General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My Maxima is history.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My Maxima is history.

Well old friends, my Maxima is gone. The Infiniti dealer called me yesterday and told me my '04 G35 coupe (diamond graphite, auto, navigation and premium package) just came off the truck, and they would turn in my leased Maxima for me. A few hours later I drove home in my new car.

Of course, I had to sign a waiver that if ever questioned by any younger G35c owner I would say I'm driving my son's car. I mean they can't spread it around that a 66 year old has such a hot machine.

As far as this forum is concerned, I would like to stick around for awhile, just to keep my finger in the pie, so to speak. I wouldn't want you youngsters to go completely amok without me.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:05 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

NICE nice choice for a ride.

We will see how long you can keep the "finger in the pie".
Old 08-20-2003, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Re: My Maxima is history.

congrats.. i am jealous

where is that Tim W fellow.. i think he owns a gee turdy five too
Originally posted by Magellan
Well old friends, my Maxima is gone. The Infiniti dealer called me yesterday and told me my '04 G35 coupe (diamond graphite, auto, navigation and premium package) just came off the truck, and they would turn in my leased Maxima for me. A few hours later I drove home in my new car.

Of course, I had to sign a waiver that if ever questioned by any younger G35c owner I would say I'm driving my son's car. I mean they can't spread it around that a 66 year old has such a hot machine.

As far as this forum is concerned, I would like to stick around for awhile, just to keep my finger in the pie, so to speak. I wouldn't want you youngsters to go completely amok without me.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:14 PM

Originally posted by IceY2K1
NICE nice choice for a ride.

We will see how long you can keep the "finger in the pie".
You may have to check the obituaries. I check them every morning. If I'm not listed, I shave.
Old 08-21-2003, 07:47 AM
Boost.....

Nice choice....I want one of those SOOOOOO bad.

Did you get the Senior Discount?? Or just the usual free cup of coffee??

But an automatic????? C'mon Maggie where's the spirit??
Old 08-21-2003, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by Padsy
Nice choice....I want one of those SOOOOOO bad.

Did you get the Senior Discount?? Or just the usual free cup of coffee??

But an automatic????? C'mon Maggie where's the spirit??
Actually, Infiniti service is a new experience for me. Even for a simple oil/filter change they go over the whole car and wash it afterward. They also give their customers a free loaner, an Infiniti no less, for as long and as far as needed.

Now I know you're a MT fanatic, but in my case my wife needs to drive it every now and then and she refuses to learn how to drive a stick. Considering that I wouldn't be able to get the car without her buy in, I got the auto. It does have that manual shift mode, however, if that's not below your dignity. I could always just open up the window while shouting "Verrooom, verrooom."
Old 08-21-2003, 09:01 AM

damn dad...why aren't you this cool??
Old 08-21-2003, 02:30 PM

nice/wise choise. the older you get the wiser you are.
Old 08-21-2003, 03:48 PM

Congrats..
Old 08-21-2003, 04:17 PM

Originally posted by CRIS_Y2K_SE
nice/wise choise. the older you get the wiser you are.
Thanks. I've always followed a simple rule with cars: The next one should always be better than the last. We should all follow this rule, as we only get to travel life's road once.
Old 08-21-2003, 05:46 PM

Thanks. I've always followed a simple rule with cars: The next one should always be better than the last. We should all follow this rule, as we only get to travel life's road once.
crap, I'm 25 and I started with a Maxima... I guess I better get to earning more frog skins.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by todamax

crap, I'm 25 and I started with a Maxima... I guess I better get to earning more frog skins.
crap, started when i was 20...looks like an M5 or a Benz looks very possible in my future
Old 08-21-2003, 09:04 PM

Great words to live by. I'm following that philosophy. Started with an 87 VW Scirocco, then a 99 Mercury Mystique, and now my sweet 04 Maxima. Four years from now I gotta get something cooler.

