General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

In regards to that crazy *** thread by twatboy...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2001, 12:44 AM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

wow, i stop checking the org for two weeks and this is what happens? jeeeeezuz. 14 pages damn... hey Jaime why wasn't this regulated (don't know how nasty it got, not gonna read all 14 pages..not really that interested) i think this is another vote for a membership fee to keep people like the loser who started this post off our board. anyone agree with me here? i mean i don't think a small fee to join Maxima.org as a member is too much for someone who really enjoys it for what it provides, but i do think any fee is too much for a jerk who wants to cause trouble.

come on guys anyone with me on this?

Jules

Old 01-07-2001, 12:48 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I think someone suggested $10 at one time....

no prob with me!
Old 01-07-2001, 12:50 AM

The point of the fee is not to keep people off the board, it's to keep the board running smoothly. It's really easy to keep that kind of thing from getting out of hand, ignore it.

Some people just choose to participate, and that's what happens.
Old 01-07-2001, 01:15 AM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

i totally agreee with you, but.....

you have to admit that aside from getting the board to run smoothly, it WILL keep alot of guys like that off..... unless they are really that stupid and have money to burn. ignoring them is good, i usually do, i mean i didn't post anything smart in the past with the other Camry guy(or is this the same dude?), but i can't think of a post that reached 14 pages just because of what some jerk posted. if you have to pay to be a member and lets say have to wait to receive confirmation of payment, any jerk like twatboy might get discouraged from that.

jules
Old 01-07-2001, 01:31 AM

Yes, but there also must be some way to attract new members without them having to pay to read and post on the board. There are always these people out there, we just need to know how to deal with them.

$$ should not keep people off this board.
Old 01-07-2001, 01:40 AM
tan_camry

SINYMaxSE: That Camry guy you're referring to is Vernon. I doubt it's him, because Camry's have even less available than the Max. That guy is pretty much a dip**** anyway on the Camryman.org forum (he doesn't really post anymore anyway).

This sounds like a stuck up Honda owner (either Civic or Integra).

tan

Old 01-07-2001, 01:50 AM
tan_camry

My bad....

sorry, I should rad all the posts...

BTW, everytime Vernon says something stupid here, he goes to the camryman.org forum and brags about it. THis time, no bragging there, is it ain't him.

tan

Old 01-07-2001, 02:40 AM

no way to win...

man this sucks, your right, there does have to be a way to attract others to the board. if they can't post and read for free before joining, that would discourage alot of people from joining... man there's no way to win. i guess i'll grin and bear it and just ignore this vernon dude. man........i feel like i just got into another hit and run..

Jules
Old 01-07-2001, 03:53 AM
tan_camry

Why don't we just flood his mailbox with flames. Make it a maxima.org group event.

Besides he's all talk.

tan

Old 01-07-2001, 03:59 AM
i SeE what you did therE

i read his post and then i saw the first response....i back out right away...there is no need to even respond to such childish thing... all he is doing is causing trouble...forget him.

jeff
Old 01-07-2001, 05:36 AM
Johnson

Originally posted by SINYMaxSE
wow, i stop checking the org for two weeks and this is what happens? jeeeeezuz. 14 pages damn... hey Jaime why wasn't this regulated (don't know how nasty it got, not gonna read all 14 pages..not really that interested) i think this is another vote for a membership fee to keep people like the loser who started this post off our board. anyone agree with me here? i mean i don't think a small fee to join Maxima.org as a member is too much for someone who really enjoys it for what it provides, but i do think any fee is too much for a jerk who wants to cause trouble.

come on guys anyone with me on this?

Jules

I was waiting for someone to mention this!! Whatever! It all makes me go HHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM??????? $$$$$$

Old 01-07-2001, 08:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Fortunately or unfortunately, this is a public forum. Just as with society in general, there will always be a fringe element out there whose sole purpose is to anger and disrupt. That's how they get their kicks. And just as with society, the best thing to do is simply ignore them.

Public boards like Maxima.org and Edmunds.com also have moderators who keep an eye out for such people. The power of these moderators is absolute. And while absolute power corrupts absolutely, my impression is that Jamie is pretty relaxed and doesn't tend to let his power go to his head. On the other hand, he'll only let things go so far before he pulls the plug.

I'm satisfied with the way things are running right now. If we want to contribute to help make the board operate more smoothly, I'm up for that as well.

[Edited by y2kse on 01-07-2001 at 10:54 AM]
Old 01-07-2001, 10:37 AM

i agree w/ lordrandell

it needs to be free so it is welcoming to any new max owner, but if everyone read a post that was flaming, just don't reply to it.. it'll totally turn off a guy who's 'looking' for people to post and start something.. he'd feel pretty stupid making an intentional post for flames and nothing happens...