General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Do you feel Maxima.org is representative of the Maxima Modding Community?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 07:25 PM
SLOW

Do you feel Maxima.org is representative of the Maxima Modding Community?

There are alot of 'firsts' that are universally accepted on here to be just that, the first time someone has done something to/with a Maxima. Such as, First in the 11s, first in the 12s, first in the 13s with just bolt ons, first with over 400whp, first with a turbo, first with MEVI, etc. What do you think about this? As much as I'd like to believe I was the first in the 13s without forced induction, I've got to believe that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE had to do it before me. Maybe I was the first to do it with as few bolt ons as I have, but there MUST be someone out there who had the all motor itch before me and had the money and the ability to do it.

Discuss.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:34 PM

there has to be someone....maybe?

but if you are that much of a car enthusiast...wouldn't you find a club to get ideas from? or talk about what you can achieve with the mods you have....

Actually before all these car forums back in 95/96...someone who just bought the new 4th gens had to have wanted to test it's power...and make it faster..so they probably got custom exhaust and intake or of the such..and got into the 13s...
Old 04-03-2003, 07:42 PM

I think thats highly unlikely. Maxima.org is I think the only place for maxima tuners. all the other forums are not that informative as this one. You build up a very respectable reputation with your n/a max.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:46 PM
Cumalittle

i think this is the biggest forum on the net for maxima...but there are fast max owner out there that don't post yet have a fast maxima...

Old 04-03-2003, 07:46 PM
SLOW

Originally posted by 99maximagxe
I think thats highly unlikely. Maxima.org is I think the only place for maxima tuners. all the other forums are not that informative as this one. You build up a very respectable reputation with your n/a max.
Yeah but don't you think that someone somewhere has the know-how and desire to do these things (like turbo their max, make it fast all motor, etc) without needing a forum. I admit that I wouldn't know half the stuff I know without the forum, but there are alot of people out there who know alot more about building cars than I do. Hell I'm just an amature to alot of guys, bolt ons are baby toys to them and they are actually BUILDING motors. I'd think that there are at least a few guys like this with maximas.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:01 PM
Conecarver

There are a few hot rides that don't frequent the .org anymore due to politics and such. Also some very fast rides that have better things to do than hang here (SteveChicagoSC comes to mind). The best to all of them and more bandwidth for the rest of us
Old 04-03-2003, 08:13 PM
SLOW

Originally posted by BEJAY1
There are a few hot rides that don't frequent the .org anymore due to politics and such. Also some very fast rides that have better things to do than hang here (SteveChicagoSC comes to mind). The best to all of them and more bandwidth for the rest of us
Brian did you see ferhans post from yesterday... his car is crazy now.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Conecarver

Originally posted by Nealoc187

Brian did you see ferhans post from yesterday... his car is crazy now.
Just that S/C ref.
Can't look for other posts since the search is still down and nobody will change my status :attention
Old 04-03-2003, 08:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

There's probably a few out there that don't really participate here. Not everyone wants tons of recognition for their work, but in general someone knows about what they are doing. However, it's a lot more difficult to do it on your own (you have to really know what you're doing). Thus, I'd say for every record here there may be one or two that could possibly do the same "out there"
-hype
Old 04-03-2003, 08:44 PM
The Definitive AE Master

there is a possibility for faster maximas out there that are not on the org, but that number is probably really small.

There are only two 4th gens that i've seen in 5 years that are SC'ed and not on the org. They both had to get it through stillen directly and they happen to be anti-org for some reason.
Old 04-03-2003, 08:51 PM

There is a lot more to maximas than the org. I have turbo customers who do not even have s/n's on the org .. and i understand why, it is good for what it is, but some maxima.org members ruin the whole thing sometimes. thats why myself and others dont even bother anymore, i'll help people out as much as i can, sure - but when it comes to my stuff? good luck knowin whats under my hood anymore
Old 04-03-2003, 09:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by hlh0501
There is a lot more to maximas than the org. I have turbo customers who do not even have s/n's on the org .. and i understand why, it is good for what it is, but some maxima.org members ruin the whole thing sometimes. thats why myself and others dont even bother anymore, i'll help people out as much as i can, sure - but when it comes to my stuff? good luck knowin whats under my hood anymore
true.