CM.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:06 AM

You wouldn't live in Michigan, would you?
One recent morning, at 6 a.m. on my way to work, I passed a sweet a silver (diamond graphite?) G35 driven by a, ahem, seasoned driver. I had envy all day.
My younger bro, who has always had nice cars and diminished my Maximas, finally admitted that my new one is nicer than what he drives (a maxed out Saab 9.5se). So now he's threatening to get a G35, the b*stard.

BTW -- his Saab ate my '99 Max SE alive, but he's not too eager to take on my new one.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:17 AM

Re: My Maxima is history.

Be proud old man.

There's a guy in my complex with the same color coupe.
Old 08-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Boost.....

I could always just open up the window while shouting "Verrooom, verrooom."
I do that anyway....
Old 08-22-2003, 08:43 AM

Originally posted by highroad
You wouldn't live in Michigan, would you?
One recent morning, at 6 a.m. on my way to work, I passed a sweet a silver (diamond graphite?) G35 driven by a, ahem, seasoned driver. I had envy all day.
My younger bro, who has always had nice cars and diminished my Maximas, finally admitted that my new one is nicer than what he drives (a maxed out Saab 9.5se). So now he's threatening to get a G35, the b*stard.

BTW -- his Saab ate my '99 Max SE alive, but he's not too eager to take on my new one.
No, I live in the Los Angeles area. But I am getting a lot of turned heads on the road, especially with my gray hair. I love every minute of it.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:13 PM

Congrats. Very nice car.
Old 08-23-2003, 09:16 AM
lcf

My father has the same predicament. He wants a G35 coupe so badly, yet my mother doesn't drive a manual and good lord in heaven I don't even want to think about her learning. Haha. I want him to get it so I can drive it when I visit. I know he'd have a blast too. Especially because he'd be coming from driving a boat (Q45). The '96 Q45 has over 100k and still drives strong. Only problems have been electrical; rear view mirror memory no longer functions. I hope it lasts at least 3 more years so I can buy him the G.

Good luck, gramps. Nice car!
Old 08-23-2003, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by lcf
My father has the same predicament. He wants a G35 coupe so badly, yet my mother doesn't drive a manual and good lord in heaven I don't even want to think about her learning. Haha. I want him to get it so I can drive it when I visit. I know he'd have a blast too. Especially because he'd be coming from driving a boat (Q45). The '96 Q45 has over 100k and still drives strong. Only problems have been electrical; rear view mirror memory no longer functions. I hope it lasts at least 3 more years so I can buy him the G.

Good luck, gramps. Nice car!
Tell your father that this old man has had his G35c for three days now and it’s the greatest automotive pleasure I’ve ever had. It’s roomy in the front (old people may need that), responsive, powerful, full of the latest gadgets and just fun to drive.

Tell him, like me, that he probably has more days behind him than ahead, so he has earned the right to drive the car he really wants; not three years from now, but today. And the five speed auto with manual shift should answer any complaint your mother may have.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:31 PM
¿Hablas Español?

Tell your father that this old man has had his G35c for three days now and it’s the greatest automotive pleasure I’ve ever had. It’s roomy in the front (old people may need that), responsive, powerful, full of the latest gadgets and just fun to drive.

Tell him, like me, that he probably has more days behind him than ahead, so he has earned the right to drive the car he really wants; not three years from now, but today. And the five speed auto with manual shift should answer any complaint you mother may have.
Good call Magellan. My dad said that when he bought his dream - a 1956 Bel-Air coupe in show-car condition. He's added a few gizmos here and there but gets more joy from Sunday drives and being parades and carshows than anything else on 4 wheels could offer him. Different story but same reasoning.

I figure I have about 2 or 3 more years before I have more days behind me than ahead of me so I'm still saving up!

Enjoy it man! (but leave the young hotties that drool over your cool ride for the less-experienced set)
Old 08-23-2003, 06:22 PM

I AM NOT JEALOUS!!!

Old 08-24-2003, 03:52 PM

i think the G35 coupe looks a lot hotter than a skyline.