General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

how often does ur fuse blown out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 11:51 PM
V^___^V

how often does ur fuse blown out?

for some reason, my fuse gets blown out about every 3 months. either the tails or brakes. i donno runnin hyperwhite won't affect much since it's runnin the same voltage, except it's brighter. but it does makes me wonder wat the hell is goin on? kinda frustratin as well... anybody going thru the same situation?
Old 08-25-2003, 12:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: how often does ur fuse blown out?

Originally posted by happyricefob
for some reason, my fuse gets blown out about every 3 months. either the tails or brakes. i donno runnin hyperwhite won't affect much since it's runnin the same voltage, except it's brighter. but it does makes me wonder wat the hell is goin on? kinda frustratin as well... anybody going thru the same situation?
did you rewired your corners?
For some reason when I rewired mine. The fuses would only last me a couple of weeks. I know rewired them back to stock and don't have any problems.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:02 AM

are you replacing them with correct fuses? or maybe the ones you keep putting in is rated smaller amp
Old 08-25-2003, 01:32 AM
V^___^V

Originally posted by optimus310

did you rewired your corners?
For some reason when I rewired mine. The fuses would only last me a couple of weeks. I know rewired them back to stock and don't have any problems.
yea...my corners are rewired.

Originally posted by Nismo
are you replacing them with correct fuses? or maybe the ones you keep putting in is rated smaller amp
no i'm not. runnin higher amps will cause the circuits to blow out faster. running lower amps will not trasnfer enough electricity for support. therefore runnin stock spec is a must.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Are you using Buss?

I havent had any problems with them and I had some pretty good (powerwise) rewires going, but my friends have had some problems. I just double checked all the connections and such and he really hasnt had a problem yet.

The cheap bulk Napa Fuses seem to last a long time aswell, but the normal retail packages are just Buss fuses with a Napa (and Buss) label.

If it just doesnt seem to stop, you might want to find the current each item is drawing and make sure the fuse is rated for it.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:01 AM

You said the bulbs were running brighter? They could be higher wattage?

Sounds like you're having nuisance blows. They don't blow instantaneously because you're not exceeding the fuse rating, however you could be running close to it. With time, the fuse characteristics slowly deteriorate, leading to a nuisance blow.

Pull the bulbs out and look at the wattage printed on the sleeve. Compare it to the stock bulbs or the owner's manual. I've seen APC bulbs 1156/7 that draw more than stock wattage, your hyperwhites could be the same.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:30 PM
V^___^V

Originally posted by pocketrocket
You said the bulbs were running brighter? They could be higher wattage?

Sounds like you're having nuisance blows. They don't blow instantaneously because you're not exceeding the fuse rating, however you could be running close to it. With time, the fuse characteristics slowly deteriorate, leading to a nuisance blow.

Pull the bulbs out and look at the wattage printed on the sleeve. Compare it to the stock bulbs or the owner's manual. I've seen APC bulbs 1156/7 that draw more than stock wattage, your hyperwhites could be the same.
my corner (t.tails) didn't blown out last nite, it was my brake lights. and all my brake lights are stock.

and yea, my corner lights did blow out few times, but not as much as my brake lights.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:17 PM

my window fuse under the hood in the little fuse box on the right blew 3 times in one week about a month ago..dont know why? been ok ever since
Old 08-26-2003, 02:30 PM

Hmm ... I've never replaced a fuse in two years of owning my car. I must be lucky (or I don't drive my car enough ... 10k in 2 years, is that little? )
Old 08-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Moderator GT-R

Originally posted by pocketrocket
...characteristics slowly deteriorate, leading to a nuisance blow.
Have you been talking to my ex?
Old 08-26-2003, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by bluemaxx
Have you been talking to my ex?
Should I be?