General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Wow...a new car that captures the spirit of the 3rd generation Maximas....

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 07:49 PM

mmmm...red/clear tails....stock
Old 04-07-2003, 07:53 PM
wat

Originally posted by Sonic
TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK.

Old 04-07-2003, 08:01 PM
dmontzsta

Great stance stock, not the frontier suspension. I know they just get mad cause an older car is just as good, if not better than their newer car, right?

So they call it a box, but that is ok, we can call them bubbles, I like the TSX, I think it is not bubbly at all, I think cars that are more "square" look better.

New Accord=bubbly space ship.
3rd gen Maxima=just right.

Old 04-07-2003, 08:55 PM

Re: Wow...a new car that captures the spirit of the 3rd generation Maximas....

Originally posted by bill99gxe
The headline of a Car and Driver Article about the TSX:

"Acura joins the hunt for BMW and discovers the spirit of the old Nissan Maxima."

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caran...review_tsx.xml

So there you go, Nissan. Bring back the Maxima I fell in love with.
Exactly
Old 04-07-2003, 09:14 PM

Originally posted by Sonic
TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK, TICK.

IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS IRS

Old 04-07-2003, 09:16 PM
dmontzsta

TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END

Old 04-07-2003, 09:19 PM

Oh no, here we go with the "Battle of the gens" again. Oh well
Old 04-07-2003, 09:35 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

this thread is retarded

The TSX is nothing special. It looks cool for a new car. Performs ok, but it's not in the same category as a 3rd gen.. why is it even being mentioned.

Anyways,

I don't see too many 4th or 5th genners - "upgrading" to 3rd gens. But I've seen quite a few 3rd gens make the transition to the 4th and 5th gen and they all seem happy with their decisions, otherwise they would still own a 3rd gen. But why? the 3rd gen isn't worth more than 4k.. it can be had for significantly less than a 4th or 5th gen. Yet people still buy 4th or 5th gens over 3rd.. after having owned them and witnessed how great of cars they were. There must be a reason they do this...

can someone explain to me why this is?

3rd gens were great cars for their time.. even after their time..

but some 3rd gen owners often get their head stuck in their *** and regard the 4th gens as such ****.. while they still get their *** handed to them in many categories.. then they come up with silly excuses to make themselves feel better

that's what it looks like from here
Old 04-07-2003, 09:39 PM
dmontzsta

Re: this thread is retarded

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
The TSX is nothing special. It looks cool for a new car. Performs ok, but it's not in the same category as a 3rd gen.. why is it even being mentioned.

Anyways,

I don't see too many 4th or 5th genners - "upgrading" to 3rd gens. But I've seen quite a few 3rd gens make the transition to the 4th and 5th gen and they all seem happy with their decisions, otherwise they would still own a 3rd gen. But why? the 3rd gen isn't worth more than 4k.. it can be had for significantly less than a 4th or 5th gen. Yet people still buy 4th or 5th gens over 3rd.. after having owned them and witnessed how great of cars they were. There must be a reason they do this...

but some 3rd gen owners often get their head stuck in their *** and regard the 4th gens as such ****.. while they still get their *** handed to them in many categories.. then they come up with silly excuses to make themselves feel better

They get them cause they are newer, and I have heard of people regreting it

I have not gotten my a** handed to me, why dont you come down and hand it to me big boy

*hypnotizing you*
You dont really like your 4th gen.

Old 04-07-2003, 09:46 PM

Re: this thread is retarded

Anyways,

I never had my @ss handed to me.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: this thread is retarded

in the end the 'new' tsx is basically a euro-accord. it's kinda funny how everybody gets excited about that, i'm new in the USA, from the netherlands, europe. back there japanese cars are looked down upon pretty much, which is not always justified. i love my lil maxima, but when i told my friends back home about this they were all like " you got a rice-car??" they were stunned. it's all german made cars that rule the road. maybe thats coz were so close to'em. its just interestin to see how something that is viewed as a bland jap-mobile in europe is the hot sh** over here. i guess the grass is always greener on the other side.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:28 PM

my thoughts.

