General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

where to get replacement CENTER CAP/part for rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 10:01 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

where to get replacement CENTER CAP/part for rims

Hi guys

I have a problem... a while back, the screwed-in bolt part on top of the centercap came off on the highway or something... all i know is it's missing lol. Basically, the rim has 2 peices to the center cap... on that goes on top of it that hides the little screw for the one underneath it that hides the lugs. Im not sure if a pic will help, but in any case, do u know where i could get a replacement? I called and talked to a representative at TireRack.com and he didn't have the kind for my model rims because they're not made anymore... i tried contacting OZ about it but they never replied. So like Tirerack, where else could i try?? Thanks!

here's what i'm talking about:
Old 02-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Shiver me timbers.

I would call Tire Rack. The same thing happened to me and they sold me a replacement.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:15 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by maxfanfromohio
I would call Tire Rack. The same thing happened to me and they sold me a replacement.
Yeah, that's what I did intitially... but after sending him a picture of it he said he didn't have it. Damn and it's only $15 replacement! I thought it'd be like 40-50+. I guess I will contact them again about it because I tried it last year. Ok, thanks for your help.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:34 AM
wat

You got lucky....I needed two replacements at $50 a pop.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:14 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by look2me40
You got lucky....I needed two replacements at $50 a pop.
WELL, I actually got a response from OZwheels.com. They sent me a picture of the assembly that I need and it shows what I am missing. Unfortunately, I can't just buy that main nut... I have to buy the whole set. I just replied to their email, they'll send me a price for the whole kit. Ill post everything else when I get info. Thanks for all your help!

I'm trying to still keep it open and hope that some other website can get it for me cheaper (assuming this isn't extremely costly from OZ themselves).