most of the really modified maximas that you see around town or whatever dont come on here.. i know about 5-10 guys who i talk to via email and such who have CRAZY cars but never come on here because its not for them.

plus all of the asssholes with all their opinions on this site.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler

true.

most of the really modified maximas that you see around town or whatever dont come on here.. i know about 5-10 guys who i talk to via email and such who have CRAZY cars but never come on here because its not for them.

plus all of the asssholes with all their opinions on this site.
And since you have such strong opinions, you must be one of those asssholes, huh?
Old 04-03-2003, 11:14 PM
The Definitive AE Master

the org is the representative of the maxima modding community in the sense we are the majority with a 20k member database. But honestly, the org isn't what it used to be when I first joined. I can't describe, but the atmosphere and the attitudes are different. I only hang around in the local west coast forums and SC forums most of the time.
Old 04-04-2003, 01:05 AM

We have to keep in mind that there are lurkers that prob never post, yet research like crazy on the org. So, there is a great possibility that there is a 10 sec. max we don't even know about (well, maybe I'm pushing it)
Old 04-04-2003, 06:59 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I would have to agree that there are people moding max's like crazy who have no desire to be members here. Although I would think it is a very small #. The Maxima community is so concentrated here that it is probably very few and far between.

To me it would only be half as fun modding my car without you people. For one, my friends that I see on a day to day basis do not share my interest in modifying cars. Yhea, they like cars and making them look good, but it is not the same. It is just natural to want to have friends with common interests. That is why I come here, you guys are the only ones who understand my maddness.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:22 AM

Originally posted by I30tMikeD

To me it would only be half as fun modding my car without you people. For one, my friends that I see on a day to day basis do not share my interest in modifying cars. Yhea, they like cars and making them look good, but it is not the same. It is just natural to want to have friends with common interests. That is why I come here, you guys are the only ones who understand my maddness.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by Shoooter_j
We have to keep in mind that there are lurkers that prob never post, yet research like crazy on the org. So, there is a great possibility that there is a 10 sec. max we don't even know about (well, maybe I'm pushing it)
There was that twin turbo dune buggy with a vq30de, he obviously never came here and clearly has the fastest VQ engine. On another note, there are probably a lot of fast Maxima's in other countries that don't reach here.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:36 AM

Originally posted by BrianV

There was that twin turbo dune buggy with a vq30de, he obviously never came here and clearly has the fastest VQ engine. On another note, there are probably a lot of fast Maxima's in other countries that don't reach here.
Maybe I wasn't pushing it then!
Old 04-04-2003, 08:26 AM

Originally posted by Antagonist

And since you have such strong opinions, you must be one of those asssholes, huh?
shut the fukk up newbie... maxima.org kills me.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:31 AM

Don't believe everything you see. Just because my title says "Newbie" does not mean I am new here. Much like while your title says you are a donate, I don't see much of that going on. Except perhaps donating a bunch of worthless ****.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Turbo is too much fun!

Don't believe everything you see. Just because my title says "Newbie" does not mean I am new here. Much like while your title says you are a donate, I don't see much of that going on. Except perhaps donating a bunch of worthless ****.
Not trying to pick on you guys but this is a perfect example of why some just don't come on the board, all these flaming going on between members its just BS. Also some members find it fun picking on newbies and other newcomers, thats stupid. They were once newbies themselves and being on the org for a longer period of time doesn't make them any better than any other member, everyone here that is a member is here for a common reason.
Old 04-04-2003, 01:03 PM
I am Roid Rage

There are definitly ppeople out there with sick Max's that don't come here. Perfect example. First guy to hit 12's in a Max doesn't come here: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=191112
Old 04-04-2003, 03:53 PM

Yeah I have contributed nothing to this site.. please.. i guarrantee you I have contributed more to this site than you ever will in pure knowledge and experimenting with this car and pioneering new things.

i called you out as a newbie because that's exactly what a newbie would do is jump down someones throat and make an assinine comment that wasnt deserved.

this is maxima.org at its greatest, people calling other people out who have no idea what they are talking about.