nissan should bring back the 3rd gen. exactly as they came from the factory. VE, 5speed, VLSD, IRS. none of the automatic non VI'ed crap.
they should put in some sort of BMW style headlights so a xenon upgrade (or option) isnt out of the question for those wanting to keep their high beams and stock headlights. the VTC should be improved so it does not fail (shouldnt be an issue as the QR25 and VQ35 and more have it and i havent seen them having trouble..yet).
i've driven my dads 97 SE auto..its got a good auto compared to his 89 GXE, better brakes than my 92 SE.. slower all around (FELT slower than his 89 gxe but obviously is not), doesnt seem to handle as well. i dont like the interior, i hate the lack of a fresh air vent, horrid visibility (note: on par with '90 300zx), ugly guage cluster (too big, orange needles on white faces are a no-no in my book).
theres more, but its all little things i cant think of as i havent driven it in a while..oh yeh, interior rattles are unacceptable for a car that had 40k and never had anything taken apart(when purchased..obviously they're worse now with almost 80k)

people dont upgrade to 3rd gens because people want new and less mileage. some of us dont care, others dont wanna deal with it.
to each his own.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:10 PM

Re: my thoughts.

Originally posted by MaDMaX024
nissan should bring back the 3rd gen. exactly as they came from the factory. VE, 5speed, VLSD, IRS. none of the automatic non VI'ed crap.
they should put in some sort of BMW style headlights so a xenon upgrade (or option) isnt out of the question for those wanting to keep their high beams and stock headlights. the VTC should be improved so it does not fail (shouldnt be an issue as the QR25 and VQ35 and more have it and i havent seen them having trouble..yet).
i've driven my dads 97 SE auto..its got a good auto compared to his 89 GXE, better brakes than my 92 SE.. slower all around (FELT slower than his 89 gxe but obviously is not), doesnt seem to handle as well. i dont like the interior, i hate the lack of a fresh air vent, horrid visibility (note: on par with '90 300zx), ugly guage cluster (too big, orange needles on white faces are a no-no in my book).
theres more, but its all little things i cant think of as i havent driven it in a while..oh yeh, interior rattles are unacceptable for a car that had 40k and never had anything taken apart(when purchased..obviously they're worse now with almost 80k)

people dont upgrade to 3rd gens because people want new and less mileage. some of us dont care, others dont wanna deal with it.
to each his own.
understandible.
so there are things that may be better about 4th gens..
people want new and less milage.. that's a legit reason. And still, it is possible to find a 3rd gen with 90k miles, yet people buy a 4th gen.. because they want a newer car. meaning the 3rd gen styling is outdated. BTW, having driven both, a 93 SE for a long period of time, as well as a 98 gxe and 97 SE. I can post plenty of things that i drew from my personal experience as far as the two compare.. and to be fair to both, despite my never ending love for my troublesome 93 SE, I was/is much happier with my 98 and 97.. the engine ALONE makes it worthwhile. and my 97 SE has 131k miles with ZERO repairs done, and my 93 SE had almost 3k dumped into it with 106k and was coming up for a second trans rebuild.. thats when i had enough.

if you haven't personally had your *** handed to you by a 4th gen, then it is typically common knowledge that a 4th gen is quicker, sure there are a select few cases when a VE does it's thing and holds it's own but - face it

there are other things that can be argued, such as reliability, - no ticking, noisy engines, no crappy, lagging automatic transmissions, no broken exhaust studs and no underpowered 160 horses

why can't some of you 3rd gen owners just acknowledge that your car is not as good as the generations following it on many things? it's true, it is better at some things, but it isn't in others..
why can't you just go ahead and admit that?

and looks are very subjective, so you can't really argue that and call my opinion wrong..

come on guys =)
Old 04-07-2003, 11:16 PM

and i was wondering how Dmontz is recovering from that Dyno ownage SteVTEC put on him?

