General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

GOT MY OBX! SWEET! well kinda....

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 03:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

GOT MY OBX! SWEET! well kinda....

Well I was looking upstairs to see if it was there after school and it was, I was as happy as a little gurl. (.Y.) Well I tried to pick that thing up, damn that **** is heavy. Stainless steal is a killer, remember that young boys and girls. Anyway pictures are at my cardomain site that I never use. Look at page 2 and please answer my question. I want to know how I can plug up the O2 sensor? Help me!!!

http://members.cardomain.com/spanishrice
Old 02-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Sin

Re: GOT MY OBX! SWEET! well kinda....

Originally posted by spanishrice
Well I was looking upstairs to see if it was there after school and it was, I was as happy as a little gurl. (.Y.) Well I tried to pick that thing up, damn that **** is heavy. Stainless steal is a killer, remember that young boys and girls. Anyway pictures are at my cardomain site that I never use. Look at page 2 and please answer my question. I want to know how I can plug up the O2 sensor? Help me!!!

Just find a bolt with proper thread diameter and pitch, and then use a copper washer. If you can't find one of the right length, just cut it to length.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:16 PM

Re: Re: GOT MY OBX! SWEET! well kinda....

Originally posted by Sin

Just find a bolt with proper thread diameter and pitch, and then use a copper washer. If you can't find one of the right length, just cut it to length.
Be sure not to let any of the bolt hang down into the exhaust flow. It won't cause any damage, just isn't optimum for flow.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:32 PM

go to an exhaust shop and get a plug for it or have them weld it closed

use common sense here man...silicone on your b-pipe to seal it

Ant
Old 02-11-2003, 06:45 PM

I said a bolt and silicone ***. Read before you talk smarty.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:49 PM

How much would the plug cost, that damn SSAUTOCHROME guy said I could buy one from him for $15. He is not getting one more penny from me!
Old 02-11-2003, 07:18 PM

How much would the plug cost, that damn SSAUTOCHROME guy said I could buy one from him for $15. He is not getting one more penny from me!
Go to the hardware store and find a bolt that fits. Then cut it to size. Shouldn't be more than a couple bucks.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

That is insane! I wimped out and got a muffler shop to install mine but they threw in the O2 sensor plug for free off one of their many pipes in their shop. A lot of times, they don't use them so no doubt have a bunch lying around. After a day, the thing wiggles it's way loose so yeah, definitely get high temp silicone on the threads and outside edge.

Man, gotta love the complete stainless steel package of the OBX. Those pictures you guys are putting up make me drool. Still don't know how they can offer it for so cheap!
Old 02-11-2003, 08:39 PM

Heavy? I guess you haven't got a hold of the oem exhaust just yet?
Old 02-12-2003, 05:10 AM

I am going to see if my friend can help me install it, he knows alot about cars and he has the tools. If the OEM exhaust is heavier than this, than DAMN thats pretty heavy. Ya I start calling muffler shops and get soem quotes on installing this.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:36 AM

Talk about ungrateful!!

You act as if he overcharged you for the exhaust system.

Damn, learn to know when you got a good deal!!

Old 02-12-2003, 07:43 AM
Sin

Originally posted by araffio

Talk about ungrateful!!

You act as if he overcharged you for the exhaust system.

Damn, learn to know when you got a good deal!!

He's ****ed because he got a catback that wasn't meant for his car, not that he didn't get a good deal. Considering OBX has a part number for a 95-96, one for the 97-98, and 99-x, the seller should have either sent him the right one, or told him he doesn't have the right one.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:46 AM

Originally posted by Sin

He's ****ed because he got a catback that wasn't meant for his car, not that he didn't get a good deal. Considering OBX has a part number for a 95-96, one for the 97-98, and 99-x, the seller should have either sent him the right one, or told him he doesn't have the right one.

Didn't say that in his post, so I didn't know...
Old 02-12-2003, 08:37 AM

Well I was looking upstairs I tried to pick that thing up, damn that **** is heavy. Stainless steal is a killer, pictures are at my cardomain site that I never use ...
Pics of the WHOLE EXHAUST ...
Old 02-12-2003, 02:21 PM

I should be freakin mad. You shouldn't throw out money and get something that is half-***, what is that crap. Just becuase it is cheaper does not mean if has to be a POS. Jesus ****ing Christ get the stick out of your ***. You might buy a strut bat on e-bay for $12 and it might not be the best but their will be nothing wrong with it and it will fit. You don't have to spend $170 on stillen one. Same difference, I should of gotten what I ordered ****.

Optimus 1, umm the hole catback is their, and it won't fit if I try to a picture of whole thing.