just as a sidenote, why didnt you donate money to the site??

jason
Old 04-04-2003, 05:11 PM

Yeah I have contributed nothing to this site.. please.. i guarrantee you I have contributed more to this site than you ever will in pure knowledge and experimenting with this car and pioneering new things.

i called you out as a newbie because that's exactly what a newbie would do is jump down someones throat and make an assinine comment that wasnt deserved.

this is maxima.org at its greatest, people calling other people out who have no idea what they are talking about.

just as a sidenote, why didnt you donate money to the site??

jason
Knowledge and experimentation, eh? I don't see you answering questions when the newbies ask what kind of headlights they should use or what RSB is the best one? Or are those simple questions that most new members ask beneath you? Fine then, how about joining in on the MEVI threads? Or perhaps enlightening the class on the turbo kit you developed, or a new bodykit maybe? Pioneering new things? So I guess that's what you kids are calling giving a shop some money to slap on some rims and flashy things nowadays.

I grew up around boys like you: macho and thinking they are king of the world because they have a million other little boys sucking their **** because they have a fancy little car. Sorry, I'm not like the other automatons on Maxima.org that are too afraid and too busy sucking your **** to tell it to you like it is. You are not special. Anybody with money can throw it at a shop and have your car; you didn't pioneer anything.

And I jumped down someone's throat and make assinine comments that weren't deserved? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've been accused of that in the past. One more than one occasion if I recall correctly. Would you like me to search and pull up some threads for you? So would that make you the pot or the kettle?

As for your side note, how do you know I didn't donate and why does it matter? Because if I didn't, you can have something to hold over me, as it donating money to Maxima.org makes you extra-extra special?

The simple fact of the matter is: I just don't like you. You flaunt your car and have everyone here bowing down to you and it has inflated your ego so damn big that it needs it's own zip code. And no one has the ***** to tell it to you straight up: You're a jackass. Not all the time, mind you, but enough times in recent months to bring you up to a new level of jackassery. Your car isn't all that, get over yourself.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Cumalittle

Knowledge and experimentation, eh? I don't see you answering questions when the newbies ask what kind of headlights they should use or what RSB is the best one? Or are those simple questions that most new members ask beneath you? Fine then, how about joining in on the MEVI threads? Or perhaps enlightening the class on the turbo kit you developed, or a new bodykit maybe? Pioneering new things? So I guess that's what you kids are calling giving a shop some money to slap on some rims and flashy things nowadays.

I grew up around boys like you: macho and thinking they are king of the world because they have a million other little boys sucking their **** because they have a fancy little car. Sorry, I'm not like the other automatons on Maxima.org that are too afraid and too busy sucking your **** to tell it to you like it is. You are not special. Anybody with money can throw it at a shop and have your car; you didn't pioneer anything.

And I jumped down someone's throat and make assinine comments that weren't deserved? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've been accused of that in the past. One more than one occasion if I recall correctly. Would you like me to search and pull up some threads for you? So would that make you the pot or the kettle?

As for your side note, how do you know I didn't donate and why does it matter? Because if I didn't, you can have something to hold over me, as it donating money to Maxima.org makes you extra-extra special?

The simple fact of the matter is: I just don't like you. You flaunt your car and have everyone here bowing down to you and it has inflated your ego so damn big that it needs it's own zip code. And no one has the ***** to tell it to you straight up: You're a jackass. Not all the time, mind you, but enough times in recent months to bring you up to a new level of jackassery. Your car isn't all that, get over yourself.
umm...ibtl???