Old 04-07-2003, 11:21 PM
dmontzsta

Re: Re: my thoughts.

understandible.
people want new and less milage.. that's a legit reason. And still, it is possible to find a 3rd gen with 90k miles, yet people buy a 4th gen.. because they want a newer car. meaning the 3rd gen styling is outdated.

if you haven't personally had your *** handed to you by a 4th gen, then it is common knowledge that a 4th gen is quicker - face it

there are other things that can be argued, such as reliability, - no ticking, noisy engines, no crappy, lagging automatic transmissions, no broken exhaust studs and no underpowered 160 horses

why can't some of you 3rd gen owners just acknowledge that your car is not as good as the generations following it on many things? it's true, it is better at some things, but it isn't in others..

and looks are very subjective, so you can't really argue that and call my opinion wrong..

come on guys
It is nearly impossible to find a 3rd gen with 90k, and people are not going to specificly look for low mileage 3rd gens. Another thing is 4th gens are like civics, there is a ton of them out there on the used car market, with decent mileage, that is how it was when I bought my 3rd gen, there were a ton of them on the market. And no, just cause the car is newer, doesnt mean the 3rd gen is outdated, styles change, and there are many cars I can list that have had the styles changed, and yet the older models are better. Bottom line is, newer year, people that are delusional think newer, better, even though as I said the 4th gen is at the point, where the people that have money are ditching them and getting even newer cars, does that mean the 4th gen is outdated?

I am not facing anything my friend, no 4th gen is going to "hand my **** to me", unless it has some form of forced induction.

Once again, you can point out the things that happen to 3rd gens after age, (some 3rd gens *ahem*VG's*ahem*, but what about the things that happen to 4th gens after age? we still havent seen the affects, since there are not too many HIGH mileage 4th gens.

I am not admitting anything, I wonder the same thing...how come you 4th genners dont admit that the older gen is just as good? angry that a under $4k can hang right with you?

I just said ALOT...glad we had our monthly discussion, too bad you owned a VG and not a VE, cause I would put money on it, if you had a VE, you wouldnt be driving a 4th gen right now.

Old 04-07-2003, 11:22 PM
dmontzsta

and i was wondering how Dmontz is recovering from that Dyno ownage SteVTEC put on him?

dyno ownage?

link? you smoking that stuff again?

Old 04-07-2003, 11:29 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: my thoughts.

Why don't the 4-geners accept the fact that Nissan was in the financial butthole in 1995 when it introduced the 4-gen? Other than the motor, everything else was subpar to the 3-gen(VE espcially) Everything the 5-gen 3.5VQ has now, the VE 5-sp had already. VI, coil on plug ignition/varible cam phasing, LSD tranny, IRS finally came back on the Altima and 6th gen.
It's well known by us here(and by alot of 4-gen owners that used to own/do own 3-gens), that the interior is better made in the 3-gen. Paint was superior in the 3-gen, build quality was superior in the 3-gen.

Styling. The 3-gen was ahead of it's time as it was designed in 1989. The 4-gen was never wildly accepted as a styling breakthough or even widely acclaimed as "good looking". It CAN be great looking w/ modifications or if it's really clean though.

I can't think of another gen of maxima that can command MORE money on the used market than it's newer brother. I've consistenly seen VE 5-sp maximas actually SELL for more than a same mileaged 4-gen.

Newer is not always better. It's just newer. There's more chances at getting a low miler 4-gen vs the same in a 3-gen. What would you rather have? A 68 Mustang or a 78 Mustang?

And if the 4-gen was so great, why didn't the article mention the 4-gen instead of bashing it?

understandible.
people want new and less milage.. that's a legit reason. And still, it is possible to find a 3rd gen with 90k miles, yet people buy a 4th gen.. because they want a newer car. meaning the 3rd gen styling is outdated.

if you haven't personally had your *** handed to you by a 4th gen, then it is common knowledge that a 4th gen is quicker - face it

come on guys
Old 04-07-2003, 11:30 PM

Re: Re: Re: my thoughts.

