General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

need help in MA w/ tint ticket; my regional forums dont work, so im posting here

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

need help in MA w/ tint ticket; my regional forums dont work, so im posting here

FYI for some reason my regional forums dont work, they just show up the first 'important' sticky post about member policies and moderator guidelines and stuff, im not sure why. the only forums that actually work on my computer are the general and generation-specific ones (turbocharged, etc... dont work) so thats why im posting this here, as opposed to the regional northeast forum.

im in hopkinton, ma, and i have a court date on tuesday to contest a ticket i got for window tint in september. long story short, i was stopped waiting for a train and a cop doing detail told me to pull over, he checked my tints, back windows were like 4%, blah blah blah, i told him that when i got the tints on (which was almost four years ago) there was no regulation as to how dark the rear windows were, just that the front ones could be no darker than 35% (mine were 37%). result was a $250 ticket. i appealed it mostly just to buy myself a little more time to come up with money in case i do have to pay it, but is there anything i can really do to help myself out? i took the tint off the day after, and i had asked the cop if there was such thing as a 'fix it' ticket or something, where i can just show proof to the court that the tints are off and the fine will be cancelled, and he told me he had no idea what i was talking about.

anyone have any ideas, like, within the next two days? thanks

ill be going to court in framingham, district court

NICK
Old 02-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Administrator

your regional forums work if you log in first
Old 02-09-2003, 01:31 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

Re: need help in MA w/ tint ticket; my regional forums dont work, so im posting here

Originally posted by NixMaxGXE
FYI for some reason my regional forums dont work, they just show up the first 'important' sticky post about member policies and moderator guidelines and stuff, im not sure why. the only forums that actually work on my computer are the general and generation-specific ones (turbocharged, etc... dont work) so thats why im posting this here, as opposed to the regional northeast forum.

im in hopkinton, ma, and i have a court date on tuesday to contest a ticket i got for window tint in september. long story short, i was stopped waiting for a train and a cop doing detail told me to pull over, he checked my tints, back windows were like 4%, blah blah blah, i told him that when i got the tints on (which was almost four years ago) there was no regulation as to how dark the rear windows were, just that the front ones could be no darker than 35% (mine were 37%). result was a $250 ticket. i appealed it mostly just to buy myself a little more time to come up with money in case i do have to pay it, but is there anything i can really do to help myself out? i took the tint off the day after, and i had asked the cop if there was such thing as a 'fix it' ticket or something, where i can just show proof to the court that the tints are off and the fine will be cancelled, and he told me he had no idea what i was talking about.

anyone have any ideas, like, within the next two days? thanks

ill be going to court in framingham, district court

NICK
fix it tickets do exist, but it depends on the judge and the area where you live. im from nc so i cant help you there, but just make them aware that the tint was removed, pics would be great. im not going to guarantee that they will drop it but they should be more lenient. but the reason why the forums arent showing up is because you werent logged in when you tried to view them. you should be logged in now that you posted so check back to see if they work now.