Old 04-04-2003, 05:39 PM
It's chrome alright...

didn't read the whole thread, sorry if this was said.

all the "firsts" are firsts on this board. There are more boards out there for car enthusiasts and there are many more people who mod cars who never read a board.

not to dis anyone here but it's pretty self-centered of us to think just because it was a first for the 20,000 members here it was also a first for the hundreds of thousands of maximas sold. If you count that most have traded hands at least once and sometimes more there have been literally millions of people have owned a maxima... I doubt all the firsts here were actually "maxima firsts."
Old 04-04-2003, 06:08 PM

First things first my car has been in a shop on 3 occasions and 2 of those are because the car was in accidents.. I installed all of my stereo, I uninstalled and reinstalled everything under my hood, and polished all that isnt chromed, i am currently fiberglassing my trunk and doing something that hasnt been done ever or maybe once or twice, i have installed EVERY suspension that has in my car, and on that note i was the first person to put air ride on a maxima (known to this board at least), i created my exhaust in CAD and had it built, my first stereo setup was the FIRST thing that my car was put in the shop for and thats because i didnt have ability to do it living on a college campus. my wilwood brakes are custom mounted and are different than anyone on here. the list could go on and on, you are in way over your heard on this one. it may sound like i am bragging but this is simply to prove a point.

You call me out and say i am a ******* and i flaunt my stuff and that my car is a shop car you are entirely wrong. there is no mod list in my sig, i dont constantly post pictures asking for respect, i post pictures when i do things to my car and when i think there is a reasonable cause.

you dont find me posting in threads about light bulbs and about RSBs because there are always 20 posts that will clearly explain the same point, you will find me offering help in threads that matter about things that i can add unique and useful insight. you dont see my filling the turbo threads because i dont have a turbo and there is no reason to post.. but to shove it in your face, i will have a turbo this summer and i will be installing all of it myself. i wont partake in the mevi threads because i dont care for the mevi myself, if my car is going to go fast i want it all low end and the mevi would be worthless for that.

go ahead and dig up my posts where i accuse people and such, i personally would love to just see you waste your time and spend so much time on me.

what do i have an ego about.. maxima.org.. HAHAHAHA.. you've got to be kidding me. this place isnt my life and the car isnt my life, its a hobby and i think you need to expand your horizons.

you keep calling out my car and telling me it isnt all that, what do you drive and what do you bring to this forum that makes you so much better than me??

i love arguing on the internet, its awesome.. keep the good times rollin.

jason
Old 04-04-2003, 06:16 PM
nobagsforyou

OOOOOOOO, LOOK AT ME i'm a big bad internet thug, oooooooooo weeeeeee

Old 04-04-2003, 07:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I would say so that there could be someone out there. Us 2nd gen maxima owners are all about turboing our cars and how it would be nice to do so. We not once have accept one. And even before then We didnt think anyone had until we saw an 87 on Ebay selling for 3k+ the 2nd gen was turbo'd and had 275HP. It prolly wasnt the best in Workmanship because he stated sometimes itll idle off alittle but when gassed it was fine. But hey it was done, he not once hit the org and Im sure with him selling it on ebay he probably was aware of the org just never decided to say anything. And plus only 3 of us including me have homemade FSTBs but Im sure someone out there did it already. I get that same feeling. I kinda wish theyd hit us up though, dang.
Old 04-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Master Will

IMHO yes and no!!!!!!!!!!

I have been here for a few years and it "was" when I came on but now the attitudes of this place make "newbies" or general questions hesitant to ask or get flamed for asking a simple question or posting pics of their car

if anyone knows about getting flamed or hated on it is me the one and only Maxima.org's most disputed..."Best Unlowered".......

but I have learned to deal w/it and move on...and also lookm at the ages of most of the members "young" people who are "immature" as in young in life and opinions..as to what is going on...

an opinion is an opinion and everyone is free to say what they want....some of the best looking Maximas are not on this site......if you cannot post something nice don't post anything at all is my motto....

this site still can be very helpfull w/a little tact...I have been "checking" out other online Forums Altimas.net, Galant Forums, Max-World.org, Nissan Forums, Nissan X, Supra, Club Si Honda, Bimmer Forums, Suburu Impreza Club,
and out of all these I see and "watch" the most rude, hatefull comments and flames on this site...no other site's members "act" like Maxima.org's members....

and "we" wonder why not many people want to donate or sponsor this site as much it is becasue of the attitude of the members that goes on here......why pay to be "treated" w/disrespect and rude comments?
Old 04-04-2003, 07:39 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

I know ALOT of hardcore car guys who could give a rats @$$ about the internet, but then again those are the ones with the traditionally fast cars.