Originally posted by dmontzsta

It is nearly impossible to find a 3rd gen with 90k
Not if you want my car 93k
Old 04-07-2003, 11:35 PM
dmontzsta

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Why don't the 4-geners accept the fact that Nissan was in the financial butthole in 1995 when it introduced the 4-gen? Other than the motor, everything else was subpar to the 3-gen(VE espcially) Everything the 5-gen 3.5VQ has now, the VE 5-sp had already. VI, coil on plug ignition/varible cam phasing, LSD tranny, IRS finally came back on the Altima and 6th gen.
It's well known by us here(and by alot of 4-gen owners that used to own/do own 3-gens), that the interior is better made in the 3-gen. Paint was superior in the 3-gen, build quality was superior in the 3-gen.

Styling. The 3-gen was ahead of it's time as it was designed in 1989. The 4-gen was never wildly accepted as a styling breakthough or even widely acclaimed as "good looking". It CAN be great looking w/ modifications or if it's really clean though.

I can't think of another gen of maxima that can command MORE money on the used market than it's newer brother. I've consistenly seen VE 5-sp maximas actually SELL for more than a same mileaged 4-gen.

Newer is not always better. It's just newer. There's more chances at getting a low miler 4-gen vs the same in a 3-gen. What would you rather have? A 68 Mustang or a 78 Mustang?

And if the 4-gen was so great, why didn't the article mention the 4-gen instead of bashing it?

Exactly, if all the stuff that Nissan slowly put back into the line up is so bad, then why did they cut it out on the 4gen and bring it back once they are doing well? cause it is good. Sure you can say it has its problems, but whos to say the newer Nissans wont have them in the future once they run up the miles. I think of it this way, once you fix your VTC's you can go on kicking like new again.

Old 04-08-2003, 12:00 AM
Former Sponsor

TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END TOP END

LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END

I have top end too, its just sitting in my garage
Old 04-08-2003, 12:06 AM
dmontzsta

Originally posted by carnal_c30

LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END LOW END

I have top end too, its just sitting in my garage
Plenty, and your top end still will not do the same, and it is a PITA.

Old 04-08-2003, 12:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Plenty, and your top end still will not do the same, and it is a PITA.
i gots way more dan jOo!

actually the VI is alot simpler than your VTC stuff my top end will do the same yah?

eheh hows the 5spd doing? new tranny? whats the dilly? I bet the shop forgot to fill it with fluid and drove it then remembered and put some in
Old 04-08-2003, 12:17 AM

It is nearly impossible to find a 3rd gen with 90k, and people are not going to specificly look for low mileage 3rd gens.

hmm, weird..
i just saw a few on the very 1st page of the Maximas for sale forum right here on the org:
here is one with a 100k http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=204357
here is one with 92k http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=203798
here is one with 93k http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=204460
here is one with 103k http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=199370
i guess it's just my luck..

Another thing is 4th gens are like civics, there is a ton of them out there on the used car market, with decent mileage, that is how it was when I bought my 3rd gen, there were a ton of them on the market.

Yea, and? There are a ton of every kind of car in those years... simply because this is how long people typically keep their new cars for before wanting to get rid of them.. What does this have to do with how supposedly terrible the 4th gen is and how superior the 3rd is?

And no, just cause the car is newer, doesnt mean the 3rd gen is outdated,

out·dat·ed (out-d³“t¹d) adj. Out-of-date; old-fashioned.
Yes, yes it does mean that the 3rd gen is outdated.
It is more outdated than a 4th gen because it is older. That's all.

styles change, and there are many cars I can list that have had the styles changed, and yet the older models are better.

Good. I can list many of them too. Doesn't meant that it is always true and the car is just superior to it's predecessor in every aspect as you make it seem.
Bottom line is, newer year, people that are delusional think newer, better, even though as I said the 4th gen is at the point, where the people that have money are ditching them and getting even newer cars, does that mean the 4th gen is outdated?

Yes. See the definition of outdated. The 4th gen is outdated compared to the 5th gen. The 5th gen is outdated compared to the 6th gen.. etc.. just like the 3rd gen is outdated compared to the 4th gen.

I am not facing anything my friend, no 4th gen is going to "hand my **** to me", unless it has some form of forced induction.

