General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

i have a dilemma......

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2001, 05:05 AM

I love my car to death. My mom owes 7 thousand on the loan, because more then just the car were on it. I absoluetly love it but i want more! more i tell you!
So i'm stuck between keeping my max and modding it out, and probably doing a VG-T swap, and Manual conversion. OR getting a 2K1 AE or SE. I want a 5spd, and i want Forced Induction.
But i love my carrrrr. But i love the 5th genssssssss!!

Old 01-27-2001, 05:50 AM

your better off just buying the 2001 ae

ur going to go through headaches if you dont get a competent shop to do the conversion

in my opinion just get the Ae youll b more then satisfied
judging by others comments on the forum.

good luck with the decision
Old 01-27-2001, 06:07 AM

get the 2K if u can, take off your mods and sell them, you'll probably be better of that way, except for maybe the rears discs if they r on already. in the long run you'll regret not having the newer car and like the post above said, engine swaps can be tricky so u gotta get it done right and that's gonna take some serious cash so get the 2K'
Old 01-27-2001, 08:10 AM
Finally, A New Status Title...How About Donating Maxima.org Member...Oh wait...NO!!!

get the...

new car, the swap and conversion are tough and expensive, new car = less hassle + bonus of having a new car!
good luck
Old 01-27-2001, 09:51 AM

Go the Doug route. Used 95-97. Depending on your monetary situation, you might be able to afford a 2001 GXE stick. The AE is way too expensive.