General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What's going on

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 12:57 PM

What's going on

My car seems to run ok until it makes a shift up(automatic). Whenever it shifts up to the next gear I feel the car bog down a bit. I don't know what could be causing this. Could a lowering of compression cause something like this-could a failing fuel pump be the cause-can a bad egt cause this-or maybe a tranny on its way out? I don't know what to make of this so let me get your opinions. BTW it only does this when there is a moderate load on the engine, and only when up shifting not down shifting.

Two more ?'s. How can you tell if your egt is bad?
And how can I check to see if the fuel pump is ok?--its a walbro so it whines more than i'd like it to, however it didn't do this for the first two weeks i had it in the car. This make me think there may be something wrong with the pump--then again it could just be me being paranoid.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:16 PM

Re: What's going on

Originally posted by tampamax
My car seems to run ok until it makes a shift up(automatic). Whenever it shifts up to the next gear I feel the car bog down a bit. I don't know what could be causing this. Could a lowering of compression cause something like this-could a failing fuel pump be the cause-can a bad egt cause this-or maybe a tranny on its way out? I don't know what to make of this so let me get your opinions. BTW it only does this when there is a moderate load on the engine, and only when up shifting not down shifting.

Two more ?'s. How can you tell if your egt is bad?
And how can I check to see if the fuel pump is ok?--its a walbro so it whines more than i'd like it to, however it didn't do this for the first two weeks i had it in the car. This make me think there may be something wrong with the pump--then again it could just be me being paranoid.
Anybody?