Once again, you can point out the things that happen to 3rd gens after age, (some 3rd gens *ahem*VG's*ahem*, but what about the things that happen to 4th gens after age?

see the following statement, you are answering your own question..
we still havent seen the affects, since there are not too many HIGH mileage 4th gens.
So.. since there are not too many HIGH milage 4th gens, how can you say that the 4th gen is less reliable than the 3rd gen? If you haven't even seen that many high milage 4th gens, therefore you have nothing to base your conclusion from?
besides, there are quite a bit of high milage 4th gens.. they are not that far apart.. 2 years ago, i saw more 3rd gen owners with blown auto trannies and sub 120k miles than i have seen now on 4th gens with sub 120k miles..

I am not admitting anything, I wonder the same thing...how come you 4th genners dont admit that the older gen is just as good?
Did you read my previous reply? I DID acknowledge/admit that the 3rd gen had some qualities that were superior to that of the 4th gen.
angry that a under $4k can hang right with you?

lol, nope not really.
If that was the case, I'd be angry that a 1,500 mustang can destroy me. Besides, how many 3rd gens are there that are even within 4 tenths of what 4th gens run at the track with the same mods, or even more mods? Only a select few cases.. but in most cases, 4th gens are faster. If I'm wrong, please provide some convincing evidence that proves otherwise.

I just said ALOT...glad we had our monthly discussion, too bad you owned a VG and not a VE, cause I would put money on it, if you had a VE, you wouldnt be driving a 4th gen right now.
Wrong again bud,
I owned a 93 SE, which had a VE in it everyday of the 14 or so months I owned it for. I'm still happier with the VQ.

And I'm glad we had this convo as well we must keep the family rivary alive, right?
Old 04-08-2003, 12:25 AM

You guys go have ur rivalry/war/whatever, I'm gonna go get me a 2jz-gte ttttttttttttttt
Old 04-08-2003, 12:27 AM
dmontzsta

Re: Re: Re: Re: my thoughts.

hmm, weird..
i just saw a few on the very 1st page of the Maximas for sale forum right here on the org:
here is one with a 100k http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=204357
here is one with 92k http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=203798
here is one with 93k http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=204460
here is one with 103k http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=199370
i guess it's just my luck..

[/b]
Yea, and? There are a ton of every kind of car in those years... simply because this is how long people typically keep their new cars for before wanting to get rid of them.. What does this have to do with how supposedly terrible the 4th gen is and how superior the 3rd is?

[/b]
out·dat·ed (out-d³“t¹d) adj. Out-of-date; old-fashioned.
Yes, yes it does mean that the 3rd gen is outdated.
It is more outdated than a 4th gen because it is older. That's all.

[/b]
Good. I can list many of them too. Doesn't meant that it is always true and the car is just superior to it's predecessor in every aspect as you make it seem.
[/b]
Yes. See the definition of outdated. The 4th gen is outdated compared to the 5th gen. The 5th gen is outdated compared to the 6th gen.. etc.. just like the 3rd gen is outdated compared to the 4th gen.

[/b]

[/b]
see the following statement, you are answering your own question..
So.. since there are not too many HIGH milage 4th gens, how can you say that the 4th gen is less reliable than the 3rd gen? If you haven't even seen that many high milage 4th gens, therefore you have nothing to base your conclusion from?
besides, there are quite a bit of high milage 4th gens.. they are not that far apart.. 2 years ago, i saw more 3rd gen owners with blown auto trannies and sub 120k miles than i have seen now on 4th gens with sub 120k miles..

Did you read my previous reply? I DID acknowledge/admit that the 3rd gen had some qualities that were superior to that of the 4th gen.
[/b]
lol, nope not really.
If that was the case, I'd be angry that a 1,500 mustang can destroy me. Besides, how many 3rd gens are there that are even within 4 tenths of what 4th gens run at the track with the same mods, or even more mods? Only a select few cases.. but in most cases, 4th gens are faster. If I'm wrong, please provide some convincing evidence that proves otherwise.

Wrong again bud,
I owned a 93 SE, which had a VE in it everyday of the 14 or so months I owned it for. I'm still happier with the VQ.

