot him, BLAM........and you know what....you'll be in jail for murder!! Yes he was stealing your car, BUT the court will hit you with using excessive force, WHY because he was in the car and NOT attacking you in any way. if it was different, the world would be a MUCH worse place than it is, because if you look at it, people would just be sitting around with the shotgun next to the sofa and anyone who steps on the property has the chance of getting BLASTED!! thats insane!! Remember there is a difference between vandalizing an auto and entering someones property. When you come at me trying to rob me, f*ck yeah, I'm gonna f*ck your sh*t up, but if I come up on you while you're robbing me an you try to get away, thats it, its over, its unfortunate I got robbed, but you can't LEGALLY shoot someone in the back and call it defense!!(unless you're an NYC or PG county cop!!) Now don't get me wrong I don't condone robbery at all and unless you're some big time celebrity you'll be doing some jail time and not just probation you're going to lock-up !!

Originally posted by tmax
Yes a car is a material object. But in America that is saying a lot. Without my car I can't get to work, go to the grocery store, get to the gym, go on dates, or generally tend to my own business. Plus it not paid off and I would get screwed with the insurance company. Why should I have to change my life because someone else was too sorry to get a freaking job. Thieves are one of the lowest life forms on this planet. If you steal and get killed, its your fault.

I'd have no problem firing on a thief. No sane person looks forward to shooting somebody, but I am prepared to do so in the correct circumstances. If you feel your life or property are in danger, you are authorized to use deadly force with intend to stop (not kill). Unlike states like NY, Texas does not require a citizen to retreat if retreating is an option. We are granted to right to stand ground and use deadly force with intent to stop.

TMAX
Old 01-07-2001, 12:47 AM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

wow sorry to hear about that

Originally posted by jw82
damn..that sucks
coulda been worse tho... what if he didnt care that you were chasing him and pulled out a weapon
i totally agree it could have been worse. thank god it wasn't some crack head ready to kill anyone for his next hit. good thing you are ok, amps and sh*t can always be replaced. goodluck finding this jerk
Old 01-07-2001, 03:53 AM
i SeE what you did therE

To Everyone who said "Beat his ***"....i was about fifty feet away from him when i saw him....i was in shock at first... i just could not believe someone was in my car...i had no way of sneaking up on him.. he saw me... look at me and when i said something he ran... the woods were closer to him than i was.
the police said he had a car. when i check my car out today, the guy was in there for hours... he ripped everything up... bent and broke everything...

i might have tried to catch him but... damn

thanks for everyone's comments...

jeff
Old 01-07-2001, 10:34 AM
MaxRX7

Re: i would of.......

Originally posted by 1HOTMAX
grab a bat then sneak up and hit him, then tie him up then beat him some more, then un-tie him and beat him some more, then tie him up, then beat him some more, then shoot him but not kill him, like in the leg, then beat him some more, them un-tie him and shoot his other leg, then beat him some more,cut off his 2 thumbs and flush down the toilet then call the cops, then beat him some more til the cops got there.....i bet he won't do that when he gets out!!!!
ROTFLMAO, then pay him a visit in jail and beat hime some more.

Old 01-07-2001, 10:51 AM

Re: car jackers beware!

Originally posted by nizmolee
Bust some kung foo stuff on his ***
Everybody loves Kung Fu fighting....
Them cats was fast as lightning....

Ha! Huuh!

Letterman was into that kung fu fighting way before everyone started keeping it retro
Old 01-07-2001, 11:56 AM

Re: You've got you're opinion, but.....

look at it this way. You come out of your house, there is a guy in your car stealing stuff, you shoot him, BLAM........and you know what....you'll be in jail for murder!! Yes he was stealing your car, BUT the court will hit you with using excessive force, WHY because he was in the car and NOT attacking you in any way.
It all really depends on the laws where you live. In TX deadly force is authorizied for defense of life AND property. That also extends to protection of life and propety of others. So it is not excessive use of force here. Excessive force is intentionally aiming for the head or shooting with intent to kill.

if it was different, the world would be a MUCH worse place than it is, because if you look at it, people would just be sitting around with the shotgun next to the sofa and anyone who steps on the property has the chance of getting BLASTED!! thats insane!!
Everyone has there opinion on this, and I think the opposite would be true. Remember, I am talking about LEGAL ownership and use of firearms. Everyone I know who legally carries or owns is extremely responsible about it. They don't "sit around" waiting to use their firearms. I think what you said is true of some hood rat that thinks they stopped making guns after he got his.

Remember there is a difference between vandalizing an auto and entering someones property.
A citizen has no idea what the intent of the criminal is. Maybe he is starting with the the car and intends to come in to my house afterwards. Maybe he intends to shoot me now that I have caught him in the act. I have no intention of trying to figure out what he is about to do. You have to assume the worse.

Just my $0.02 worth. Peace,

TMAX
Old 01-07-2001, 02:27 PM

Re: i would of.......

Originally posted by 1HOTMAX
Jeez, who are you? That blonde stomping mare truck driver b*tch Susan from Survivor ?! J/K... :-)
Old 01-07-2001, 02:52 PM

Re: Re: i would of.......

Moral of the Story is: Guns don't kill people, Maxima owners do...or WILL>
Old 01-07-2001, 03:36 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

LOL!!!!

that seems to be true for some people on here, kinda scary IMO!

Originally posted by FAST4EN
Moral of the Story is: Guns don't kill people, Maxima owners do...or WILL>
Old 01-07-2001, 09:10 PM

Originally posted by tmax

TMAX
The logic you guys have simply amazes me.
Are you absolutely positive, that, in TX you can blow someone's head off if he is trying to steal something from your car??? Even for state like TX, I find it hard to believe that a life can be taken away that easily.

Quick Reply: caught a guy stealin my stereo this morning.!!!!