General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Does the sprint rear springs sag?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2001, 10:13 PM

I've been reading alot about the sprint springs lately, and feel this maybe what I'm going to go for as well. Sprint springs, with Koni struts (maybe toks or KYBs in the rear). Anyway, my big question is are the rears of the sprints stiff enough to be able to support my 2 15" woofers? I saw the pics of the lowered maximas with Sprint springs and think they're almost perfect for lowering. Coilovers are just wayyyyyyyyyyy too expensive for all practicality purposes, no matter how nice they are. So how well can the sprint springs hold up the *** end of my car?
Old 01-10-2001, 11:54 PM

ON the contrary. If you look at some of Nabil's pictures the front is alot lower than the rears. The fronts look like 2"+ drop and the rear look like 1.3"(H&R) drop. From the side view the car is sloped down. I have Intrax springs which have saggy rears so I'm gonna swap the fronts with the Sprints.
Old 01-11-2001, 07:47 AM

if you get konis

you can adjust the rears to be a little higher, i think about 1/4 of an inch. they have this feature for towing and carrying heavy things in the trunk.
Old 01-11-2001, 08:41 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Yeah...Like Seven said->

You should just get the Koni rears to match the Koni fronts. The rear koni has two positions to put the spring perch. If you put the perch at the lower position, there will be more drop. If you put the perch at the higher position, there will be less drop. Almost as good as the coilovers =)
Old 01-11-2001, 11:42 AM
Banned

i agree... i was trying to decide if i wanted sprint or H&R..

and after see those pics of the sprints.. i feel the H&Rs are lower in the back and the sprints are lower in the front.. yuo should get H&R rear and sprint front
Old 01-11-2001, 01:32 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

remember: Nabil's set is a prototype....

the production set should be a little higher in the front, and the same for the rears. from what i've felt with my ***, the ride is fine, and we put like 300 pounds of crap in the trunk on our trip to buttonwillow.. so it's fine.
Old 01-11-2001, 04:27 PM

Opinions vs Facts

With all due respect MightyMax (I'm not trying to provoke or insult you here), when one guesses the drop distances such as you've done here when they haven't done first hand measurements, others may think these guesses are facts when really, they are not Then the cycle of misinformation and half-truths would begin and spiral out of hand... I've seen it happen on this board and other boards often enough to implore you to recognize that and let's nip it in the bud early.

To be more specific about what I'm talking about here, the rear drop on the Sprints is not 1.3" as you claim and may seem this way from visual estimation taken from early pictures before the springs settled. But keep in mind that the rear springs take longer to settle because there is less weight on them than on the fronts, not to mention there were other factors at the time and place these photos were taken which together, can give that impression.

Also, remember that those pictures of my car are with the prototype Sprints, and must NOT be generalized against the production sets. That's even more compelling reason that we on this board should refrain from being so critical when often all we have to offer is opinions and not facts (preferably with proper proof).

Case in point here is my assertion about cautioning everyone from being so critical and be aware of opinions vs facts, look at the picture of my car I'm including below taken in December and see for yourself how this picture negates what you've been guesstimating and fueling into further discussion where some may take it up as fact.

--Nabil
P.S. This is not a flame post, so let's please keep things cool.

Originally posted by MightyMax
ON the contrary. If you look at some of Nabil's pictures the front is alot lower than the rears. The fronts look like 2"+ drop and the rear look like 1.3"(H&R) drop. From the side view the car is sloped down. I have Intrax springs which have saggy rears so I'm gonna swap the fronts with the Sprints.
Old 01-11-2001, 04:42 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Opinions vs Facts

Well Put
Old 01-11-2001, 06:37 PM

that looks...

GREAT. i have the ground control coilovers in my trunk (not put on yet) and i think i will buy those sprint springs. i tried ordering them months ago but they hadnt started production hopefully someone will want to buy my GC's

fresh
Old 01-11-2001, 10:15 PM

Nabil>>> Actually I really Liked how your Maxima looks with the Sprint springs. I like to apologize for making assumptions, I was merely stating my personal opinions. I should've known not to post numbers in there. I have seen many Maximas with different springs so I kinda know how much drop it is by looking at the wheel gap. I'm sure that when the rear springs settle it will look more even. As all springs do.
I have a question, how stiff are these springs compared to Eibachs or Intrax?
BTW I'm going to delete the numbers out of the other post. Later