Aside from a total hardcore car know-it-all doing a full build-up in his garage, I dont think any insanely fast Maximas are out there that arent on the internet in some form or another. There's just not access to a good portion of the information/mods available WITHOUT net access (not to mention alot of the companies are online companies). Anyone with a Maxima (or non 'mainstream' car for that matter) wouldnt have knowledge of or access to certain modifions without the internet and the ability to search (and inevitably come across Max.org).

But comparable Maximas out there? Surely. Lots of guys dont care about posting on forums, but they for darn sure came across Max.org in some way at one time or another in their quest for speed.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Father of the 00 VI

ive modded my max since 99 ,went to a performance shop and said do you have this or that , they got the stuff its that simple. I never knew about the .org at that time. I never had a computer or the desire to have one. Trust me there fast *** maxes out ther who have never ssn this site.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:32 AM
VQ Wizard

Re: Do you feel Maxima.org is representative of the Maxima Modding Community?

Originally posted by Nealoc187
There are alot of 'firsts' that are universally accepted on here to be just that, the first time someone has done something to/with a Maxima. Such as, First in the 11s, first in the 12s, first in the 13s with just bolt ons, first with over 400whp, first with a turbo, first with MEVI, etc. What do you think about this? As much as I'd like to believe I was the first in the 13s without forced induction, I've got to believe that SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE had to do it before me. Maybe I was the first to do it with as few bolt ons as I have, but there MUST be someone out there who had the all motor itch before me and had the money and the ability to do it.

Discuss.
I know what you're talking about. Shortly after I installed the Nitrous on my 2k2 I found a speed shop on the North side of Charlotte to get my bottle filled (just another one of many). The shop owner /tech swore up and down that he installed Nitrous on a 2k2 already and it was some Navy guy that drove down from Virginia Beach. There is a possibility that he actually did the work or that it was an older car. The kicker is that he couldn't give me details. The point here is that there are always other things that get done to cars that don't make it to the public eye. And when he told me that story I actually got mad and tried to call BS on him. It was one of my major goals to be the first person to put nitrous on a 2k2 (completed 5/02) and here this guy was telling me that he could have been the first.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:56 AM

Re: Re: Do you feel Maxima.org is representative of the Maxima Modding Community?

i want to contribute something to the org..maybe i'll make it known that 13's can be had in a 4th gen max on steet tires and stock intake manifold? i have a ghetto exhaust to contribute. it's cheaper than jspec exhausts lol.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:29 PM
Father of the 00 VI

Re: Re: Re: Do you feel Maxima.org is representative of the Maxima Modding Community?

Originally posted by VQdriver
i want to contribute something to the org..maybe i'll make it known that 13's can be had in a 4th gen max on steet tires and stock intake manifold? i have a ghetto exhaust to contribute. it's cheaper than jspec exhausts lol.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:45 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: IMHO yes and no!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by metallic97gxe

but I have learned to deal w/it and move on...and also lookm at the ages of most of the members "young" people who are "immature" as in young in life and opinions..as to what is going on...

an opinion is an opinion and everyone is free to say what they want....some of the best looking Maximas are not on this site......if you cannot post something nice don't post anything at all is my motto....

So what you're saying is that young people's opinions are different than yours, so they aren't good opinions. So if they don't agree with you, they shouldn't say anything. You're the biggest baby on here.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:14 PM
Master Will

NickStam!

you are one of many on this site who give it a bad name.........I don't care what you say anymore

this is why you are on my Ignore list and you are on many other's ignore list's as well....
Old 04-05-2003, 06:42 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: NickStam!

Originally posted by metallic97gxe
you are one of many on this site who give it a bad name.........I don't care what you say anymore

this is why you are on my Ignore list and you are on many other's ignore list's as well....
Ya, I've gotten some backlash all over the internet because I respond to your dumb posts. Everyone is ignoring me. Boo Hoo.
Old 04-05-2003, 06:50 PM
Master Will

NickStam!

you are one less person for me to worry about you behind the keyboard punk!!!!!!!!!

I have taken your **** long enough not anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

shut up!

Quick Reply: Do you feel Maxima.org is representative of the Maxima Modding Community?