General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

dual gauge pod fitment issue... NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 06:09 PM
V^___^V

dual gauge pod fitment issue... NEED HELP!

i have a bose system from nissan. the dual gauge pod can't fit on top of the bose speaker on the a-pillar. the gauge pod is plastic, i don't wanna risk benting it. also the instruction told me to drill a custom hole thru the a-pillar.. but i dont' really wanna leave holes on my a-pillar. any other custom way? tapes? velcro? need help!
Old 08-14-2003, 06:21 PM
V^___^V

current interior shot.

interior shot with radar detector.

dual gauge pod w/o gauges for now. sittin at the bottom of the a-pillar due to fitment issues.

bose speaker is covered. fitment issue.

custom wiring radar detector behind a-pillar.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:15 PM
V^___^V

bump, anyone?
Old 08-14-2003, 11:28 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Yeah...remove the stocker and just use the pod pillar.

Transfer the "snaps" from the stocker or come up with your own. The top just needs something to hold her up. The bottom is fine. Just snap off the stock TOP snap and use some puddy to reattach it to the gauge pillar.

The Nissan dealers use some kind of hardening puddy to replace the snaps IF they break off during removal. I'm not sure if it's something you can buy from the dealer, but it looks similar to some kind of hardening plumbers putty.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:27 PM

Re: dual gauge pod fitment issue... NEED HELP!

Originally posted by happyricefob
i have a bose system from nissan. the dual gauge pod can't fit on top of the bose speaker on the a-pillar. the gauge pod is plastic, i don't wanna risk benting it. also the instruction told me to drill a custom hole thru the a-pillar.. but i dont' really wanna leave holes on my a-pillar. any other custom way? tapes? velcro? need help!
Where did you get the dual A pillar pod from? I've been looking for a long time for one. Is the fitment issue due to your radar position? Or this Dual pod is for another car? I see that it fits good from the top but at the bottom where it covers the tweet is this due to the fact that this pod is not tapered? Let me know if thats the problem and also where did you buy this? Thanks. You may check into Radio Shack for some strong velcro you could use to hold the pillar on. I used this stuff to attach my new tweets to the metal behind the stock A pillar and with all the vibration its still holding strong thru heat and cold and loud tunes. Don't drill holes due to the fact that the pillar is the drain for the sun-roof.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:34 PM

Re: Re: dual gauge pod fitment issue... NEED HELP!

Originally posted by CJLax

Where did you get the dual A pillar pod from? I've been looking for a long time for one. Is the fitment issue due to your radar position? Or this Dual pod is for another car? I see that it fits good from the top but at the bottom where it covers the tweet is this due to the fact that this pod is not tapered? Let me know if thats the problem and also where did you buy this? Thanks. You may check into Radio Shack for some strong velcro you could use to hold the pillar on. I used this stuff to attach my new tweets to the metal behind the stock A pillar and with all the vibration its still holding strong thru heat and cold and loud tunes. Don't drill holes due to the fact that the pillar is the drain for the sun-roof.
Do you not want a triple pod?
Old 08-16-2003, 02:57 AM
V^___^V

Re: Re: Re: dual gauge pod fitment issue... NEED HELP!

Originally posted by IceY2K1

nope, i'm plannin to run NOS in the future. so 1 gauge for voltage, 1 gauge for psi, and a'pexi s-afc for air/fuel.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:02 PM

NOS #5124 is a dry kit, you'll want a fuel pressure gauge.

MINIMUM gauges I'd have:
1)EGT
2)Bottle pressure
3)Fuel pressure

Plus, since you're auto, you might consider a trans temp gauge in the future. Basically, I'd go for the triple, since there is bound to be SOMETHING you'll add or need in the future. Just my .02.
Old 08-20-2003, 06:21 AM

Re: Re: Re: dual gauge pod fitment issue... NEED HELP!

Originally posted by IceY2K1

No, just looking for a proper fitment dual A-Pillar for Trans Temp and air fuel gauge only, 52mm. A triple is more than I need. A dual is impossible to find. Someone made one from an add on with bondo and it looked like hell. If someone knows where to find a full A-pillar with tweet cut out I will be forever greatful. Thanks
Old 08-20-2003, 09:53 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: dual gauge pod fitment issue... NEED HELP!

Originally posted by CJLax

No, just looking for a proper fitment dual A-Pillar for Trans Temp and air fuel gauge only, 52mm. A triple is more than I need. A dual is impossible to find. Someone made one from an add on with bondo and it looked like hell. If someone knows where to find a full A-pillar with tweet cut out I will be forever greatful. Thanks
If I stay NA I'd just go with two, I'd go with an Oil Pressure/Temp gauge and a coolant temp gauge.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:08 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Can't you move the whole pod higher? The pix look like a universal pod not the full A-pillar pod. Maybe I'm blind?!
Old 08-20-2003, 04:48 PM

push the a pod up higher and take a dremel to the bottom over it to provide clearence for the tweeters. thats what i did with my 96..well not me frank(jdmmax)
Old 08-21-2003, 06:24 AM

Where do you get Dual 52mm A-pillar pod?

Again guys where can I find one for a 2k2? Dual 52mm A-pillar for a 2k2 Max Se anyone!!! Full or add on. Thanks
Old 08-25-2003, 06:59 AM

Bump