And I'm glad we had this convo as well we must keep the family rivary alive, right? [/B]
Reading your above stuff and your searches, I have come to the conclusion that you are on drugs.

Old 04-08-2003, 12:28 AM
dmontzsta

Originally posted by MaximaGXE93
You guys go have ur rivalry/war/whatever, I'm gonna go get me a 2jz-gte ttttttttttttttt
you are on some better drugs than him.

NYCe, you need to start getting your stuff from him.

Old 04-08-2003, 12:33 AM

<- On some good sh*t
Old 04-08-2003, 12:38 AM

sorry man, i don't do drugs must be all this polluted NYC air that's messing my head up. We don't have that clean air bs as you guys on the West Coast

but MaximaGXE93,
send me some of that ish.. maybe i can sell it and buy a 3rd gen with it
Old 04-08-2003, 12:43 AM
dmontzsta

sorry man, i don't do drugs must be all this polluted NYC air that's messing my head up. We don't have that clean air bs as you guys on the West Coast

but MaximaGXE93,
send me some of that ish.. maybe i can sell it and buy a 3rd gen with it
See, I knew it, you know whats up.

Dont worry, I wont tell your 4th gen "butt-ys"

Old 04-08-2003, 12:52 AM

See, I knew it, you know whats up.

It's alright.. they won't get jelous..
they know a 3rd gen is too slow to stay on my ***
Old 04-08-2003, 12:53 AM

Old 04-08-2003, 05:29 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

I am a 4th Gen owner and can admit freely that there are things that are MUCH better about the 3rd Gens over any newer Maxima. But there are also things that are better about the 4th Gen and newer Gens. However, there are certain 3rd gen owners that simply cannot admit that there is anything better about any newer Maxima. They cling to the stengths of their particular car while denying its own weaknesses, and then bash on the weaknesses of the newer cars while also denying its strengths over the 3rd gen.

I find this selective vision and acknowledgment amusing.

And I would also just like to say that...

VQ 0wNz j0o !!!11!

Old 04-08-2003, 07:34 AM
dmontzsta

Originally posted by SteVTEC
I am a 4th Gen owner and can admit freely that there are things that are MUCH better about the 3rd Gens over any newer Maxima. But there are also things that are better about the 4th Gen and newer Gens. However, there are certain 3rd gen owners that simply cannot admit that there is anything better about any newer Maxima. They cling to the stengths of their particular car while denying its own weaknesses, and then bash on the weaknesses of the newer cars while also denying its strengths over the 3rd gen.

I find this selective vision and acknowledgment amusing.

And I would also just like to say that...

VE 0wNz j0o !!!11!

I wonder who you are talking about.

Old 04-08-2003, 07:49 AM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE

you CRaZY MODERATORS ARE ALWAYS POWER TRIPPIN EDITING PEOPLES POSTS AND STUFF.... ALL OF U SUCK ^%$^$%#^^
Old 04-08-2003, 08:19 AM

I really don't have any input. I just wanted to get in on the Action.

But on a side note I think they're all trash (from the 1st gen all the way to the butt ugly 6 gen), it's how you mod it that makes it special.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:36 AM
I'm needing a caw

NYCe MaXiMa I guess since you didn't address my post you are admiting defeat.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:02 AM

Holy crap guys. Buy what you like, end of story.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:20 AM

I like all of the gens. from 2nd to 5th, 6th is another story and yes I have driven it extensively. Each gen. has its strenghts and weaknesses but overall they are all pretty good cars and always has been a great bang for the buck!
Old 04-08-2003, 09:23 AM
dmontzsta

Originally posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
I like all of the gens. from 2nd to 5th, 6th is another story and yes I have driven it extensively. Each gen. has its strenghts and weaknesses but overall they are all pretty good cars and always has been a great bang for the buck!
that is great man! tell em how it is...

you dont like the 1st gen? RWD=ownage

Old 04-08-2003, 10:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It's alright.. they won't get jelous..
they know a 3rd gen is too slow to stay on my ***
not my 3rd gen

Quick Reply: Wow...a new car that captures the spirit of the 3rd generation Maximas....