General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Just got 'new' Stillen y-pipe...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2001, 09:20 PM

It looks pretty good. It's the new ceramic-coated one. hopefully this will be better than what I've heard about the previous ones. Supposedly the ceramic coating is supposed to help with heat transfer, and the overall construction is supposed to be better. I am going to install it, and my b-pipe next week, so I will let you all know what my actual impression of the new pipe is, and will post pics. Anyone else have this new Stillen pipe? Impressions? Just thought I would share, I'm pretty anxious to see.
Old 01-10-2001, 09:59 PM

mine is in the mail...
Old 01-10-2001, 10:03 PM

i just got my cattman Stainless steel ypipe a week ago. 393.50 shipped to my front door. thanks brian catts for the incredible deal as soon as i get my 99 max im putting it on. PEACE

fresh
Old 01-10-2001, 10:24 PM

Just Install Cattman SS Y-Pipe.

I just had my Cattman SS Y-Pipe installed last week at my shop (only charged my $36 for install) and the pipe cost me $393.50. All I have to say is WOW!!! That y-pipe REALLY helped out with my performance, especially at the top end from 80-120 mph. I plan on taking it to the dyno this weekend. Pre y-pipe I dynoed 250 FWHP & 217 FWTorque. I hope I'll be up close to 270-275 FWHP or better. This 30-40 degree temperature here in Dallas really makes my SCer purr!!
Old 01-10-2001, 10:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

doesn't stillen warn against using the supercharger and ypipe on an auto tranny? or does the vb mod and tranny cooler take care of that?

chris
Old 01-10-2001, 10:46 PM

Stillen can KISS My *** !!

Originally posted by CKNY
doesn't stillen warn against using the supercharger and ypipe on an auto tranny? or does the vb mod and tranny cooler take care of that?

chris
Yeah and they were also the same ones who said, "Oh sure the V2 blower is a simple bolt on [NOT], and Oh sure your stock tranny should be able to handle the power output just fine [NOT!! and thus the reason they won't sell the kit to owners with auto trannys thanks to what I told them about the tranny]" These idiots didn't even have enough forsight to check to see if the SCer kit would fit on a maxima with an auto tranny. They quickly learned from my guinea pig maxima that it DOES NOT at least not the air filter assembly unit. I have since upgraded my VB, added a tranny cooler, and had the new TCU installed and my car shifts like a bad boy, often times chirping into 2nd gear under WOT. So as you can imagine I don't put too much stock into what Stillen has to say since all their published info about not adding a y-pipe to an auto with a SCer was a total GUESS on their part and not even substantiated with any data what so ever. They only discovered (and for that matter even bothered to install a SCer on an auto maxima) after the fiasco with my car that the stock tranny COULD NOT handle the power generated by the SCer unless you do all of the things that I have done to my tranny. I also plan on doing the Level 10 tranny upgrade in the near future so that the car will transfer torque more effectively to the road and also to bullet proof the tranny. Sorry but I had to vent. Later and take care.

Diederik
Old 01-11-2001, 05:40 AM

What's up Diederik I heard you were at Alamo, last week,

soem civic driving friends told me they saw your Max and it looked nice. How often do you drive your car?
Old 01-11-2001, 09:23 AM

Re: What's up Diederik I heard you were at Alamo, last week,

Originally posted by The New CLIMAX
soem civic driving friends told me they saw your Max and it looked nice. How often do you drive your car?
Yeah I was there last Saturday getting my Cattman SS y-pipe installed and I did talk with your friends for a while. They have some nice looking rides. Ask them about the shark feeding. I'm going to be in Austin the weekend of January 26th-28th for a wedding so maybe we could hook up and I could give you a ride in my maxima. We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn on Townlake. Let me know if you and possibly some others would like to meet up somewhere. Later.

Diederik
Old 01-11-2001, 09:36 AM
My 4DSC

Re: Just Install Cattman SS Y-Pipe.

Originally posted by DMan_2KMax
I just had my Cattman SS Y-Pipe installed last week at my shop (only charged my $36 for install) and the pipe cost me $393.50. All I have to say is WOW!!! That y-pipe REALLY helped out with my performance, especially at the top end from 80-120 mph. I plan on taking it to the dyno this weekend. Pre y-pipe I dynoed 250 FWHP & 217 FWTorque. I hope I'll be up close to 270-275 FWHP or better. This 30-40 degree temperature here in Dallas really makes my SCer purr!!
How did YOU & Global_Threat get the Cattman for $393.50 shipped? I called and they wanted to charge me ALOT MORE!
Please email me with the info...
my4dsc2000@aol.com
Thanks In Advance.
---Adam---

Old 01-11-2001, 09:51 AM

Cattman's Year End Sale

How did YOU & Global_Threat get the Cattman for $393.50 shipped? I called and they wanted to charge me ALOT MORE!
Please email me with the info...
my4dsc2000@aol.com
Thanks In Advance.
---Adam---
Cattman had a year end sale in 2000 (last week of December). Pipe cost was $415 less a 10% discount plus $20 for S&H = $393.50. Call them and ask if they would possibly consider giving you the year end 10% discount. Good luck.

Diederik
Old 01-11-2001, 10:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i have the new Stillen Y-pipe..

Originally posted by selle
It looks pretty good. It's the new ceramic-coated one. hopefully this will be better than what I've heard about the previous ones. Supposedly the ceramic coating is supposed to help with heat transfer, and the overall construction is supposed to be better. I am going to install it, and my b-pipe next week, so I will let you all know what my actual impression of the new pipe is, and will post pics. Anyone else have this new Stillen pipe? Impressions? Just thought I would share, I'm pretty anxious to see.
just installed it this week..
noise increase was at minimal...but i guess that's because i still have my stock exhaust.
hope everything goes well with the instruction.
i did mine with my friends and it took us 9 hours to get the job done!!! and then the pipe is banging on the bottom of the car under WOT.(only in the first gear).
well, other than that...excellent top-end gain!!
me like it mucho much!!

-peace